{69} Attempt

9:35pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Of course, lynching isn't bad for them. They're murderers after all," I ranted, shoving the crumpled paper onto the bed in frustration. "What does it even mean when is rarely aired, or rarely yield? Of course, people getting murdered was never express publicly but what does it even mean by yield? None of this makes any sense..." I cried, slumping onto my bed, my arms spread over it.

Namjoon, who was sitting beside me, gave me a few glances before grabbing a pillow and thrusting it onto my face. "Stop complaining... it hurts my ears,"

Tch.

Sitting up and placing the pillow on my lap, I scoffed at him as I grab the paper back into my hand. "Is not my fault that you don't get bored easily staring at the same thing," I muttered, rolling my eyes as I kept my eyes open wide on the paper, trying to not fall asleep. "Anyways, how are they doing? On section two?"

"They're doing fine," Namjoon murmured, caressing his chin with a thumb and index finger as though he was thinking. "Like, the murderers aren't seen yet, maybe they're just hiding."

"Not gonna lie, isn't it best to start finding him once we crack the riddle?" I questioned him and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, obviously," He spat, raising a hand to threaten to hit me, and I back away. "With someone like you always wasting time procrastinating and ranting on about other irrelevant things,"

"Hey- since when were we that close for you to scold me?" I demanded, clenching my jaw and sending him an icy stare as I felt indignant. "This is just unfair..."

"I scold you only because I feel comfortable around you- do you see me going around scolding random people like a maniac?" He asked me in annoyance, rolling his eyes as he took the other pillow and place it onto his lap. "Anyways, stop asking questions and bother me- just focus on the riddle like you're meant to, alright?"

Slightly pushing me away with his big hands, I decided to move away from him, grumbling softly. Scratching my neck, I place the riddle down onto the bed and stretch my arms.

Reading this riddle... is getting boring. And it would be nice to go out and enjoy the night atmosphere while trying to find Taehyung. And, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who's good at cracking riddles. Sure, I may be one of the smartest but that doesn't mean I'm good at riddles- like I've never solved any riddles throughout my school years.

But like I'm just saying excuses because I don't want to do this. I would rather watch boring documentaries or memorise more complicated maths formulas. It is what it is after all...

This is revenge for what you did to my four members.

I blinked blankly at the sentence, the corner of my mouth quirking up into a smirk. Do they not realize the damage they have done to the school? Or are they just not ashamed? Man, we just capture their four members - we didn't kill them, did we?

Sometimes I just want to rip the riddle in half but is the only clue given to us if we want to rescue Taehyung. This is just atrocious... do they think this is Squid Game or something? Our life is at stake, bruh...

Moving my laptop towards me, I decided it would be best if I search up each of the sentences. With my ten fingers, I decided to stretch them before typing madly.

'What is a building that stays in the corner but travels around the world' Pressing the rectangular button, enter, I waited for it to load while sipping through the water bottle Jungkook gave me to stay hydrated while working.

Putting the water bottle down, I read the answers that were given on the internet. A postage stamp.

Hm...

"There's no point searching up on the internet," Namjoon told me, peeking over my shoulder as I look at him. He glides his eyes towards me and scrunches his nose. "The murderers tend to think twice about things before doing it."

"I know... but do we at least have a postage stamp box somewhere?" I questioned, as it doesn't hurt to try. "We should at least have one, right? Taehyung might be under-"

"Y/N, wake up," Namjoon interrupted me, raising a fist and knocking on my head as though I needed a new brain. "Do we look like we're in the 90's century? We're in the 20's century for god sake. Look at what happen to our society- all of us are using electronics, texting one another, emailing one another, and more."

"Yeah, I get it but that doesn't necessarily mean we don't have one, right?" I asked, smiling innocently and sadly he shook his head.

"We don't have one because society had changed. The government thinks having one will be useless so no," Namjoon sighed, sitting back onto the bed and crossing his legs.

"Seriously?" I mumbled with a frown. "That sucks so much. What if some old teachers don't know how technology works? What happens then?"

"There's always IT to help them..." Namjoon answered my question without much thought and I bit my lip as though I was unsure whether that was useful or not.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, giving me Deja vu. I wasn't interested but it did surprise me that they were back early once again.

"Wow, could it be Yerim and Jimin again?" Namjoon said, as he begin to left the bed slowly while stretching.

"Maybe. I mean, last time they came back around nine-forty and is around ten in the night so is probably them," I guessed, closing the laptop as I wanted to rest my eyes from the blue screen. Laying down on the bed, I watch Namjoon's back as he walked towards the door. He was about to open the door with an open hand when we heard a different voice.

"Open the door, I know you're in there," 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin

Psh~ 69 <3