{127} Disbelief

7:54pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"What the hell are you two doing here!?" I yelled in disbelief, shining my flashlight down on them in a demanding way.

Rebecca and Jackson stared up at me, their eyes widening in shock as though they didn't expect us to be here. They were covered with leaves and sticks and twigs were stuck everywhere, including on their hair and clothes. I didn't want to believe who I was seeing. No, is absolutely absurd that THEY were the ones who are here instead of someone else.

"Rebecca? Jackson??" Yerim chuckled and I glanced at her. It was as though she had forgotten about what Jungkook had said and acted as though we met them at night by coincidence. "What are the wang's siblings doing here?"

"Thank god is you and Y/N!" Rebecca chirped, removing the leaves from her black feather head and smiling at us at the same time. "Can you guys help us out of here? We're a bit stuck..." Rebecca murmured and Yerim was about to give in when I pull her sleeve.

"We don't have the equipment to help you guys," I replied coldly. "We just came because we heard lots of noises."

Is this true? Has Jungkook always been right the very first day he suspected them? Why didn't I listen to him and try to understand why he suspects them? Is this why he told us it'll teach us a lesson to not trust someone easily just because they send out kind vibes?

If I'd listened to him sooner, I wouldn't fallen down this deep hole of shame and feelings of betrayal. I feel utterly embarrassed.

"Oh! We're sorry-"

"What are you guys doing here?" I glowered at them, shining the flashlight at their faces.

"We were just taking a walk you know?? For some fresh air," Jackson replied, and I could feel he was forcing a smile on us.

"In the night?" I wanted to scoff in disbelief but decided to put my voice blank instead. "You can do it in the morning or the afternoon or the evening... why at night?"

"Because..." Jackson hesitated for a moment, staring over at Rebecca who was suspiciously silent. "The atmosphere is much more different," He frantically looks behind him and in other directions. "Just quickly get us out with something. Quickly!"

"Okay!" Yerim said and she was about to jump in the hole when I grabbed her shoulder and hold her firmly on the ground.

"Yerim," I pronounced her name for her attention and she frowned at me. "Do you not remember what Jungkook said? Whoever goes to this building are the last murderers-"

"Oh, come on Y/N!" Rebecca yelled, interrupting me and I turned to coldly stare at her. "Do you honestly believe that bullshit your boyfriend said?" She demanded, her eyes widen in shock and I was taken aback by her tone. "Me!? Come on? Is that what you think of me Y/N? A murderer?!"

I didn't know how to react so I just shake my head at Yerim who's facial expressions slowly turned sad. Her eyes drooped and all I could do is glare at the both of them.

"Do you honestly think we're a joke?" I asked them, my lips trembling and they frowned at me.

"What?"

"Did you enjoy toying with our hearts?" I questioned, clenching my jaw. "Lucas's death... why did you kill him? Why did you take Lucas's kindness for granted??"

"Hey, the bullet wasn't even for him," Jackson scoffed and I frowned at the sudden change of attitude. "It was for-"

"ANSWER ME!" I yelled, banging a fist onto the gravel floor, the hardness injuring my fist. "Why did you have to go so far and ruin so many people's lives like this? All for what? To take over the school?"