{03} Scream

4:21pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

It was already late in the afternoon after I finish unpacking my stuff, having a quick shower, and examining the small room. The room was pretty neat after you walk past the bathroom. Four walls, two single beds, a wardrobe and cabinet on each side of the bed, and a table right across each bed. It wasn't spacious and was a little cramped but at least is comfortable.

Settling myself comfortably on the bed which was on the corner, I decided to surf the internet on my phone to get rid of the warning in my head I was given earlier by my roommate.

But it wasn't easy.

What did she mean? Why was she telling me to get out? Why was she panicking and being mysterious? And why was she looking around us like someone was watching us?

I wanted to ask her all of the questions that were bugging me but didn't manage to because she disappeared to who knows where.

At first, I thought she was just joking around since that's what people always do to new students. But something about her face and her tone changed my mind.

She seems very agitated and disturbed the whole time she was warning me. Is like she was scared of getting punished for saying something wrong. But was she saying something wrong?

I was about to take her advice and escaped but what would I tell my mum when she saw me?

That I was warned to get out or leave since it was for my safety?

No! My mum would think that I've gone crazy or weird or something and force me to go back! Plus, I don't have enough reasons since my roommate won't tell me why!

I'm just going to call this a day and go to sleep. Hopefully, the next morning, I'll see my roommate.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

12:06am

When is she going to be coming back?

I wondered as I was woken up by the wind howling loudly outside. It was already midnight, and she wasn't back which left me curious and worried.

As the wind howls, it made the wall clenched. I decided to wait in the dark for a few more minutes for her before going back to sleep.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock.

The clock ticking was the only noise in the dark, silent room. It was sort of creepy since I didn't use to living by myself. Or in a room for two people.

A few more minutes past and I gave up on waiting for her. Even though I have no school tomorrow, I still needed sleep. And I love sleeping after all.

As I was about to jerk off to sleep, a sudden piercing scream filled the quiet room which made me fell off the bed.

What the hell?

Another chilling scream was heard coming from the same place and my eyes went wide.

Is coming from next door...

IS COMING FROM NEXT DOOR!!!

Several loud slaps and cries were heard from next door and all I could do is to just listen. Even though I wanted to stand up and go next door to save the girl who was screaming, my legs couldn't bring me to do it. It was like I have no bones in my legs and that it had stopped functioning.

The frightening screams made me shuddered and I crawled myself into a ball.

Am I the only one hearing this? How come no one is running out of their dorms to see what was happening?

Gee, they must be heavy sleepers.

Or are they just scared??

Or am I the only one living on this floor??

I couldn't think of answering my questions and all I just want is for the scream to stop.

A few minutes of horrifying screams and cries vibrated the wall like an ear-piercing musical note.

Outside, in the night, the thunder roared and cracked. Wind howl like a wolf, alone in the woods, in the night. Rain the size of a bullet, drummed loudly on the roof while it trickles down the window as tears slide from your cheeks.

Clutching onto the blanket while shivering in fear, I closed my eyes and hugged my knees, waiting for it to end...

When it finally did, all I can do is let out a loud exhale, for I have been holding in my breath. And after that, darkness took in my vision...

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading :)

~Xin