{87} Preparation

28/11/20
Saturday
1:12pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"What's up Kookie?" I asked enthusiastically as I came out from the bathroom after doing my business. I walk over towards him, who was sitting on his spot while fiddling with something. Looking over his shoulder curiously, I spotted a sparkly white bracelet that was shaped like a watch but had a purple button in the middle. Noticing me looking, Jungkook quickly removed it from my view and gesture me to sit down beside him.

Obeying his orders, I sat on my seat but had to move closer to him to see what he was doing. His head tilted up to look at me and brought forward the bracelet he was fiddling with.

"This is called a 'Sparker'." He started and I nodded while scrutinising it. There wasn't much to observe as it simply looks like a basic bracelet. On Jungkook's right wrist, I notice he was wearing a similar and matching one but instead of it being shaped like a watch, it was a sparkly black bracelet with a sparkly blue small circle in the middle.

"You'll be wearing the 'Sparker' once we start our mission," Jungkook said, bringing my attention back to look at him. Grabbing my wrist softly and into his huge hands, he inserts the wrist through my hand and it fits perfectly on my right wrist.

Raising my hand, I examine it and smiled at how pretty it looked on my pale skin. "What does it do?" I asked curiously and he smiles as he raises his wrist too.

"You see the button on the bracelet right? Press on the button if you're in danger or anytime you like. This will send a signal to my bracelet which will start beeping constantly but softly. Since my phone is connected to it, it'll also receive a signal showing me your whereabouts," He replied and I raised my eyebrows, clueless of how to act.

"Really? Can I try it out?" I asked and he nodded, beaming at me. Pressing the button, the small circle on Jungkook's bracelet went bright with a beep simultaneously. His phone also went with a 'ding' and he slide his hand into his pocket to grab his phone. Pulling it out towards me, he turned his phone on and it shows a map, with Jungkook being the blue dot while I was the purple dot.

Clapping enthusiastically, I grinned happily at him. "That's so cool! Is so cute how you're so protective!" I murmured and he laughed.

"Only for you. Literally, with the murderers as a dangerous threat with you, is best to be careful than being sorry," He replied, placing the phone onto the table, smiling at me intently.

"I love how you're always thinking twice about me... makes me feel special," I said, blushing profusely as I didn't know what I did in this world or in my previous life to deserve this much love from just one person.

"No, you," He shot back, smiling cheekily and I reach over to pinch his cheeks. He passed his arms around me to bring me over to his lap, locking his lips with mine in a passionate way. His hands were placed on the back of my head and my back to avoid me from falling backward.

Pulling away, he gazes into my eyes in a loving way. "Make sure you be careful today alright? I won't be with you to make sure but I'll definitely be somewhere around," He said softly in an anxious tone and I nodded.

"Don't worry Kookie, trust me, I'll be safe!" 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

7:02pm

Before heading out, we collected all the members that were part of the COWS or Colony of Weirdos. This was because Jungkook wanted to confirm some things as some of us are fallible.

"Before going out, I want to make some things clear," Jungkook started, standing from his seat to look at all of us who were seated down. We were all dressed in black and light clothing to camouflage with the darkness and move easier. It was also comfortable as I could possibly sleep wearing it.

"Today night, we have two goals. Rescue Taehyung and capture one of the murderers. But in order to succeed, we need the CROWS to be distracted. Y/N, Jimin, and Yerim," He turns to look at the three of us, and I chew on my lip as my attention was only focused on him. "Your job will be to save Taehyung."

I was happy about this as being in the darkness is scary but with people you know, is going to be fun! The three of us nodded with no complaints and he moved on, turning to look at the others.

"Jin and Yoongi, your job is to be on the lookout for them," Jungkook explicit. "This means you must report to me if you see any suspicious sightings of them through your earpiece." He pointed to the ear and I was the only one who didn't have one because I had the bracelet. 

"Remember, do not lose the keys I gave you. Those keys will give you the chance of entering the roof of the highest building."

The two of them nodded at his orders and Jungkook smiled. "Make sure your sniper is loaded with enough bullets to last you Yoongi," Jungkook reminded and Yoongi smirked.

Scary... Yoongi using the sniper!? What a badass.

"Namjoon and Hoseok, you're with me," He said in a strict tone. "Our job is to hide in the shadows such as bushes or behind buildings but it has to be near the library. It is advisable to surround the school, ensuring Y/N and the others have sufficient time to save Taehyung," He elucidated and both of them nodded.

"Y/N, Yerim and Jimin, you get the drill, right? Once you save Taehyung, bring him to the park as the principal and some teachers will be there waiting," He reminded us and we nodded once again. "Eventually all of us will meet up at the park."

Park! And afterward, I will reward myself with sleep and a kiss to Taehyung's cheek! Jokes- only for Jungkook.

"Make sure your earpiece is working- and Y/N, you know what to do when you're in danger right?" He asked for my confirmation and I nodded, smiling gratefully. "If any of you are in danger, don't hesitate to ask for help. Be careful and vigilant. They'll attack when we least expect it," He declared in a loud and clear voice.

"We assume that they watch their targets very closely. Those people who have died operate alone, so they can't cover their own backs. That's what makes them most vulnerable. Each one of you has someone by your side. Use that as an advantage." Exhaling loudly, he finally smiles. 

"Are you all ready?"

Bet. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin

{P.S: If you don't understand why I had put 'bet' at the end, is similar to 'yes'.}