{124} Expeditious

1:24pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

You know what's the most frustrating thing I'm dealing with right now? Mind-blanking. Whenever I have work to do, my mind goes blanks as though it poof. Whenever I need to talk to someone new, my mind goes blank. First impressions are always terrible as I'm always quiet. Can anyone understand that? My mind is sometimes so foggy and seemingly nowhere.

Why am I talking about this? No idea. I'm currently not in the right mind. My phone had died from browsing and watching YouTube too much and is charging. Slowly.

Maybe I could sleep to kill the time? Jungkook is probably going to be back around five like always which sucks. Instead of hanging out with Yerim like I always do when Jungkook is not around, this time I'm in my bed. It was because Yerim was sleeping in from staying up all night yesterday. She didn't elaborate on her actions but I didn't mind.

I know I could've hung out with the other members but I couldn't be bothered. As I was about to doze off, I could hear the door getting pushed open and I sat up straight from the bed. Looking over at the noise, Jungkook surprisingly came into my view and I frowned.

"Blueberry~" He cooed, dropping his jacket onto the floor to run towards me and scoop me into his arms. "Were you waiting for me?" He questioned, pecking me on the lips as he removed me from his arms and sat on the bed next to me.

"I- well not exactly," I murmured and I could tell he forced a smile to hide his sad pout. "I normally do wait for you but you came back really early today. Why?" I asked curiously.

"We're finished," He replied with a big grin and my eyes widen in surprise.

"F-finished?" I pronounced the word in disbelief and he nodded. "You finish your investigation?" He nodded once again and I raised my hand up happily. I then applause enthusiastically as I was joyful for them and had crawled over to him to hug him.

"It was an expeditious investigation, we got the answers we needed," He told me triumphantly and I ruffled his soft fluffy hair.

"Really? You captured the last murderers?!" I yelped in surprise, my jaw gaping wide open. I couldn't believe they took care of their job so efficiently. It amazes me that they only needed 2 weeks to do it. "Who are they?"

Jungkook passes me an enigmatic look. "Is a speculation but we're confident is them. You'll find out soon Y/N. And when you do, I love you," He said, grinning mysteriously and I frowned.

"Uh, what is that meant to mean?" I murmured, scrutinising as I was trying to read him. I was curious what he was thinking about and why he was being so secretive with the ones he suspects. "I guess I love you too."

"Wow, why guess?" He said in disbelief, pouting sadly at me and I sighed.

"I love you more than you love me," I replied and he frowned.

"That's a lie," He said and I tilt my head. "I've like you longer than you like me. So is evident I love you more than you love me," He repeated my words casually and I sighed in frustration as I decided to give in. He grinned at me happily, brushing his lips with mine.

"I was about to sleep when you came," I told him.

"Are you tired?" He asked, his face turning anxious. "Did you not get any sleep last night?"

"Nah, I just sleep when I'm bored. But now that you're back is different," I murmured happily and Jungkook smiled amusedly. "Plus, the murderers are going to be captured soon right??"

"Yes," He confirmed with another cheerful smile. "We're going to try to do it today as is still really early in the year as is fantastic to start a new year with a fresh start without the murderers," Jungkook replied and I nodded. "But to succeed, is it okay if you and Yerim do me a favour?"

"A favour?" I asked curiously, wondering why he wanted me and Yerim to do it. "Why us?"

"Because you two deserve to know who the murderers are first," He said with another ambiguous smile which I do not trust sometimes. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin