{72} Protective

10:02am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

I woke up to the sound of rushing water from the bathroom. It wasn't pleasant because I thought Jungkook had left the tap running and that the dormitory was getting flooded. But no, he was just showering.

Sitting up and blinking wearily, I pushed a lock of hair behind my ear. Yawning loudly, I drifted my hand towards my neck and massage it as it was a bit sore from waking up. Moving my neck side to side so it can get better, I reach out to grab my phone from the bedside table and check the time.

Ten in the morning... how come these days I've been waking up so late and not like seven or eight in the morning? It isn't like me at all...

Scratching my hair, I shove the phone back onto the table and wrap my legs with my arms to warm myself. Shaking my head to remove the hair touching my face, I sighed as I remember what had happened yesterday.

I didn't like it. I couldn't accept what had been said to me. I'm sure the murderers don't hold any grudges against me, they just dislike me for helping the school. But like, I'm not the only one, so why me? Wait actually, I'm a little glad it was me because I probably can't take the pain if one of the members dies, like Taehyung.

Oh crap, I seriously need to work on that damn riddle. Or else we're not gonna succeed.

I looked up when I heard the door open and my eyes widen to see Jungkook's bare back. I didn't exactly know how to describe it, but it was sexy. With the defined muscles flexing on his back, his robust arms were raised and he was drying his wavy hair with a towel.

I decided to look away as I didn't want to be caught in 4k and accused of being a creep. I wasn't! He may be my boyfriend but I don't think it was okay to stare intently while he was half-naked. But I couldn't help myself and turned my head back to him, to look at his beautiful, healthy body.

As though he was suspecting that someone was staring at him, he suddenly stop and turned around. Our eyes met and for a second, I thought I was in trouble for gawking at him but he didn't seem to be fazed as he dropped his towel and ran towards me. Within a few short seconds, I was tackle with a hug. His strong arms were wrapped tightly around me as he gather me onto his lap.

"Baby, are you okay?" He asked anxiously and I gaze at his doe eyes that seem to be staring intently into mine. I didn't answer his hug as I was warming up. It was as though his body temperature was radiating with sunlight, heating me up. "I'm really sorry about yesterday for being late."

"Is okay, and I'm fine," I answered quietly and he gave me a peck on my lips which surprises me as I was still half-asleep. "Can you put a shirt on?" I murmured, trying to avoid looking at his chest that was rich with abs. He grinned amusedly and decided to ignore my statement by hugging me tightly, practically squishing my limbs out.

The audacity sometimes this kid has. "Aren't you cold?" I muttered and he shook his head, his hair tickling my neck.

"You're warming me up, plus the heater's on." He told me and I turned to my right to glower up at the air conditioner on the ceiling. Shaking my head slowly, I whirl to look back at him, who was busy ruffling his hair on my shoulder. I didn't know it was another way to show your affection... or maybe it is since he's touching me.

I decided that it was best to stay in this position as he's too stubborn to leave and put on a shirt.

"So, how did it went yesterday?" I asked, settling in another topic, and his mouth curved into a pout, as though it went bad.

"It went sh*t," He mumbled sadly, dropping his head down in disappointment and I cocked my head curiously. "The murderers were smart and had led poor Yerim and Jimin into one of the traps we made. Both Hoseok and Jin spend their whole time trying to get them out which was tricky as the hole was dug very deep so it could be slippery... I mean I wasn't there to witness it."

"Bruh... how did they know we made traps the first place?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow as I figure the traps we made through sweat was now a waste.

"Exactly... plus, leading a murderer to one of our traps was part of the plan we came up with. And it was as though they knew exactly what we were doing," He muttered in annoyance and I chew on my lip.

"Elaborate more?"

"Well, now that four of the other members were away, it was only me and Yoongi and we were facing three of the murderers... I knew there were more so we had kept a vigilant eye out for the others," He started and I nodded, urging him to go one. "I don't want to sound like I'm making an excuse but since the murderers were much more experienced in fighting, it was evident that we were weaker as it was an outnumber but generally speaking, we did fine."

"That's good!" I flatten my hand on each of his cheeks, happy with the news that they were possibly strong enough to ward them off. He removes my hands from his cheeks by grabbing each of my wrists and passing them around his neck. "They fought us off, but they didn't really hurt us that much... just a few scratches and there but is all good."

...

I gave him a look of disbelief, wondering why he didn't tell me earlier. Frowning at him, I closely examined his body for any ugly spots but he immediately stop me with his face by blocking my view. He was grinning innocently and cheekily, as though he's trying to grab my attention.

"Baby, don't worry, I'm fine. I'll be careful next time," He reassured me, pecking me on the cheek while smiling through his lips. "Plus, as though we were weak babies, the murderers went easy which annoys me."

"Jeepers... is okay. If they went hard on you, you guys would've got more injuries, you know? Think positively," I approved the murderer's decision and he scoffed in irritation.

"Additionally... I knew that one of the murderers was going to come and threaten you," Jungkook said in a frustrated tone, averting his eyes from me in guilt. "I tried to stop him but I was blocked... I'm sorry."

"Don't apologised, is not your fault," I replied blankly, as I didn't want to think about yesterday's situation.

"It is," He insisted, sniffling dolefully. "Namjoon told me that you didn't take it well... are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, of course, I'm okay," I said confidently, ashamed of myself for lying to him as he was gazing at me anxiously with his big doe eyes that I can stare into forever. He didn't seem to believe me, giving me a look of doubt. "Don't worry about me... just focus on healing your injuries."

"You too... don't worry about me and don't worry about what the murderer told you. I promise I'll protect you or let anyone touch you or kill you." He promises and I chuckled.

"Those cliché sentences that people always say in television shows or dramas... man, I wonder if I'm living in one." I pondered dreamily and Jungkook scrunches his nose into a huge grin.

"You probably are... but I'm a man of my words Y/N," Jungkook declared boldly, giving me a dimpled smile. His cheeks seems to be glowing bright red from saying it and I giggled.

"Alright, alright, I believe you," I said, my mouth twitching into a smile. "You better keep your word though... no pressure."

Smiling through my teeth, I place a hand on the nape of his neck and push him towards me to lock my lips with him, kissing him in a furtive way to only taste his tenderness. He answered by caressing my hair and I stroke his back with my other hand.

Sometimes, I wondered if I'm living in a dream or not because this is definitely a definition of one. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading 

~Xin