{80} Failure

11:00pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Y/N, can you touch it a little softer? It hurts if you keep poking it..." Jungkook whined like a baby and I rolled my eyes as I had cleaned the rest of his blood with a tower and a bucket of water for a few minutes.

Scrutinising the injury, I was relief it wasn't that deep that it would've caused a scar. It was similar to a scratch, but I'm not going to take it lightly as it was still a huge one.

The other injured people, which include, Jimin, Yerim, and Hoseok were seated down on the floor, right in front of the round table. Jin had ordered Yoongi and Namjoon to help clean the blood from their wounds. He had decided to leave me with Jungkook and we were both chilling on his bed.

"Haiyah, Y/N, stop ignoring me and giving your attitude, I told you I was fine," He complained as I was giving him the silent treatment ever since he came back. I didn't believe that he was fine as he was wincing from time to time.

I wasn't exactly mad at him, I was just worried that the wound might worsen since it was exposed to air for quite a long period. It was quite concerning and I was just focusing on healing and bandaging his wound first.

"Baby, please... talk to me," He whispered in a low voice and I gave him a look. He was giving me those puppy eyes and unexpectedly it made my heart weak. He was so adorable that it was so hard to not give him what he wanted. For some reason, I manage to control myself and decided to continue cleaning the blood from his wound.

I expected him to stop begging but unexpectedly, he continued to rant in an annoying tone as though a fly was buzzing around my head.

"Y/N, the way you're treating me right now is unbelievable and quite discriminatory," He started and I kept a blank look even though I'm willing to frown. "Right after the failure of our third mission, our hearts were damaged as we could not believe it. Additionally, some of us also get injured, including your boyfriend," He elucidated as though I was blind enough to not see he was hurt. "Can't you be kind enough to show me some sympathy and talk to me? I thought you love me..."

Pouting at me as he gave me a look of disbelief, he avert his eyes from me and I sighed.

"Fine, I'm sorry that I outrageously treated you," I murmured, rolling my eyes at the same time. It was lucky how he didn't notice as he grinned at me happily. "Now, can you kindly please shut up and let me finish bandaging this wound? Hm?" I asked and Jungkook's face turned sour. He decided to obey me and I gave a small smile away in triumph.

Placing the towel back into the bucket, I place the bucket down onto the floor, avoiding spilling any by accident onto the carpet. I then lifted another bucket which had include some toiletries, warm water, and also a first aid kit and onto the bed. Making sure it wasn't in a position where it accidentally spills the things, I turned back to Jungkook.

Softly grabbing his veiny arms, I gently clean the wound with soap and warm water. With each winces he show, I decided to do it slowly. With another bucket of water, I rinse the soap out to prevent irritation as Jin had explained. After, I applied antibiotic cream to reduce the risk of infection and wrapped it with a sterile bandage.

Each of the steps I did was shown with care as I wasn't used to watching Jungkook wincing with pain. I had followed Jin's clear introductions and honestly, he can work as a doctor once he graduated!

Once I was finished, Jin notices and walked over to me. He waited for me patiently as I places each of the pieces of equipment back into the bucket. I nodded at him when I was finished and he gave me a grateful smile. Stacking the buckets together, he surprisingly lifted it as though it was a piece of feather and left the two of us alone.

I glance over at the others who either seem to be wincing in pain or trying to keep their eyes open. Yerim was slowly dozing off but kept waking up with Jimin stabbing her arm with his finger. I giggled at the two as their relationship seems cute. Hoseok was just talking to Namjoon and seems to have forgotten about his injury. Yoongi was beside Hoseok, who had his eyes closed as though he was hibernating. It was a surprise how all of the noise surrounding him isn't distracting him... maybe he's learning to be a rock.

Sighing in relief that they were happy, I turned towards the bedside table to reach for my phone when a pair of arms were wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to his chest. He places his head on my back.

"Jungkook, what do you want?" I demanded, fidgeting from his hug as I was trying to escape from it and reach for my phone.

"I want your love," He answered, pecking my back with his lips and I ran a tongue over my lips as my pulse started racing. "Y/N, please stop treating me this way... I don't like it."

"In what way? You're just imagining things," I spat as I can't believe I was lying through my mouth at him. It was surprising how I was acting this way... but it was more surprising how he knew the reason.

"Seriously Y/N? You can lie all you want but I know that you're just worried about me," He said and I could feel him wrinkling his nose at my back indignantly. "I like it how you're worried but please believe me when I say I'm alright. My pain tolerance is quite high and it'll heal anytime soon so don't worry."

"You're just f*cking giving me lame excuses," I cursed and he was taken aback by the strong vulgar I had used. Shaking his head at me, he turns me around to face him with his arms. I avoid looking at him and stared at his lap instead, curling my lip.

"Y/N, look at me," Jungkook said and I frowned in disgust, wondering why I'm suddenly in a cliché scene where the boy ask the girl to look at them. I've seen it in so many Korean drama scenes and when I was younger, I had wished for it to happen to me as I had thought of it as 'romantic'. It is romantic... is just...

Raising my head to stare into his doe eyes that were staring at me attentively, as though I was the only thing he could see in the world, I sighed and look away, getting flustered just by his features.

"Y/N, I'm sorry that I got myself hurt... I'll be careful next time. Just don't be mad at me-"

"I'm not mad at you," I interrupted, vaguely lying as I gaze at the white bed, tracing a finger on its soft material. "Is just... I'm not used to seeing you wince in pain. It does something to my poor heart that I don't enjoy."

He lifted two hands to cup my cheeks, to slowly turn it back to look at him. Giving me an affectionate smile, he leaned in and connect our lips. It wasn't a kiss but just a peck as there were still people in the room who could be witnessing this.

"It makes me happy that you're feeling psychological pain when I'm hurt physically. I'm thankful... but don't be mad next time. Alright, baby?" He kisses my lips softly once again and moved away, leaving me smiling like an idiot. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

HALO EVERYONE! 

To all of you who have been supporting this book till today, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I appreciate all the support you're giving me and this book and I LOVE YOU ALL! I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY HOLIDAY!! 

P.S: Hope Yoongi have a fast recovery :( 

Thank you for reading <3

~Xin