{147} Toast

8:49pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Why is Peter Pan always flying?" Jin asked all of us, gesturing his hand and I heard Yoongi sigh.

All of us were in Jungkook's private cafeteria for a celebration of erasing the murderers and saving the school but instead of having fun, we're here listening to Jin's boring dad jokes. Jungkook had sat next to me and was holding my hand, caressing it with his thumb.

"Because he's a fairy?" Hoseok replied and Yerim rolled her eyes.

"He's not a fairy, Hoseok. He was born as an infant and he has half-bird genes," Yerim elucidated and I frowned.

All my childhood, I always knew Peter Pan as a fairy and nothing else... I've been mistaken. Jungkook stifled a laugh at my reaction and I sighed.

"Guys, you're meant to answer my question," Jin interrupted. "Not elaborate on Peter Pan's identity. And, is a dad joke, you're not meant to actually answer the question."

"We get it but we just don't get how funny dad jokes are," Namjoon replied and I wanted to nod but I didn't want Jin to glare at me.

"That because you're uncultured!" Jin spat at Namjoon and I chew my lip.

"Then what's the answer?" I asked and Jin smile mischievously.

"Because he Neverlands!" Jin said proudly and I frowned.

"Did you get that from Google or something?" I asked and his smile was wiped off from his face as though I was right. I was only guessing but I decided to play along. "Oh- you did!" I started pointing at him accusingly and he crosses his arms, passing me looks to tell me to stop.

"Jin getting caught in 4k," Jungkook smirk and he pretend to snap pictures of Jin with his fingers. "Jin, I thought you were creative with your dad jokes- don't tell me you've been stealing them from Google!"

"Of course not! This is the... first time," Jin mumbled in guilt and Yoongi laughed at him.

"Wow- so you really did admit your mistake," I murmured, shaking my head in disappointment and Jin glared at me in anger.

"Leave me alone you meanie," Jin pouted as though he was the victim and I rolled my eyes, deciding to ignore him. I turned to look at Jungkook instead who was tapping my shoulder. He brought a piece of the scrambled egg towards my mouth.

"I'm not hungry, thank you-" He shove the egg in my mouth when it was open and I glowered at him, wanting to slap his smirk off. Chewing on the scrambled egg, I stared at the others who were busy eating their breakfast.

"By the way, I got a call from Rebecca and Jackson's parents," Taehyung told us and Jungkook frowned.

"You? Out of all of us, they decided to call you?" Jungkook replied in disbelief. "How did they even get your number?"

"They were ex-murderers, they can do anything," Jimin replied, gulping down his ice coffee and I nodded in agreement. "What did they want from you?"

"Oh, they just threw profanity at me. They thought I was Jungkook so I quickly press the red button since they got the wrong number," Taehyung said and I smirk. Why does he sound so innocent? That's so cute.

"So... are they all in prison?" I asked curiously and Namjoon nodded.

"All of them are staying there for the rest of their lives for committing murder or homicide beside Kai. Kai is still at school as he didn't kill anyone," Namjoon elucidated and I nodded, glad to be reassured. I didn't want to get shot again, it was a painful and depressing experience.

"What are you guys planning to do for two months?" Hoseok asked us, putting a leg over his other one as he passed a look at each one of us.

"We should go overseas," Yerim suggested and I nodded in agreement. "But where?"

"Australia?" Namjoon suggested. "Is currently summer so it'll be extremely hot-"

"Then why would you suggest it!?" Jin demanded.

"Because he loves koalas," Jimin added. "Maybe to China?"

"But we need to use google translate," Taehyung complained. "Can it be an English country so we-"

"That's why I suggested Australia!" Namjoon said, slightly banging on the table and I stifled a laugh.

"Is too hot, we might just be going there for mosquito bites," Yoongi replied and Namjoon scoffed in annoyance.

"We can go to Hawaii?" I suggested and everyone looked at me with quizzical looks.

"None of us have ever been to Hawaii so we don't know how is like," Jungkook replied. "But sure, it can be a new experience."

"You're only agreeing because she's your girlfriend," Namjoon complained and Jungkook glared at him while I blushed.

"You got a problem with me siding with her? Okay, put your hand up if you want to go to Hawaii or Australia," Jungkook ordered and Namjoon shook his head.

"That's unfair though- everyone will vote for Hawaii since Australia is-"

"Then is settled, let's go to Hawaii!" Jungkook interrupted him and then loudly started clapping. All of us started clapping with him beside Namjoon who was staring at us in annoyance.

"Come on Namjoon, chillax," Hoseok elbowed him. "Hawaii sounds like a fun place!"

"Should we plan on what to do while we're in Hawaii?" I asked, leaning over the table to get a good look at everyone's expression.

"Nah, let's just plan when we get there," Taehyung suggested and I laughed. "Is much more efficient and we always need to depend on our mood!"

"Efficient- I wouldn't say is efficient," Jin mumbled.

"Okay, but anyways! When do you want to go?" Jimin asked and half of us shrugged.

"Maybe we can have one week of packing and five weeks of holiday?" Jungkook said and I frowned at him.

"That long?" I said in perplexment and he nodded.

"I mean, do you guys have any other plans? We can shorten to 3 weeks if you guys want-"

"Nah, five weeks is good," Yoongi said with a thumbs up. "Everyone's okay with it right?"

Instead of answering, we nodded wordlessly and the room was silent for a few seconds. Suddenly, all of us started laughing simultaneously as though we found something funny but the thing is, we were all just happy. Like one big happy family. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin