{96} Mourned

11:04pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"How's Jungkook doing?" Yoongi came into the room with silent footsteps like a ghost gliding through the room. Looking up from caressing Kookie's hand, I gave Yoongi a small smile as he sat next to me.

"He's doing fine... just sleeping," I murmured and he nodded.

After Lucas had died, Yoongi had arrived but was a bit late. Instead of crying, Yoongi had called the principal first and then the ambulance. It has been quite a loud mess but it was surprising that it hasn't attracted unnecessary attention from students that are most likely sleeping. They have escorted Lucas away but have confirmed his death.

I'm pretty sure they're off to bury him and are giving us the details later on. But what was surprising was that Yoongi didn't cry even though he had lost his best friend. He had stayed calm and managed to control his emotions. But from scrutinising him most of the time, I knew that he was just holding in and that he was acting like a professional.

"You know... is okay to cry sometimes," I told him and immediately regretted it as he passes me a hard look. Both of us remained in silence and I avoid looking at him, fiddling with my fingers while cringing.

"I honestly want to give up and quit," Yoongi murmured in a quiet voice, dropping his head into his hands and I raised my eyebrows. "Lucas's death... and everyone else's, is just difficult for me to handle all of these burdens."

Staring at him with a sad pout, I find it hard to believe he was starting to speak about his burdens and stress to me. He was the type of person who keeps everything in him and stays quiet about it like it wasn't a big deal.

"Yoongi, if we quit now, then all the dead would have died for nothing," I said, placing a hand on his shoulder as I move closer towards him. "I understand how hard this is for you, but you have to stand up and walk."

"I know... but everything is just suddenly so stressful," He murmured between sniffs. I continue patting him to reassure him as seeing Yoongi cry was a bit painful. It wasn't like him at all.

"Not gonna lie, quitting is a wrong decision to make," I replied. "As the living, is our responsibility to carry out the wishes of the ones who are gone. And is evident that their wish is to bring justice to the school and catch the murderers. So don't give up even if is hard because-"

"Hey guys," Jimin's voice interrupted and Yoongi quickly lifted his head and wipe his tears. The door to our right was pushed open and both Yerim and Jimin came piling in. "Is Jungkook okay?" The both of us came walking towards us while staring intently at the unconscious man behind me.

"His condition seems alright, he's just sleeping," I answered. "How's the rest doing?" I asked curiously and Yerim manage a small smile at me.

"The rest are sleeping and resting from their injuries. We had bandaged them heavily but not visible like a mummy," Yerim started, using her hands to explain. "Taehyung's condition is slightly getting better but he still needs some rest according to Jin." Yerim then turns to look at Yoongi with a tilted head. "You okay Yoongi?" She asked and Jimin also drifted his eyes to him.

"We sincerely offer our condolences, you must be having a hard time now," Jimin said, walking over to him and was about to give him a hug when Yoongi raised a hand at him.

"Is fine, I'm fine," He said and I rolled my eyes. Yes, he definitely didn't cry a few minutes ago... what's wrong with receiving comfort from the people who love you? I'm not judging Yoongi but he either have a bad childhood or was just built like this.

As though he was reading my mind, Yoongi merely glances at me to tell me to shut up. I mean, I'm not exactly sure but those glowering eyes can mean a lot.

"Is unbelievable... like where did Lucas come from? Did he tell you anything Y/N?" Yoongi asked and I shook my head.

"I'm assuming he had been watching us for a while," I replied as Lucas's words kept circulating around my head. To be honest, I'm clueless about what to do now but I decided to keep a positive mindset as we had succeeded in saving Taehyung.

"He was a hero at least," Yerim said, folding her arms.

"It was terrifying to see him die from the gunshot. I thought it only exist in dramas," I exaggerated in a small tone, hugging myself and caressing my forearms in which goosebumps were slowly forming.

"Dramas and movies are reflections and examples of real life," Jimin elucidated, twerking an eyebrow at me. "Seriously Y/N?"

"Before you start judging me, I was grown up in a family where we only believe people die due to old age," I started and raised a hand as Jimin open his mouth to protest. "I get that we were small-minded but my mum just wanted me to have a mindset where the world is a peaceful place and that instead of physically hurting people, we hug it out!"

"Oh my god, stop," Yerim said in a sassy voice. "You're literally giving me Hoseok vibes, ew," she said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"I was seven back then when she told me," I said. "I was too young to know the truth about the world anyways," I replied, fiddling with my hair as it felt like it was in knots. Ever since we got back, I had a quick shower as it was cold and my hair have been tangled.

"Ever since the big bang theory existed, the world has begun to deteriorate when it comes to peace," Yoongi enunciated. "So in conclusion? We-"

"How are things going here?" Jin's voice was heard and the door was pushed open once again. He enters our room with his hands in his pocket, casually walking towards us. Once he reaches us, he scrutinised Jungkook and gave a nod. "He seems to be doing well..." He murmured to himself and then look up at the four of us. "Hoseok and Namjoon have already woken up."

"That's good news," Jimin said, clapping his hands together in applause.

"Of course but they still need some rest. Taehyung is unfortunately still unconscious but he's slowly getting better," Jin reported and for once he was acting like a real doctor. "Is expected that he'll wake up tomorrow morning."

All of us nodded happily and I clasped my hands together to hope Jungkook would be the same as I'm already missing him.

"Additionally, it would be best if all of us tomorrow-"

All of the sudden, I was pushed off the bed and Yerim had luckily saved me with a hand. Yoongi also was but he manage to be on his feet. Turning around, my eyes widen as Jungkook had suddenly jerk up from his unconscious state.

"The CROWS! The girl! Where is she!? Did we get her?"

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin