{129} Justice

8:38pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Now that is the end of you, how do you feel?"

Both Jackson and Rebecca merely rolled their eyes, ignoring Jungkook's question.

"This is a shame," I heard Jungkook mumble. "Did you guys truly think that we wouldn't succeed despite the many efforts we made throughout the years?" He asked, staring at them intently and I was curious at what they were going to reply with.

"Oh no, I don't think you made any efforts throughout the last three years," Jackson answered. "You guys only got lucky because you have Y/N." He turns to smile at me cunningly but I remain emotionless.

I didn't want him to get the best of me anymore. Is ridiculous.

"I wondered what would happen in the future if Y/N wasn't there for you guys," Jackson said, tilting his head at me. "Would you guys fail miserably... or would you guys might've died?" He started cackling out loud which made me swallow a lump in my throat.

I was speechless, I didn't know Jackson was this scary. I mean the way he laugh... it could traumatize you forever.

"Even without me, I'm sure they'll succeed either way," I manage to say. "Because justice will prevail. It'll teach you to not mess with the law," I muttered. "Believing that you'll take over the school by finding the secret item? Don't kid with me."

"You're wrong Y/N," Rebecca told me, rolling her eyes. "You haven't seen how hopeless they were but it was pleasurable for us." She ignores my second statement, answering the first statement instead.

Exhaling loudly, I dropped my head down to facepalm. These two are crazy... murdering people and also watching them losing confidence is pleasurable? The greed they present is unbearable to even listen to them talk. All because of wanting to take over the school? That's absurd!

Psychopaths... no wonder therapists exist.

"I've just wasted about twenty minutes of my life talking to sh*tbags like you guys but I'm sure you two are missing your parents right? Don't worry, you'll see them too." Jungkook reassured the both of them.

"Our parents? They're not-"

"Don't worry," Jungkook said softly, putting on a sarcastic smile. "I know everything. Your parents were the one who was behind all of this and with all due respect, no wonder their kids didn't grow up properly."

"Why are you blaming our parents?" Rebecca questioned. "It was our choice to help them, is not their fault that..." Rebecca stopped as though she had found the answer to her question.

"Exactly," Jungkook replied, rolling his eyes sassily. "Not your parent's fault, what a joke," He scoffed, stifling a laugh. Jungkook turns to the officers and the authority. "Please escort them to where the rest are and..." He turns to look back at them and back to the officers. "Give them a good lecture." He finishes.

Jungkook gestured me to stand up with a hand and I followed his lead. Jungkook intertwines his hands with mine, dragging me away to give space to the officers as they had begun to walk over to the murderers.

"Wait," Jackson interrupted our leave and both of us simultaneously turn to look at him. "Since this is going to be the end of us... do you honestly think I forgot about the promise I made?"

I raised an eyebrow while Jackson was smirking in triumph as though he had something up in his sleeve.

"Promise?" Jungkook frowned, pronouncing the word and I tried to recall what the promise was about. I was only aware that one of the murderers had kept a promise but had forgotten about it due to the excitement of all the murderers being captured.

Staring at him intently, I notice him shuffling a little with the ropes as though he was trying to escape out of it. It was strange that he was struggling but hah, as though he can escape. Those ropes look way too tight. You almost need something sharper than a knife to get out of it.

All of a sudden he stood up from his spot and the rope that was once on his wrists fell onto the floor. Wrinkling my nose in confusion at what was happening, I notice that a knife was visibly shown on his hand.

He dropped the knife and as it cluttered on the floor, he swiftly delved into his pocket and pulled a gun out, pointing right towards me.

"Goodbye, Y/N." Before I could react, my eyes widen as he pulled the trigger. A flash and a horrendous noise tore through the room, barreling towards me. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin