{82} Suspicion

27/11/20
Friday
12:04am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"We're being watched," Jungkook concluded and my eyes widen at his assumption at it was quite surprising how he come up with such an indescribable statement. My reaction could react to the others as some of us had started shaking our heads.

I just couldn't see the possibility of us getting watched... and even if we were, how exactly? A floating invisible camera following us wherever we go? Or is it something like a chip or device inserted into us to be able to hear what we're saying? The abnormality both the ideas give... I can't recall me getting stabbed with something...

I know I'm mocking Jungkook but I'm just expressing my opinions and thoughts because there's just no way.

"Jungkook, you're probably just tired from today's mission... that's why you're coming up with stuff," Namjoon guessed, forcing a smile but Jungkook shook his head. I wanted to remove my hand from him before he infect me with his disease of being mentally ill but he had kept a tight grip on it.

"Jungkook, let's just call it a day- I mean is already the next day, is quite late so maybe let's just-"

"Do you guys think I'm joking?" Jungkook interrupted Jimin's pleads and I chew on my lip nervously.

"No, this isn't something to joke about after all," Yoongi answered, pressing his lips together. "Explain to us why you think we're being watched."

Jungkook nodded thankfully over at Yoongi before starting. "Remember how, within a day, news got out that there was a new detective group?" He elucidated and I nodded thoughtfully, watching him attentively. "We didn't tell anyone but the murderers somehow found out."

"But with that, how can you prove that the murderers are watching us? It can be a coincidence if they find out," Jin argued but I thought that Jin's argument was a bit weak.

"Well, you're not exactly right Jin," Hoseok said, crinkling his eyes. "There's no way it can be a coincidence if they found out. Like is not possible that one of the murderers were outside, listening through the door because the principal was there."

"Exactly! Back then, I didn't have enough evidence to prove if we were getting watch," Jungkook replied with a disappointed sigh.

"Wait, so you've been having this thought ever since Dani was caught?!" I demanded, my jaw gape open and he turned to nod at me before looking straight ahead.

"But now, I've got enough evidence to assume we're getting watch. We've attempted three times and had failed miserably. Additionally, throughout the mission, it was as though they were aware of what we were going to do despite the many tricks we came up with. Don't you think is strange?"

"Jungkook, I agreed with your theory, it is strange," Jimin blink blankly, fiddling with his fingers. "Is possible that one of the murderers may be listening outside and that we haven't noticed or were too engaged with our discussion."

"It could also be a drone flying with a camera while recording us," Yerim added, glancing over at the balcony while narrowing her eyes in suspicion. Yerim's idea could be a possibility but I would've realise something by now. "But like... doing that would be so much work and just such a burden..."

"I'm sure the murderers would spare some time for it even if is burdensome," Namjoon said and I nodded thoughtfully. Like, since the school is in a lockdown due to the death cases, I don't see why they wouldn't waste some time trying to record us to help them."

"This is why I reach to a conclusion that we're being watched... think more about it, is like they know our plans like they know what we're doing. That's why we failed and got deceived," Jungkook explained, sliding his other hand and trying to warm my hand with both of his big ones.

Not gonna lie, after the short discussion we had, Jungkook's theory makes sense. Sure, it may still sound quite weird and all but it was the only reason we could conclude of.

"Let's just investigate it in the morning as everyone had worked hard today," Jin finishes, drumming his fingers on the table while turning his head from left to right, giving each of us a look. "We're all tired after all right?"

"I mean, I'm quite used to staying up this late," Jimin yawned and I giggled as he talked too soon. "Me and Taehyung had always stayed up till six in the morning playing games when we were younger... memories..."

"I'm sure you're tired Jimin," Jungkook said, ignoring his statement, smiling tiredly. "For now, we'll sleep and restore our energy. Goodnight."

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

10:56am

As a wild yawn left my chest, I stretch my body, spreading my arms and legs. Rubbing my eyes as I blink open them, I pull the covers over my head to sit up. Looking around with my vision blurred, I notice that Jungkook wasn't beside me. My eyes drifted over to the balcony, where the curtains were pulled over and the sun was beaming through the binds, slowly waking me up.

Scratching my back, I groaned softly as I massage my pounding head. Waking up was always an easy task for me as I was a morning person after all... was it because I had slept so late last night that my sleeping schedule might be a mess?

"Good morning baby," Jungkook greeted me and my head had turned towards the direction of his voice. He was at the corner of the room, between the walls of the bathroom and my bed. His hands were flat on the wall, as though he was trying to find something.

"Oh good morning, my Jungkookie. Why are you awake so early?" I asked as I glanced over at the clock that was sitting on the nightstand. 10:56am. Holy sh*t.

"I only woke up an hour ago because of a thought that had run through my head," Jungkook said without looking at me as he was focused on the wall. As his hands move, he begins to move downwards as though he was painting the wall with his hands. "Baby, you should've slept more, what woke you up?"

"Couldn't feel your arms around me..." I murmured truthfully and his mouth curved into a smile. He still didn't look at me which makes me wonder what he was doing that made him need to be focus. "What are you doing?"

"Just trying to find something..." He mumbled between his heavy breathing as his body disappeared from my view, his face only to be seen as he observe the nightstand that was beside my bed.

Grabbing my pillow from behind me, I cradle it on my chest as I watch him curiously as he scrutinise each of the things that was on the nightstand. There was a small crystal lamp with my phone in front of it. There was also a tray that was filled with two books that consist of pink and blue. A black with a few golden features pen was also sitting on it which seems to have caught my attention because it looks pretty. There was also a blue light shining brightly near the very top like a star.

Lifting a hand, Jungkook grabbed the pen and inspect it, fiddling with it. "Is this yours Y/N?" He asked, tilting my head over at me and I shook my head.

"Nope, but it has pretty designs," I replied, gazing at it in awe. Jungkook just nodded wordlessly, continuing to examine it. Jungkook's forehead suddenly creases into a frown and his thumb drifted over to the top. Pushing his thumb down, the blue light suddenly disappeared and I raised an eyebrow.

Did Jungkook just turn it off?

Pursuing his lips, he suddenly scoffed, half-smiling as though he was finding it amused. From his reaction, I knew something was up with the pen as he stood up. He began walking towards me at a normal pace while playing with the pen.

Once he reaches me, I squinted at the pen and then decided to look at him instead. "Uh, did you find the thing you wanted?" I questioned and he nodded. Bringing the pen over to me, he gave me an enigmatic smile.

"A camera has been recording us the whole time." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin