{59} Apologise

12:57pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

In this world, I'm sure everyone had experienced something similar and ordinary. It could be getting chased by something, a dog or a duck, or it could be experiencing a penis drawn on the table or gum stuck underneath. There can be many different things that are counted as normal but awkward, such as the one I'm dealing with now.

Jungkook, who was sitting across from me on the bed, was gazing at me intently while biting his lip. When we had returned to our dormitory, it started awkward, with silence filling the gap between us.

"Before moving on to anything..." Jungkook started, pushing his lips firmly together "I'm wholeheartedly sorry."

Yeah, like that's enough...

"I'm genuinely, sincerely, legitimately, positively, absolutely, honestly, and definitely apologise for hurting your affectionate heart and your feelings." He apologised, his hands clasped together, in front of his face, closing his eyes. I hide my amazement at how he suddenly uses multiple similar meaning vocabulary with a blank face. "I was wrong to treat you awfully after breaking your phone without explaining my reasons. Sometimes, I can be a fallible person and because of that, I always manage to hurt the ones close to me."

Putting a leg over my other one, I sighed laboriously as though I was already bored. I fiddle with my fingers on my lap and he opened his eyes to peek at my reaction. "Are you still mad at me?" He questions, pouting at me in a sulky way but all I'm seeing is a baby begging for something.

Is it hard for him to not act all cute like that? Or was he just born this way? Literally, I would do anything for that adorable face with a sharp jawline that makes me weak.

"Y/N, pwease forgive me," Jungkook said in a childlike tone, flattening his hands to one another, begging for forgiveness. "I promise, I won't do something like that again without thinking twice." He continued with the childish tone and I started shaking my head slowly.

Placing his hands down, he delved into his pocket and pulled out a rectangular white box. He passes it to me and I reluctantly took it into my hands, examining it.

"Last night, I went onto the internet to buy a new phone for you and it got shipped to me since seven in the morning..." He mumbled, looking at me nervously as I open the lid and pick the new phone up to scrutinise it better. It was an 'Apple iPhone 12 Pro', with those snazzy three-round things that appear to be the camera. It was similar to my old phone but it was much more superior. The back of the phone was the colour blue, one of my favourite colours in the world as it represents both the ocean and the sky.

I looked up at him suspiciously, wondering if he knew about it but I don't see any possibility. Either I told him or either his instincts told him. Anyways, the phone was pretty despite not even having a case... I'll accept it.

I place the phone back into the box and closes it with the lid, putting it on my side. Clasping my hands together, I placed it right in front of my knee, and finally looked at him, who was curiously looking at me with his huge doe eyes.

"I forgive you," I replied, keeping a straight face as I tried to not melt at his stare. He leaped up from his bed, a huge grin on his face as he raises his arms high into the air, celebrating. "But that's only because you gave me a pretty phone and I like pretty things."

"That's because you're pretty too." He interjected abruptly and I grabbed the box and threaten to throw it at him, blushing profusely. He started giggling like a little child, sitting back on the bed with his hands raised to protect himself. Placing the box back next to me, I folded my arms, pushing my hair back to my ear.

"I also forgive you because I don't like it when people beg me for something. It makes me feel bad." I added and he nodded, rocking back and forth slowly. "Moving on... why did you break my phone? Do you think it was funny?" I asked and his mouth was gape open as he click his fingers.

"Well, the truth was. I wanted to keep you and your mum safe since she's precious to you." Jungkook replied truthfully and I raised an eyebrow, remembering what Taehyung had said, how he wanted to protect me because of 'love'. I'm a bit terrified right now because I'm scared that he might be right. "The reason I broke your phone is because if you tell your mum about what's going on with the school, the murderers might go after her."

I-

"Wait wait wait, what?" I asked, my whole attention on him as I was frowning at him in shock. "How would they know I told my mum?" I questioned and Jungkook shrug.

"That's something I'm not sure either. I don't think they do but something similar happen to Yerim too and I don't want it to happen to you." He explained and I nodded, thanking him for thinking twice about me. "That day when Yerim got beaten up, she had said something she wasn't meant to and she got abducted and then beaten up. But, she didn't say those words in her dormitory, it was in a crowded place."

"Yeah, but the person who had abused her wasn't a murderer right?" I asked and Jungkook shook his head. "Even if I did tell my mum about it, how is it possible for the students to go and attack her since they're not permitted to go outside?"

"They have reinforcements... Y/N, have you ever wondered why students always get murdered once I kick them out of the school?" He asked me but didn't give me the chance to answer. "The CROWS, I'm assuming their leader isn't a student in this school but a parent telling them what to do to take over the school." He explained. "Once a student had left that school, they have the free will to report to the authorities or the polices and I gather that the murderers want to avoid that."

Right... man, I never knew he was that smart. He must've thought it carefully, by using logic and common sense. I'm starting to like him even more...

"Well, I know I've asked this many times but I don't think you've ever been cleared about it," I murmured, scratching my head and he arched an eyebrow, staring at me attentively. "Why didn't you ever kick me out ever since Dani told you to?" I questioned, cocking my head to aside. "Like, I was just some other new kid, I wasn't someone special to you yet was I?"

"I'm not sure... I was on the verge of kicking you out but there was something in me that was telling me not to or I might regret it in the future. I didn't know what exactly happen but, the next few days, everything just suddenly click on me and I was suddenly grateful for not kicking you out."

"Huh? Am I meant to be able to comprehend that?" I asked and he shakes his head, smiling nervously. "I mean, sure, I'll accept your reason for keeping me here but what do you mean when everything just suddenly clicks in you? Is it like-"

"Oh, well, relating to that... there's something I want to ask you..." He murmured in a soft and shy tone, lowering his head but was still looking at me. He was pushing his lips firmly together, as though what he was about to say was going to piss me off.

"Go on," I said, raising an eyebrow as I was curious about what he was about to say or ask. Giving me a cute pout, he glances away for a few seconds and then back to me. He opens his mouth and said those words that were never said to me in my life.

"Will you go out with me? I'll do my best for you." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading :>

~Xin