{98} Starving

29/11/20
Sunday
7:46am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

I was surprised that I was able to wake up early in the morning despite sleeping so late last night. I admit I didn't get enough sleep as I was contemplating life decisions a bit too much. And also mourning Lucas's death. I already miss him...

Damn, if I'm already feeling this way then how am I meant to deal with the future? Anything can happen after all...

Anyways, I've decided to visit Hoseok's dormitory to see whether Taehyung was doing okay. I gather he was starving so I had brought a Tupperware filled with warm tteokbokki, the same food last time we have shared. I had got it from the public cafeteria as I didn't have the necessary ingredients to cook it.

Additionally, it was early in the morning so I was pretty lazy.

"Morning!" I chirped out loud, managing a joyful tone as I wanted to give out positive vibes especially in the morning. The door was surprisingly unlocked and I had taken the chance to casually walk inside.

The first thing I had noticed was Hoseok massaging Taehyung which I find adorable. "Morning Y/N! What made you wake up super early?" Hoseok questioned, turning to look over his shoulder at me with a small smile. He began to stand up and Taehyung groan, stretching his arms and legs by spreading.

"Nothing really just didn't really feel like sleeping," I lied, forcing a smile as I pass a small wave towards Taehyung who was beaming at me. "Anyways, here," I push the Tupperware towards Hoseok and he grabs it with both of his hands but arches an eyebrow at me.

"What is this? Food?"

"Yep! There's quite a lot in there but is for you and Taehyung to share. But make sure to give Taehyung slightly a bit more as he hasn't eaten for nearly a week, alright?" I winked at Hoseok and he nodded, smiling at me gratefully. Turning around, he places the food on the floor and reaches to link an arm around Taehyung's, carefully dragging him to the floor.

Taehyung had smile thankfully at Hoseok and with a hand, he gesture for me to sit down but I shake my head. "I'm not hungry," I said, smiling. "I already ate,"

I notices they were bandaged quite heavily, but it wasn't visible, just looks bulky and uncomfortable. "You guys okay?" I questioned.

"Yeah, we're fine. Thank you for asking," Hoseok replied happily. "Thank you for the food too!"

I wave a hand to tell them that it was fine and they were quick to dig in, hungrily devouring it.

"Have Jungkook woken up?" Taehyung asked curiously, his mouth filled with rice cakes.

I shook my head, pouting sadly. "Not yet... he's still sleeping quite soundly but is okay, it just means I get to hang out with you guys."

"That's true!" Taehyung bubbled happily and I smiled. I was glad, everything was mostly back to normal. There was just this part of me that felt different and a bit broken. I'm assuming it was just Lucas's death, might as well let time heal the wound.

"You okay Y/N?" Hoseok questioned, staring at me with a quizzical look and I nodded, forcing a smile. "If you're having a hard time adjusting to Lucas's death, you can talk to us about it."

"Is fine!" I wave another hand to quickly hide my emotions. "Personally, I'm quite used to dealing with loss but they're mostly family-related. Lucas... is just something really surprising that I didn't expect."

The real reason was, Jungkook needed me and I just don't feel like crying. Happiness takes place if the ones I love are happy and I knew I had to stay strong.

"Death is always surprising," Taehyung murmured, his mouth filled with rice cakes as Hoseok stood up, walking over to the small kitchen to grab a water bottle for Taehyung.

"Well, I just want to congratulate you on being able to save Taehyung and nearly sacrificing your life for it," Hoseok said, smiling gratefully at me as he sat back down on the floor. I shake my head to tell him that it was fine, it was my job after all.

A few minutes of silence have gone by, with me watching them eat and gulping down the spicy rice cakes. I was quite tired myself so I had been staring off into space but I've noticed Taehyung been passing me ambiguous glances as though there was something wrong with me but I decided that I was thinking too much.

"You know, since Yoongi have left, what will happen to the gang now?" I started, as I had been thinking about it for quite some time. "Do we all have to quit too?"

"Y/N, Yoongi's just mourning from a loss," Hoseok told me. "Don't worry about it, I'm sure he'll get over soon... Lucas was someone really precious to him after all so is evident he's like this."

"Okay... Taehyung do you remember anything? Like how you were caught?" I changed the topic, turning to look at him.

"Oh, I remember having to meet someone so I left early in the morning," He said. "While I was walking to the destination that I need to meet him, everything suddenly went black," He reported and I frowned. "I think I got hit on the back of my head..." He places a hang on the back of his head and laughs innocently.

"Do you know who's the one who asked you to meet them?" Hoseok questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, it was my best friend, Leon. But he's not part of them because when I was captured, the murderers told me that they had hacked into his account." Taehyung told us and I arched an eyebrow.

"I thought Nari was the only hacker they have? Unless they've already done it way beforehand and had it all planned out..." I murmured, brushing a hand on my chin. "Well, if that's the thing, then can you tell us what the murderers told you?" Taehyung passes me an enigmatic look and forces a smile.

"They didn't really tell me much but that... they also told me that they won't kill me but they're just using me to anger Jungkook and everyone else."

"What the hell? So basically, not only did they trick us but they also led us to a panic state!?" I shouted in disbelief, facepalming. I refuse to believe this as the murderers aren't that lenient with civilians like us. "What bullsh*t is this?" I muttered, scratching my hair in annoyance.

"They also wanted to play a game with you guys," Taehyung added and Hoseok blinked in irritation.

"That's it?" Hoseok said and Taehyung nodded but stared at me enigmatically.

"Additionally, they also wanted to test your abilities but the thing is, your mission was to save me right?" Taehyung asked and both of us nodded, listening to him intently. "They also had a mission themselves too..." He turns to look at me with the same strange look which I find a bit... is simply indescribable. "Which was to kill you Y/N." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin