{133} Mess

03/01/21
Saturday
9:14am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

~YERIM'S POV~

With the murderers all cleared out and remove, the university slowly turned normal, with students having usual routines. Class has started for other students and it soon turned to a place where students happily study and hang out together within just a few minutes. It was as though they put the past behind them and acted nothing had happened at all.

Before, every cafeteria building was just dead silent and deserted but now, all the seats were nearly filled and the janitor was back, happily smiling at each of the students while he walk past and cleaned their mess.

The teachers, who were insane before have finally turned sane as they got their jobs back. The situation was like any happy endings in a fairy-tale book. But for us, a happy ending was an exaggeration.

Everything was just a mess. A huge bloody mess.

Y/N, who was like a sister to me and a family to the eight of us was either gonna die or not. The chances of her living were vague and for some reason, I have no confidence that she was gonna live. This was because the ambulance took a bit too long to come and she was already losing lots of blood.

F*cking imbeciles, can't they tell when it was an emergency?

Jungkook... ugh, I don't even know how to describe anymore. He was in a bad state, even worse than the last time when his mum was murdered. He refused to eat anything and only stay in his bed, under the covers.

"What's taking you so long?" I complained to Jimin who was in the bathroom doing his business. "Hurry up, Jungkook needs us."

"Okay, I'm sorry!" I heard Jimin yell back as though he was struggling with something.

"Actually, I don't think he needs us," Yoongi told me and I glowered back at him. He was sitting comfortably on the bed, staring back at me. "All he needs is Y/N. If is not Y/N, he probably wants us to go away."

Tch.

"Not everyone is like you Yoongi," I scoffed and he shrugged. This little b*tch is acting like Y/N getting shot isn't a big deal. Ugh.

Jimin finally came out of the bathroom, adjusting his pants by pulling them up and I sighed. Without a word, I left, and walk towards the door beside the television, and pushed it open.

As expected, there was a big lump under the blanket on the bed that was near the balcony and I walked towards it. Grabbing a chair from the table on the way, I drag it and place it right in front of him. I slumped onto it and leaned over him.

"Jungkook, are you okay?" I whispered but it was too soft because he didn't say anything. I watch Yoongi and Jimin following my movements and we surround Jungkook as though we were trees.

"He can't hear you," Jimin whisper, slapping my arm and I rolled my eyes.

"Jungkook-ssi!" I yelled and surprisingly, Jungkook immediately sat up, staring at the three of us with a tilted head. His eyes were red and puffy and there were evident dark circles as though he wasn't able to sleep last night. His hair was all over the place and I chew my lip. "Are you alright?"

"Do I look alright to you?" He asked me, his voice hoarse and he laid down tiredly, exhaling loudly. He was hugging a pillow and I assumed it was Y/N's. Was he using it for comfort since the pillow might've smelled like her?

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked us in a soft voice.

"We came here for you," Jimin answered. "We didn't want you to be alone, and we're here to reassure you."

"Yes, you can rant!" I continued, giving him a big smile but I could tell he forced a smile back. It didn't last long as he grimaces, as though he was in pain. Tears slowly formed in his eyes and slid down from his cheeks.

"I just don't know what to do with life anymore," He told us, wiping his eyes. "I no longer have motivation for some reason..."

"Jungkook," Yoongi called his name and Jungkook looked at him. "As your hyung, I'm going to give you some advice but first, her death isn't confirmed yet. The principal hasn't received any call."

"That's true," I agreed with Yoongi.

"I'm the one who's gonna be receiving the calls," Jungkook told us, sitting up from the bed and hugging the pillow. "What's your advice, hyung?"

"Even if she died, or even if she didn't," Yoongi started. "Move on."

Jimin frowned at Yoongi's advice and I just shake my head in disappointment. What kind of advice is that!? You don't just pass that advice to someone who might lose the person they love the most.

Jungkook started laughing but I knew he didn't find it funny. His laugh sounded like he was keeping from himself crying and it also sounded sarcastic and a bit crazy. "Moving on?" He questioned, staring at Yoongi in disbelief. "Sounds easy, but I just died a thousand times in pain just to appreciate this advice."

Yoongi didn't say anything else but continued staring at him.

"Do you even know how painful my heart is right now? I promise Y/N's mum that I would take care of her but I failed. I promise Y/N that I'll protect her forever and ensure she wouldn't get hurt. But now?" Tears evaporated from his eyes as he punches the bed repeatedly and slowly. "What's the point of making promises if you break them??"

"Promise is a big word," Yoongi murmured. "It either makes something or breaks everything. When you say promise, you need to be ready to say sorry."

"Hey, Yoongi," I glowered at him. "What are you doing? Why are you making it sound like-"

"He's right," Jungkook interrupted me and I looked at him in confusion. "But the thing is, a promise means everything. But after is broken, sorry means nothing."

I gaze at Jungkook sadly. I knew he was right. You only make promises that you intend to keep. I'm 100% sure Jungkook was intended to keep them but it just got broken because of fate...

"I miss her so much and I just want to see her one more time but the principal told me to not visit her in the hospital," Jungkook said.

"Why not?" Jimin frowned. "He's keeping you away from your other half?"

"Nah, the principal is probably aware that Jungkook will break down even more," Yoongi mumbled. "That's why he's keeping you away."

"I'm thankful..." Jungkook said, forcing another painful smile but it just resulted in another sobbing mess.

Sighing, I pass a look at Jimin who just shakes his head. Yoongi have a sad and emotionless look and we decided to stay silent for him to finish crying.

From this moment, everything is hopeless even though the school is saved.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin