{67} Promise

3:23pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"There's something I want to ask you." He declared in a soft tone, fiddling with his long fingers and I nodded to gesture him to go ahead. "Can you promise me something?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"Asking me and telling me to promise you to something is completely different in several ways- it depends what promise you want me to," I elucidated as I was a bit anxious about what he was going to say with the sudden mood change.

"Okay... the thing is, I want you to promise me that you won't die and that you'll be careful and vigilant if I'm not there with you."

Huh?

"The thing is, the same thing happen to my mum," He started, smiling sadly as his head drop. "I told my mum to be careful and warned her to be more attentive to her surroundings. I'm sure she listened to my advice but the thing that had led her to die is that she wasn't scared of the murderers." He mumbled scrunching his nose bitterly. "This has most likely guided her to death as she was too confident that she would defeat the killers... but no, you should never underestimate them as they've been experienced for four years now."

I reach to stroke his hair to comfort him as I knew talking about a loss could be painful. He was staring at his lap vacantly but had turned to look at me, giving me a painful smile. "So, please. Is okay if you're not scared of the murderers- is good but please, never underestimate them and be cautious." He begged and I nodded to agree before he could break down in tears like last night. "I don't know what I'll do if I lose you."

He removes my hand from his hair to place it into his palm to warm my hand. I bit my lip as I understood what he was talking about. "The thing is... I don't know whether I'll get murdered in the future or not," I replied and his lips begin to downturned. "But, I promise that I won't die. I promise that I won't let you go through the same thing that you did with your mum, don't worry," I reassure him with a smile, using my hand to caress his cheek and he beamed.

"Anyways, how was hunting last night?" I change the topic quickly as I didn't want to see him sad anymore. "Did you guys receive anymore clues?"

"I wouldn't say is a success since we haven't found Taehyung. We didn't find any extra clues and no, it did not turn well as we faced with three other murderers,"

I sat up and blink in surprise, removing my hand from his palm. He leaned onto the bed board and closes his eyes, sighing heavily as though he was in pain. The veins on his neck were popping and I bit my lip.

"Did anyone get hurt?" I asked anxiously and he luckily shook his head. Sighing in relief, I flatten a hand on my tummy, trying to calm myself. He laughs at the sight I was and dragged me towards his chest, wrapping his arms around me. I lay on top of him, a hand flatten on his chest. He stroked my back slowly and I chew on my lip to stop from grinning stupidly.

"Nah," He said, smiling gratefully but his eyes looks a bit dead. "Is amazing though, as the killers were armed with either guns or knives but they didn't exactly use them."

Bruh? Guns? Knives? Hello? Does any of the teachers do not realise that some students are violating the laws? Do they not do some scanning through the rooms or something??

"Aigo, the murderer purposely didn't hurt us but took us easily like they're mocking us that we're weak," Jungkook let out in a frustrated tone, slapping his forehead.

"Well, just think positively, at least you didn't get hurt, right?" I tilt my head and he nodded reluctantly but was still pouting sadly. "Anyways, do you think Sehun is hot?" He questioned me, quickly changing the topic into something I didn't expect. Pursuing my lips, I blink at him.

"What?" I said, trying to act confuse and he arches his eyebrows, frowning at me.

"You know me well enough that I don't like repeating questions that I dislike talking of, but since I like you so much and want an answer, I'll repeat it again," He elucidated and I bit my lip nervously. "Do you think Sehun is hot?"

"No!" I denied, a bit too loudly as though I was trying to hide the truth. He gave me a stern look, as though he only wanted the truth and I sighed. "What I mean is... you're the only one who's hot to me."

"Oh? Then why were you blushing so much when I introduced him?" He asked as he creases his forehead.

"That- that was because I was nervous," I pouted, poking his chest.

"If you're lying, I won't give you any hugs for two weeks," He threatened me and I shot him an unpleasant look. This was unfair... I mean it wasn't unfair since I was lying. I did find him hot but that was only for a few minutes!

"You're the one who can't survive without hugging me," I murmured under my breath cockily, averting my eyes from him to look at his hard thighs.

"True," He admitted and I looked up at him. He gave me a dazzling smile that has this stunning effect on me and I smiled back. The thing is, I could survive without his hugs... and that's probably an exaggeration.

"Anyways... remember how you told me you would consider Rebecca as not a murderer if I was your girlfriend?" I reminded him since my mind had drifted towards Rebecca and the other girls and he frowned at me.

"Since when?" He let out a dry laugh and rolled his eyes, as though hearing her name makes him want to contemplate life decisions.

"What do you mean since when? You told me when we were in the dormitory after I came back having breakfast with Jue Chen and Rebecca," I enunciated clearly and he frowned.

"And? So you basically agreed to date me for Rebecca's sake?" He spat in anger and my eyes widen at his assumption. I mean, I get why he's infuriated but he needs to learn how to control his anger issues or he's not going to make friendships last long.

"No," I denied truthfully. "I dated you base on my feelings, not because of anyone." Removing his arms that were wrapped around me, I crawl out of him to sit across from him as I didn't feel like cuddling anymore.

He lifted an eyebrow, staring at me as though he was deciding whether to believe me or not but even if he doesn't, that's his fault. Suddenly, we were interrupted by a knock and before our heads were turned towards the direction, Hoseok came barging in with its footsteps stomping on the floor.

Jungkook left the bed and quickly walk to meet him and Hoseok shove a picture onto his face. Grabbing the paper off his hand, Jungkook inspected it properly and exhaled loudly.

Sitting up, I decided to peek over Jungkook's shoulder at the picture and clamped my mouth shut with my hand to stop myself from gasping loudly.

If I was to speak calmly about the picture, that would be hilarious because there's nothing to be calm about after seeing that picture.

Flattening my hands together, I closed my eyes and pray, hoping that Taehyung is okay, hoping that the murderers didn't finessed us and killed Taehyung, and hoping that they're being lenient with us. Because that picture that I just saw was a picture of Taehyung, with a gun on his head.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading 

~Xin

(P.S: If you want to know which chapter that Jungkook had told Y/N he would considerate Rebecca as not a murderer, go to chapter 40! ^^)