{102} Evident

9:29am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Are you going to side with Jackson or me?" He questions me with a stern stare that was fixed and I blinked at him, unsure of how to react but had an answer.

"You," I said, and he finally smile at me, spreading his arms out wide, waiting for me to go to him and return the hug but I just snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Come on... I'm sorry that I got worked up but Jackson is just someone I've disliked for a while..." Jungkook replied with a pout, hoping that I would accept his reasoning but I looked away and fold my arms in annoyance at the quick change of his attitude. "Are you just going to leave me hanging?"

Sighing in defeat, I walk towards him with my arms open and jump into his arms. He let out a small happy noise from the impact and wrap his arms around me as I did with him. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by being angry but please, listen to me and don't hang out with them for at least a while till it cools down if you get what I mean..."

"Kookie, I get that you're worried but suspecting my friends hurt my feelings," I answered, looking up at him and he leaned down to touch our nose. He caress my back softly with his huge hands and wet his lips.

"You getting hurt hurts my feelings..." He replied with another pout that I find it cute but I didn't want to give in that easily.

"But still... Lucas deserves a funeral with his friends..." I murmured. "Can't we have one?"

"Baby, if you want one, I can ask the principal for you but there's no guarantee that it might be accepted," He told me and I sulk in silence, wanting to ask for the reasons but I knew there were no reasons to as it'll be useless. "My dad is feeling quite stressed right now due to Lucas's death but luckily, Lucas's parents had taken it surprisingly lightly as though they had seen it coming."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Mainly is a good thing. Due to students' death, we have lost a massive amount of money as we have paid their parents to stay quiet. Eventually, we might go bankrupt and-"

"Isn't that what the murderers want?" I wondered, furrowing my eyebrows. "If the secretive item is too difficult to find, what if they use another tactic such as rapidly killing the students?"

"If they are, they would've done it sooner," Jungkook answered me and I sat upon his lap to face him properly. "Killing people may be much more brutal but is an easier way for them to succeed. Maybe they just have another plan... who knows?"

"This is stupid..." I slump my head over his shoulder in disbelief and Jungkook chuckled.

"Why do you sound like you want them to kill students instead?" He asked curiously, pecking me on my neck.

"Because wouldn't it be easier to track them down? We could have involved more polices and detectives if killings were more frequent. This can lead to finding evidence more easily..."

"You know how smart the killers can be, Y/N," Jungkook said, smirking as though he was mocking me.

"So? I'm sure we're a bit tad smarter than some of them..." I muttered, quite salty that Jungkook had low-key said I was dumber than some of the murderers. "Okay, I admit. They have about three years of experience so of course, they're smarter than me..."

Removing myself from his arms, I slump onto the bed and groaned out loud, wanting to slap myself as I currently heavily dislike myself for being incredibly stupid. To get rid of each one of the murderers is to outsmart them just like they outsmart us but is not easy...

"Don't worry about it Y/N," He reassured me with a smile. "I was just joking. You're not dumb- you crack the riddle after all!"

"Yeah, thanks..." It didn't sound like a compliment as if you had read the riddle continuously, you would've found the answer to it. Additionally, I'm probably just a lucky person either way.

"Then, what should we do now?" I questioned and Jungkook shrugged. "What do you mean by a shrug? That doesn't answer my question," I scoffed in annoyance, laying down on the bed and closing my eyes.

"Can you elaborate more on the question?" Jungkook asked me in a strangely polite way and I open an eye to peek over at him to see if he was being sarcastic or not.

"Well, about the detective group and everything in general," I mumbled, forcing a smile. "You know, Yoongi seems to already have left us due to what happened to Lucas... and the murderers? Do we continue to track them down without Yoongi?" I asked with a quizzical look. "Because without Yoongi, we're in quite a terrible disadvantage-"

"We're already at a terrible disadvantage," Jungkook interrupted, staring at his lap. "The only thing we can do now is to wait."

"Wait? That's such a waste of time," I scowled, huffing in anger. "I don't want to complain but searching for the murderers is already so damn tiring... and I kind of want a hiatus away from everything!"

"Y/N, you're the only ones who haven't been dealing with this for three years. But to be honest..." Jungkook's voice trailed off and I raised a curious eyebrow at him. "We never really start tracking down the murderers, all we did was rely and depend on my mother. When she died, we were filled with regrets and have finally woken up. Your little speech before joining has also motivated us," He said, smiling gratefully and I shake my head, waving a hand at him.

"A speech- no way!" I laughed in embarrassment. "I was just expressing my opinions out loud... but for real, what do we do now?"

"Well, I suggest for us to wait for a few weeks till everything is chill," Jungkook murmured. "I'm only saying this for Yoongi as he needs some time off from everything." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading

~Xin