{35} Flushed

10:10am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Because I like you." He replied, his mouth curving into a shy and amused smile as he gazes into my eyes with his big doe ones.

Slowly taking in what he said, my eyes widened and I immediately avert from his childlike eyes. Feeling distressed and embarrassed, the heat was suddenly rising on my face and my ears were starting to warm up. All of a sudden, it was getting unbearably hot in here and I couldn't take it but I remain in a motionless position.

There was this silence between us which I find undoubtedly awkward and quiet. The only sounds that I could make out were our breathing and the waiter nearby, tapping his shoes at a quiet pace.

The phone beside me suddenly rang, its piercing sound tearing through the air like bees swarming out from a beehive, scaring the soul out of me. Grabbing it, the phone accidentally slips from my hands and I frantically try to hold it still, nervous for some reason.

Pressing the green button to enter the call, I hold it beside my ear.

"Y/N!" Yerim shrieked from the phone and I pull it away from my ear so I wouldn't get my eardrums damaged.

Geez, this girl gets so energetic, despite when is just a phone call.

"What?" I replied, my leg shaking uncontrollably for some reason. Out of the corner of my eyes, I notice Jungkook scrutinizing me intensely which made me tenser but I remained calm. I just had to.

"Y/N, what do you want to do now? Do you want to meet up?" She asked. "Let's meet up right now! I want to introduce some new hotties to you!" She said energetically, not even giving me a chance to reply.

"Yerim, I-"

"Where are you now? Let's meet up at the front of the dormitory building alright? You're not that far right?" She cuts me off, bombarding me with questions.

"Yerim, I am actually-"

"Okay, thank you! I'll see you soon Y/N! Love you! Muah!" She let out a kissing noise before ending the call, leaving me speechless.

"What was that about?" Jungkook questioned and I glanced at him, his eyes widened with curiosity and I immediately looked away, blushing profusely. I really want to slap myself or just get out of here.

"I-it was Yerim." I stuttered, staring at my lap and my fiddling fingers, as though it was something interesting to look at.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you." He demanded kindly and I looked up, meeting his gaze as I was all flushed up. Despite confessing or just joking around, he stayed nonchalant. "What did Yerim want from you?"

He asked me, curiously but I was a nervous wreck that I immediately stood up from my chair, my legs trembling like a scared kitten. Giving a small respectful bow as he was my senior, I force a smile.

"Yerim told me to meet up with her because she wants to introduce new friends to me. I'm sorry but I'm going to take my leave right now. I'll see you later." Grabbing my phone and sliding it into my pocket, I turned around and was about to take a step since I was eager to leave as possible but I was halted.

"Y/N, wait." He stopped me, from taking any more steps. "Before you go, do you know any details of the person who nearly murdered you? Like did he or she leave any suspicious detail? I forgot to ask you since you were traumatized so I waited for a day."

"He told me to call him Bacon," I murmured quietly, still traumatized as ever at the memory. "It might relate to someone's name in this school but I don't know. Hope it helps."

"Yes, it helps, thank you very much." He thanked me.

Didn't know what to do next as he didn't say anything, I stood where I was but still had my eyes on the carpeted floor. Not gonna lie, quite fancy for a cafeteria. I mean, is private after all.

The sound of the chair scraped against the floor behind me can be heard clearly as the room was silenced. Feeling a powerful presence behind me, I swallow a lump in my throat even though I knew it was Jungkook.

Instead of saying anything, a pair of arms were suddenly wrapped around my waist, surprising me. Both of his hands were laid on my stomach, holding my small body into his buff one. I felt warm and protective. His head was leaning down on my shoulder, which was close to my ear in which I could feel his slow breathing.

"Y/N, I don't like seeing you acting differently around me after I confess my feelings. Because, what would be the point of liking you if you completely change?" He whispered into my ear. "What I say a few minutes ago isn't bullshit, my feelings for you are real. You don't have to say anything or like me back, or whatever. I just want to let you know. Anyways, make sure to not get yourself into trouble as you meet up with Yerim, okay? I trust Yerim to take care of you."

Once he removed his hands from me, I nibbled my lip, speechless. "Thank you for worrying about me," I replied, turning around to give him another respectful bow.

"You don't need to bow respectfully to me, it is much better when you're being yourself. Oh, and please think about it or even consider it. I'm always ready to start a relationship with you." He gave me a pleasant and shy smile and I just nodded wordlessly as I didn't know how to reply. There was this heavy feeling in my stomach but I couldn't blame it. I was too stunned.

Realizing I was standing there awkwardly, I decided to make a move.

"Uhm, well, I'll take my leave now. See you later." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin