{145} Euphoria

1:38pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

He caresses his soft lips on mine and I can't help myself but smile. It was something that I've been craving forever since I left the hospital and being here with him just relaxes me a lot.

"You know, I was planning to commit suicide when I thought you were going to die," Jungkook told me, and I stared at him in disbelief, wondering why would he do something like that. He notices my disappointed gaze and nodded. "Luckily, Yoongi stop me. We had a small but loud argument over it and he told me that-"

"Jungkook, I wouldn't like it if you commit suicide even if I die," I replied, shaking my head at how broken he felt without me. I was happy but at the same time, I didn't want him to be completely hopeless without me.

"I know... Yoongi told me. I guess he sometimes knows you better than I do," He mumbled and I gave him a small smile. "I'm sorry that you need to hear this but I lost every motivation to do anything anymore when you weren't there. Every guilt I felt was tearing me apart and I just felt really lonely."

I could imagine him as a little child, crying in pain because of loneliness and I bit my lip as his arms around me tighten, as though he was frightened to let me go.

He was extremely clingy today, but I didn't mind.

"What kind of guilt?" I questioned and he sniffed.

"Lots of guilt... I was naming it to Yerim and Taehyung because ever since my mum died, I started thinking a lot and a part of my heart eventually crack or something. That's why I've been quite cold to people I don't know because I couldn't bother socialising," He murmured and I wrapped my legs around his waist, caressing his hair to reassure him.

"When you got shot, my world just started toppling again. But instead of losing my sanity like I did when my mum died, I was starting to lose myself," He continued and I stared at him thoughtfully. "I've just stayed in bed and didn't eat or drink anything for two days but eventually I got forced by Yoongi. He kept using you as an excuse, saying you wouldn't like it if I starve so I force myself to eat," Jungkook laughs softly. "Yoongi's smart, he's always using you as an excuse to make me do something. And it always works."

Is this how true love is? I've never experienced this with anyone so it must be true.

"I'm sorry for not being able to escape from the bullet," I mumbled, reaching to cup his face. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone and in the dark, I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, no one knew it was coming," Jungkook then scoffed angrily. "Those stupid detectives, really thought it was a good idea to not be by their side."

I snickered and he pursed his lips.

"Anyways, are you okay? You're not in pain anywhere right?" He asked, scrutinising me anxiously and I smile reassuringly at him.

"Of course not, because you're here with me," I said happily and he passed a thankful smile.

"You know, when I saw you, I thought I was dreaming because I didn't have any hope that you would be alive..." Tears suddenly streamed down his face and my eyes widened. I reach to peck him on the lips, his nose, and on his cheek, hoping to calm him down which had worked.

"Awh, why didn't you have hopes?" I asked. "Was it because of the amount of blood I was losing?" He nodded at my question and I just smile, finding it adorable staring at his doe eyes.

"By the way, we're rewarded two months of break," Jungkook reminded me and I nodded, telling him that I know.

"What do you want to do during the break?" I questioned him and he beamed, staring up at the ceiling as though he had lots of ideas.

"I have lots of things I want to do with you!" He said happily. "We can go meet your mum and she can see me herself! I bet she's going to swoon at how tall I am!" He said confidently and I scoffed in disbelief.

How did he know my mum so well?? Yes, my mum is in love with tall boys but Jungkook- his height is considered normal to her.

"Yeah my mum only gets happy with boys around Namjoon's height," I replied and the look he gave me made me wheeze. It was as though I broke his confidence and he frowned at me. "Just wear high heels, she'll definitely believe you're tall."

"I'm not the one good with high heels, Taehyung is," Jungkook told me and my eyes widen in surprise.

"Really? Doesn't seem like one... but yes! We can go visit my mum!" I said excitedly. "After, we can go to the theme park or something," I suggested and he nodded. "Okay but not gonna lie, I kind of want the holiday with everyone!"

"To be honest, I don't mind," Jungkook started. "As long as you're there, I'll be happy with anything."

I-

"Okay, to be honest, Kookie," I started, smiling happily. "I miss the love from you so much that you're going to make me..." My voice trailed off as I sniffed and his face went into an 'aww' expression when I started tearing up.

"Come on now, don't cry," He said, pulling me into a hug and patting my back. "I love you, Y/NNN! It must've been hard for you. I'm sorry that I wasn't there."

He didn't need to apologise but at the same time, I did blame him a little for not being there for me.

I just operate this way... just not a different breed. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin