{19} Talk

2:10am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

The principal's office, was unusually small and comfortable, like the size of my first dorm. The walls of the office were covered with expensive woods and were adorned with paintings. Near the wide window, several bookcases were build to be plastered on the wall.

The central element of this room is a huge table with a bronze hawk and a desktop computer on its left side and a valuable astral lamp on its right. Various papers or letters were scattered in the middle of the desk.

Behind the desk was a cosy chair made of leather which I kind of like a lot (even though I just seen it for 1 second) and consider stealing it.

Me and Jungkook sat on the ordinary Lawson chair that was directly opposite of the principals. I decided to sit down on the left side to examine the interesting bronze hawk. It was right in front of the computer and beside it was a picture frame of a young girl who was wearing a red dress, her eyes close and beaming, her chin pointing at the air. She looks like she was in her twenties and is quite familiar.

"I see you're looking at the photo of your mum," He grinned and I quickly look away from the picture frame and back at him. With a sigh, he sat himself down on the cosy chair and clamped his hands together.

"Now, where should we begin?" He asked, but I think the question was for him to answer so I didn't say anything and neither did Jungkook. I think he was busy examining the bookshelves. If he loves to read and is a nerd for books, I'll be surprised.

"Would you like to know when I left you and your mum?" He asked and my face instantly turned into a cold one.

"When I was a toddler," I answered and he nodded.

"The thing is, I left you guys for a purpose and whatever your mum told you, is either-"

"What is the purpose?" I asked coldly with an eyebrow raised.

"Would you like the whole story?" He asked. "I've got the whole day."

Does he even sleep? I wondered.

"Yes, I would like the whole story but shorten it," I answered and he nodded.

"To begin, the problem started right before you were born." He started. "Back in Daegu, your mum work as a doctor and I worked in my friend's business. Money wasn't a problem to us back then but the company I worked in went bankrupt which causes a lot of my money to disappeared because my friend needed it to help keep the business alive. Some of the staff who worked there knew it was going to die so lots of my friend's employers left to find a new job. My friend didn't have enough employers so he decided to just quit the business." He stopped for a while and let out a breath.

"Right after that, I was jobless for a few months and was desperately trying to find a new job. And I decided to start a new school in Seoul. So, when I already had plans, I decided to ask your pregnant mother to start a new life in Seoul but she had other plans in her mind. She told me she doesn't want to because her mother was sick and that she needed to take care of her and herself and took my plans as a joke. Obviously, I got mad and we went into a quarrel. The thing is, I was heartbroken because I thought she was going to be supportive of my plan but she wasn't." He said with a sigh.

"After you were born, I decided to go for another try but she got even angrier because her mum had cancer and needed to be taken care of. I didn't understand because I thought her mum's husband would take care of her so I decided to just give up. I told her that I was going to leave since my dreams of creating a school in Seoul were in desperate need to come true so that's why I left." He finished and all I could do was just stare at him in incredulity.