{140} Truce

7:14pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"You know, I'm sorry." He apologised, dropping his head to avoid looking at me. I raised an eyebrow in surprise, wondering why he's apologising.

"Okay, why are you apologising?" I questioned and he swallowed.

"I'm sorry for leaving you to achieve my dreams. I'm sorry for nearly leaving your mum in debt and having her suffer... I'm sorry for basically my past actions and everything that I did to hurt..." His voice trailed off as he saw my reaction and I sighed.

"You know, what you did was unbearably cruel and it does hurt my heart till this day," I replied. "Personally, I want to shout and scream at you for it but now that I think about it, is all in the past. Is not like screaming can do anything to change the past, right?" I asked and it was my first time seeing a fully grown adult pouting.

"You're so... I can't believe you grew up really well without needing me..."

"Because anything is possible," I answered back with a small smile. "Is good enough for me that you realise your actions hurt us and that you were sorry."

"Yeah, but you don't have to forgive me if you don't want to," The principal told me. "I just want you to know that I'm truly sorry for my actions and that your hostility towards me is reasonable so you can continue but not to the point it embarrassed me."

"I'm not that type of person," I reassured him with a smile. "Why would I hurt you and ruin your identity when Jungkook loves and respect you? I would never do that."

"It makes me smile seeing you so happy with him," He murmured and I just smile.

"But, he's not your real son... right?" I asked curiously as I didn't want to cause incest and he shakes his head, laughing.

"When I marry a woman, she already had Jungkook so don't worry about it," He reassured me, waving his hands.

"Okay... plus, I forgive you," I murmured, smiling at him. "But you need to apologise to my mum too."

"Of course... but what was that attitude you gave me before? I got a bit piss from it but had to hold it in..." He mumbled and I stifled a giggle.

"Well, I admit, I was a b*tch before because I thought I get to see Jungkook first..." I said truthfully and he chuckled.

"What did Jungkook ever do for you to love him this much? Didn't you hate him before?" He asked me and I quickly look away to hide my guilt. "I knew it... well is okay, he was kind of a jerk when his mum died."

"I didn't know how I developed feelings for him," I murmured. "Maybe he had always been someone I had a crush on but never realise... but that's absurd."

"You know, many girls like him because of his looks. I find it strange when you didn't fall for him head on." The principal laughed and I frowned.

"That's because looks aren't everything in my vocabulary. Yes, I did find him attractive but he pisses me a lot before and it wasn't healthy," I started shaking my head and he grinned. "But I do love him a lot."

"How does it feel dating the most popular dude in the school?" The principal asked and I shrugged as I didn't know how to answer.

"Very cliché," I answered wrinkling my nose and he laughed.

"How so?"

"Well, is like I'm the main character of a fanfiction," I murmured. "Is very strange now that I think about it. But at the same time, I really love it."

"Anyways, are we truce?" He questions me and I stared at him, frowning at the question. "Like, we're good right? No more hostility or anything?" He explains further so I could understand better and I nodded.

"Yes, sure," He reaches out and pointed a pinky at me. I frowned at him, questioning his actions, and decided to intertwine my pinky with his. He smiles gratefully at me and then reaches for a plastic bag that was sitting beside him.

"You hungry? I brought food," He said, lifting the bag up and I tried peeking inside. "There's porridge and eggs... sorry it might sound bland but the doctors have insisted for you to only have a simple and healthy diet."

I simply nodded. "Sure, I'll take it."

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

8:00pm

"By the way, where did all the letters and flowers come from?" I questioned the principal and I hope he was able to comprehend as my mouth was filled with porridge. The porridge was warm and delicious, perfect for my condition.

"Oh, well, I decided to hold an assembly to celebrate and I made a little speech about you," He told me, as he watches me eat. "The students are extremely thankful and since I didn't allow them to visit you, they had sent flowers and letters instead."

He smiled over in the direction I was looking and I can't help but smirk as I notice a familiar name. Chunseo - B*tch, you might've stolen my man but thank you for saving the school.

How am I so observant? Man, this is forever my favourite letter. Both saltiness and thankfulness are portrayed in one letter. How adorable.

"By the way, I've given you guys two months of rest," The principal replied and I turned my attention to him, my eyes widening.

"Oh my god, really?" I asked, trying to stop myself from smiling and he nodded, grinning.

"You guys deserve it. Please rest and recover fully from trauma. If you need another month or two, I'll gladly at it. Your health is much more important than education and, you're still young so take your time with your studies."

"Okay," I replied, clearing the bowl to ensure there's no soggy rice left. Once I finish the meal, the principal had put it away and had to remove the small table too. "So... how are the others doing?" I asked, intertwining my fingers nervously as I hope Jungkook was doing ok without me.

"The last time they went out of their dormitory was when I held an assembly. They all stuff themselves in their dormitory and take so long to answer the door when I was starting to get worried."

Oh...

"I'm assuming that they're like this because of you. I mean, the way I see them treating you, is like you're a part of them."

Family? Just like Yerim had mentioned?

"You don't feel sad that you're apart from them?" The principal questioned, noticing my gaze.

"Is not that I don't feel sad, is just I feel empty I guess..." I replied, fiddling with my hair. "When am I allowed to get discharged? Is so boring here... oh and, are they aware I'm well?"

"Nah, I want you to surprise them," The principal said, with a mischievous grin and I rolled my eyes.

"If you insist..." I murmured, my eyes slowly feeling heavy and I wondered if I was going to die again.

Maybe not... I'm just tired. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin