{109} Cute

1:43pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

~JUNGKOOK'S POV~

"Are you sure you can walk?" I questioned Taehyung anxiously, as I watch him carefully walking beside me with crutches. It was difficult to see my hyung walking like that but I have to get used to it for some time.

"Yes," Taehyung told me confidently and I squeeze my lips together doubtfully and acquiesce.

We had decided to take a walk outside to enjoy the nice breeze even though Taehyung couldn't walk properly. I had merely suggested for a walk as if the interrogation had taken indoors, Y/N would've wanted to come instead of resting. I know I'm a bit selfish and that I should focus on the ones who are more injured but Y/N is precious. End of discussion.

"Alright, firstly, when you were captured, what happen?" I asked him curiously, slowing down my pace so Taehyung could catch up. We weren't rushing to anywhere, just a short walk outside. "Try to provide me with every bit of information and clues you have heard."

"Well, there wasn't much," Taehyung started and I nodded, urging him to continue. "There was this one murderer who had visited me regularly and every day to check how I was doing."

"Did he hurt you?" I asked, reluctant to hear the answer that Taehyung will provide and he shakes his head, smiling gratefully.

"No, instead we had a great talk," Taehyung replied. "He didn't bring any food or any water for me though since it wasn't allowed. The only thing he had let me was to do my business and I was already thankful."

"What did you guys talk about?" I quizzed him as it was essential for me to know all the details as a detective.

"He mainly told me about his feelings working as a murderer and to be honest..." Taehyung's gaze drop to the floor and he sighed. "I felt emotional listening to it and I realise, not all the murderers are bad."

I was taken aback by his statement as it sounded bullsh*t to me. Ever since they murdered someone, I've lost all respect for them and I wasn't a lawyer to bring justice. Plus, with Taehyung saying something like this... it nearly sounds abnormal. But as a detective and as a friend, I had to listen.

"What do you mean by that unusual statement?" I questioned and Taehyung wrinkled his nose as he thought about it.

"He had stated that he was forced to be part of it," Taehyung murmured sadly. "It all started when the murderers have realised his talents and had decided to ask him to join but he had denied it. The murderers got furious and had threaten to murder his family and ruin his life if he don't do it and he had to agree. How low can they possibly get? Forcing someone to do something, that's just-" Taehyung shook his head to express his anger.

"That's how it is," I replied casually. "Is there more?"

"He also told me that he hasn't killed anyone as his job is to just fight detectives off since he was strong, tall, and well-built apparently."

Hm, strong on the outside but soft on the inside.

"But he has NEVER killed anyone before as he made his boss promise to not let him do the dirty job," Taehyung said, stopping to scratch his hair and I stare hard at the floor.

Impossible... then that person isn't considered a murderer but that's just... it was hard to accept the truth as he was part of the murderous gang! But... he didn't get to have a say to be in it after all.

"His bestie Baekhyun got apprehended though and he feels lost and lonely," Taehyung announced and I raised my eyebrow in surprise.

Hold on a second... didn't Baekhyun say something about having a bestie with him that was in the-