{71} Eavesdrop

26/11/20
Thursday
1:11am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

My prediction was correct and accurate. I couldn't sleep at all.

Assuming my calculations is most likely 1 in the morning. Great. Why are the others not back yet and why can't I sleep?

Frankly speaking, it is understandable why I can't sleep, because of the threats that were thrown at me. If only I could throw it back... and if only I could apologise to Namjoon for the way I acted even though he didn't do anything but try to reassure me. I'm a bit too lazy right now... additionally is peaceful and warm underneath the blanket.

The thing is, I don't get why I'm heavily affected by the words said by the murderer... like he's just some stranger whose life is already f*cked up from murdering people but I'm scared of this destiny or fate dying on a killer's hand. And since I don't like this 'destiny', I'm not going to accept it. Instead, I'll just have the courage to change it the way I want it to be. Because, if I just submit myself to this so-called fate, then that's the end of me.

I mean... just because of a few words, should I give up on life? There's no shame in falling but like true shame is to not stand up again. After all, I did promise to myself that I'll save this school no matter what circumstances I'm in. I'll slaughter all the murderers up, and take back what they stole.

The sound of the door opening was heard, including several mumbles, and noises were also coming from there. I wanted to pull the blanket over because I knew they were back and I wanted to greet them but I remember I was meant to sleep.

There were movements on my bed, as though someone was crawling on it. The blanket was suddenly wrapped tightly around me as though there was a pair of arms hugging me from the outside. It was as though another pair of warmness has overwhelmed me. I couldn't breathe but I had to act like I was sleeping so I stood still.

A head was slump towards my shoulder and it started ruffling on it. "Y/N... I miss you," A breathy voice mumbled, a voice that I've been longing to hear for a few hours. I was glad he finally made it back, hopefully with no injuries.

"Jungkook, get off her, you haven't even shower," Yoongi muttered flatly. "You're going to make her blanket dirty."

Obeying his words, his arms left me and I couldn't feel his warmness anymore. I pouted underneath the blanket, wanting to make myself dirty so his arms could be around me.

"Let him be, is more annoying how he was ranting how much he miss her," Jimin told Yoongi and I felt like he was nudging him.

"Jungkook... there's something I want to talk to you about," Namjoon started and I bit my lip nervously. If this kid decided to tell Jungkook what had happened- I swear-

"Yes? What's up?" Jungkook asked curiously. "We're sorry we're late. By the way... the murderer who came here didn't hurt any of you right?"

...

So Jungkook knew a killer was going to come here but he didn't take action? Or maybe he couldn't do anything because something else was distracting him?

"Uh, no. Luckily, the door was strong enough to ward him off,"

There were a few sighs of relief heard coming from about four other people. Probably from three of our neighbours and Jungkook himself. "That's good... is Y/N okay? I was surprised she slept without waiting to greet me..." He said in a low voice as though he was disappointed.

"I think she's okay... she's just a bit traumatize," Namjoon mumbled and I could imagine him scratching his hair.

"Why? What happen?" Yerim demanded in a controlled tone, probably because I was asleep and that she didn't want to wake me up by accident with her loud voice.

"He threaten he'll kill her as a promise... well I don't think he was joking but Jungkook, I'm getting worried," Namjoon murmured anxiously.

Not gonna lie, the way Namjoon said it sounded like something interesting was gonna be said, something that I don't know yet.

"Let's discuss this next door," This man, Yoongi had to ruin the fun for me as I wanted to know what happens once a killer makes a promise. "Because who knows if Y/N's awake and listening to our conversation."

"She went to bed since 10 and has been quiet, I don't think she's awake," Namjoon protests and I stifled a laugh.

Namjoon, poor dear, you are hugely mistaken.

"Hm, for real? She might be eavesdropping on us right now. Do you guys want her to know the truth? She's only sixteen," Yerim noted and I sighed quietly.

Age is just a number... just like jail is just a room. Jokes. Don't take it too seriously kids.

"Then, let's just wake her up," Jimin suggested and I raised my eyebrows in confusion. "Once we wake her up, we'll have Yerim escort her to our room for a minute to talk while we discuss, you know?"

What- is it that confidential that I can't know ._.

"If you f*cking wake her up or disturb her, I'll kill you," Jungkook scoffed in annoyance and I stifled a giggle as I could imagine Jimin backing away and raising his arms in surrender.

"Even if she's not sleeping, it doesn't matter if she knows," Namjoon explained. "She's part of us after all, part of this mess." He admitted without any guilt unexpectedly which surprises me. "Plus, Jungkook. I'm not joking, I'm terrified that the same thing will happen again."

"Why!? I told you guys, I won't allow the same thing to happen again, I won't make the same mistake that I did with my mother!" Jungkook exclaimed in an orotund tone, as though he wanted to make sure we understood each word clearly.

"We know, but once the murderer promises something, he'll fulfill it," Jimin mumbled anxiously and I frowned.

Wait, so that's it? Is that the thing that they didn't want me to know?

Bruh, that's so lame. Is so obvious that I'm on the murderer's blacklist after what they said. I mean, it was only an assumption that I decided and since they confirmed...

Yeah, sh*t, I might as well not get any sleep tonight and watch out for murderer.

"Exactly, and like Y/N's already close to me... I'm not willing to lose her," Namjoon murmured truthfully and I smiled happily. I guess the scolding has paid off, we're homies now! "Anyways, where's Jin or Hoseok?"

"They're both in their dormitory," Yoongi told him in a blank tone. "By the way, Hoseok's staying with you and Jin because Taehyung isn't there with him. So, staying alone can be dangerous."

"Alright, I don't mind," Namjoon said and I could feel him beaming for some reason. "An extra roommate doesn't hurt, more company."

"Oh yeah, how do you guys solve the riddle?" Yerim questioned. "I mean, is okay that you guys haven't, like no pressure- I'm just asking, you know?"

Bruh... had I let her down? If only I didn't overreact with the threats... then I probably would've worked out at least a useful clue from the riddle.

"No, sorry..." Namjoon said apologetically in a low voice filled with guilt.

"Don't apologised, is fine. You guys got interrupted." Jungkook replied, reassuring Namjoon. "Anyways, all of you can return to your dormitory. Today's been quite a rough day. Thank you for taking care of Y/N."

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading <3

~Xin