{120} Vroom

12:00pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"How did you manage to sneak out like that?" Jue Chen demanded in disbelief, nudging an elbow at me as Rebecca and Jackson stared at me curiously.

Staring nervously at the three of them, I forced a smile. "He was uh... showering. I think he's taking a bath which normally takes quite long," I had assumed as I didn't want them to worry about me. I did feel bad that I left him without telling him but if I did he wouldn't allow me. And it was my birthday after all so he would let it slide. "Plus, I want to celebrate my birthday with you guys too!"

The three of them started clapping enthusiastically and I laughed in excitement.

"Before we celebrate, I truly apologise that you had to deal with someone two-faced like her," Rebecca apologises and I frowned but wave a hand.

"Why do you apologise? Is not your fault," Jue Chen replied and I nodded in agreement. "Is her problem that she got caught, is not like you guys ask her to do it," She said, rolling her eyes sassily and I laughed at her attitude.

"But seriously, it was a surprise," Jackson replied in a serious tone. "I feel betrayed as we've been friends for quite a while."

"I mean, I feel the same way," Rebecca pouted, fiddling with her fingers as she stare at them sadly. "I've known her for quite a well and is depressing how she turned out this way."

"So you're saying you never notice anything suspicious?" I murmured in disbelief and both of them nodded.

"We never imagine her to be part of them," Jackson replied. "To be frank, would you ever suspect a close friend of yours to be part of them?"

"Yes," I replied and they frowned. "If I have enough evidence to claim my statement, I will," I said, simply shrugging. "After what happen to Tzuyu, I don't think I no longer can trust anyone beside the detectives," Or Taehyung.

"Not even us?" Jue Chen pouted sadly and I waved a hand, forcing a smile.

"Of course not! You guys are close enough for me to trust!" I replied, feeling bad for lying but I had to stay vigilant or I'll get backstabbed again. The three of them had smile so brightly at my answer which made me even more guilty.

"Anyways, Y/N, how old are you turning?" Jackson questioned, changing the topic.

"16," I replied with another smile. "Pretty young but it is what it is."

From their reactions, I could tell they didn't expect me to be this young but is okay. I'm used to seeing people's priceless reactions.

"You must be an academic excellence student..." Jackson murmured in bafflement and I just laughed it off. "What the hell- I've never met someone so young like you that attends a university."

"Your parents must be those Asian tiger parents," Rebecca replied, frowning at me. "Always wanting you to get those A+'s and A's. Annoying."

"Nah, not really," I said, defending my mum. "My mum doesn't care what I get as long as I try my best and don't cheat. She's extremely supportive even if I get a 0."

"Then were you born smart?" Jue Chen questioned curiously.

"Nope, I was an ordinary child." I stated, intertwining my hands together. "I've always love studying and learning new things and the only subject I was terrible at was maths. I've spend lots of time revising maths formulas which had been a nightmare."

"My parents think I'm good at maths but no, I'm very dumb," Jackson replied which made me giggle. "But yes, since you're such a precious friend I would purposely buy a car for your birthday so we can all have a 'Vroom vroom journey'."

One would say that he sounded cringe but I found it extremely funny the way he worded it. It was as though he was a 10 year old, trying to describe a car journey.

"Watch Jackson crash into one of the buildings and having us to pay for the compensation," Rebecca rolled her eyes and Jackson softly slap her.

"Come on, I'm not that bad of a driver. I got my license before you did," Jackson bragged and I stifled a laugh. "See, even Y/N agrees with me!"

"She only laughed because you were being sarcastic," Rebecca replied rolling her eyes and Jue Chen clapped her hands. "Anyways, we should've brought a cake, my bad."

"Nah, is fine. I had cake before..." I murmured, remembering how bloated I felt when cake was practically shove into my mouth. It was a messy nightmare...

"What are you going to do on your birthday?" Jue Chen asked and I shrugged.

"Oh, I'll just let it flow I guess... maybe mostly with Jungkook-"

"Oh, your boyfriend?" Jue Chen murmured and I nodded.

"Isn't he possessive?" Jackson muttered. "Tch, I hate how he steals you away like you're something he owns."

I-

"Well, I'm sorry about his attitude last time..." I murmured. "He was feeling a bit sensitive so I hope you won't hold any grudges..."

"Sure," Jackson said but I wasn't sure if he was lying or not. It had sounded sarcastic but I didn't thought much about it. It was reasonable for him to act this way but I was still willing to protect Jungkook. "By the way, is you arm okay?" He said, scrutinizing it and I smiled.

I couldn't get to answer as my phone buzzed in my pocket and I immediately reached to get it. Delving into my pocket with my uninjured hand, I pull it out and turn it on. Pressing on the notification, I nearly choke on my saliva when I saw who texted me.

⧼ Where are you? ⦆ 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin