{130} Pain

8:54pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

My eyes widen as he pulled the trigger. A flash and a horrendous noise tore through the room, barrelling towards me.

The bullet punched its way through my stomach, causing a gaping hole and it was quickly filled with blood. I staggered and gasped in surprise, trying to balance myself from the impact but I wasn't strong enough. As I fall, I clutch my stomach which was starting to gush out with blood.

A pair of arms had caught me, preventing me from hitting the hard floor. My eardrums seems to be blocked but I could hear deafening noises of shrieking and loud footsteps running around. As I lay there on a pair of arms, my vision had started to blur, fading in and out of consciousness, but I decided to control myself from fainting.

The pressure on my stomach was unbearable and it was beginning to tighten as I realise how much blood I was losing.

"Y/N!?" A voice yelled as someone lightly shake me awake. "Y/N, can you hear me!? If you can- tell me if you're okay!"

Jungkook's face had finally appeared in my vision, and I blinked tiredly at him as I realise what happen. Gulping down a lump in my throat as I try to manage my breathing, I reluctantly accept that I must have been shot and that the murderers had kept their promise.

As I watch the blood covering the ground surrounding me at sickening speed, all I could do was sigh. It was too soon.

"Jungkook... I'm tired," I manage to say with my strength left.

"What?" I saw him frowning at me and I chew my lip. "Stay with me Y/N! Please!" He turns over his shoulder. "Dad, call the ambulance! HURRY!"

"I am!" The principal yells back in a panic tone and Jungkook turns to look back at me, intertwining his fingers with mine. "Y/N, you promise me you won't die on me."

"You also promise me that you would protect me..." I said back and I could see tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Y/N... just hold my hand and close your eyes. Just think about the past, the days we loved and had fun. Don't think about the pain, help will come soon," He promises and I felt like laughing but my tummy was gonna hurt more.

"If I close my eyes, who knows if I'll open them again?" I questioned Jungkook, my voice hoarse and my lips beginning to dry up. A pool of blood had begun forming around me, soaking my clothes as I started choking heavily.

"Y/N, stop with your nonsense," He demanded, as he began to shake his head. "You won't die."

He sounds hesitant... but at the same time how does he know?

"Jungkook... there are times people have to die... even if you don't like it," The emotion and coldness in my heart felt unbearable and I couldn't believe that I was going to leave soon. I could tell as my body was starting to get exhausted but I refuse to accept it.

"No!" He shouted. "For once, be quiet! I don't want to hear about it," He wailed and I tried taking a deep breath but it was difficult. Blood would pour out more if I put pressure onto my breathing.

"But Kookie... even if I-" Blood rose from my throat and I coughed it out, choking on it as though something was strangling my throat. The pain was excruciating, it was as though it was forcing me to die faster.

"Just stop talking Y/N," He shakes his head, flattening a hand behind my head in support. "Stop wasting your energy, please." Tears soon pour out of his eyes and onto my face and I couldn't help myself but cry too.

I didn't want this. I didn't want to die and leave him... just like his mum left him.

"Listen..." I tried gulping the blood. "Even if I die, promise me you have to keep living okay?" I mumbled slowly, making sure we kept eye contact as I wanted him to be the last person I see before I go. "Live to see the end of this world and to bring justice to the once who had died and to the school. Especially your mum. Live to see why someone like me ended up here... and the reason you and I met," I continue coughing blood out, and sirens were heard from the distance.

It was difficult for me to talk with both the pain and extreme pressure I was feeling but I forced myself to as I want Jungkook to listen.

"No... this can't be happening," He started shaking his head in disbelief. "Why... you can't die like this. You're the one I want to be with to live to see the end of this world!" He cried out, and I was soon showered by his tears which had brought me comfort for some reason...

"I don't want..." I gulped once again. "Because of what happened today, I don't want you to suffer your whole life and become someone who can't do anything. I don't want that..." I begged, my voice begin to crack and I grimace.

"What are you talking about!?" He demanded and from his eyes, I could see the pain and grief he was already feeling. "Just stop talking and wasting your energy! Shut up already!" He yelled, his eyes burning with tears.

"Kookie... even though it's painful, one of us has to leave eventually," I said.

"You keep saying that but is not true," Jungkook denied. "Please stay with me, Y/N. Don't close your eyes."

There's a thought in my mind of how I wanted to go on but at the same time my body was slowly giving up. This is it, I thought. I'm about to die.

My eyes were starting to feel heavy, as though it was forcing itself to close. "Jungkook," I tried reaching for his hand with my right one and he immediately came to me. "If you can't throw something important away like me, you can never hope to change anything," I murmured and he just stared at me, his eyes red and teary.

I removed my hand from him and he leans down to let me cup his face with one hand. "Don't forget... the precious promise that we made at that day,**" I tried to smile, with my last effort but it just brings more tears. "I love..."

Then, I gave up and it was just like falling asleep. My eyes felt heavy and weak and the world just disappear once I close them. I didn't get to finish the sentence as darkness have taken over me.

As if from underwater, I could hear the final sob of Jungkook. It was as though two of our hearts were trembling together. Through the long tunnels my eyes had become, his dark shape was over me and was the last thing I saw.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin

**Chapter 117- Where they promise one another to only love each other