{70} Threats

10:03pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Open the door, I know you're in there," An unfamiliar low voice replied, instead of a bubbly one like Yerim or Jimin. It was strange how we got a different visitor as it was already 10 in the night. By now, most students would be on their bed, either sleeping or just laying there, praying the madness would end.

I quickly sat up from my spot and within a few seconds, the light was switch off and darkness enveloped me like a black cloak. Licking my lips anxiously, I tried squinting in the dark. I flatten my hands on the bed, to check where I was even though it was evident I was still on the bed.

"Namjoon? Where-" A hand was placed on my shoulder behind me and I swear, I nearly pissed myself from the unfamiliar contact. His hands were much larger... or was it the same as Jungkook? It felt quite different like it was a little rougher.

"Shhhhh," Namjoon sibilates me, moving me closer to the corner of the bed quietly. I didn't get what was happening and why Namjoon didn't open the door.

"Why didn't you open the door? What's going on?" I whispered as his hand was still on my shoulder but the grip tightened as though he was nervous. "Namjoon?" I called out as I didn't know what was happening behind me.

"Be quiet... one of the killers is outside," He said anxiously, in a small trembling voice.

Oh, no wonder he told me to be quiet... I see.

"Wait- a murderer!?" I shouted-whisper, my eyes froze open and my heart rate accelerated within a few seconds and I started shaking uncontrollably. Turning around, panicking, Namjoon decided to keep his twitching arms around me and I could feel his breath on the back of my neck.

"Don't tell Jungkook I did this, he'll go crazy if he finds out I touch you," Namjoon whispered and I rolled my eyes as I had difficulty concentrating on my breathing.

"Does that even matter right now? We're in danger- the murderer might break in any single time." I said, shrinking away into Namjoon's arms so that I have his warmth to keep me safe. "You're just trying to reassure me with your hug, Jungkook won't mind."

"And, how do you know that?" He asked in a quiet voice that seems to quiver. "Just don't tell him anything, he won't find out, is our secret okay?"

"Yeah, whatever," I muttered, hunching my shoulders and rocking from side to side. "Is the killer just gonna stay there and-"

There was a sudden loud noise outside the door, as though there was an explosion. Something was striking heavily and repeatedly on the door, demanding for us to open it wordlessly. "There's no point acting silent, I already know you're in there," He shouted roughly, finally giving up on banging the poor door. Hopefully, he didn't put a dent in it.

"Oi, Jungkook's girlfriend!" He yelled and I froze, my heart still trembling in fear and I wrap my arms around myself. "I'm here to give you a warning." He started and I could hear his evil chuckling. "One day, I'll make you regret helping Jungkook and the school. You were one of the main reasons why four of our comrades are captured,"

...

"You should start watching for your back from now on, because who knows if you might die tomorrow," He let out a wicked laugh, and my eyes suddenly welled up in tears due to the words that were said to me.

Personally, I didn't get why I was crying, he didn't say anything that hurt me but I didn't like feeling insignificant. I know it doesn't make sense but my heart just felt like it got torn into pieces. Maybe I was crying out of fear because I was triggered by threats and I just find it challenging to deal with something I've never experienced before.

"Next time, I hope you're prepared to die. I'll see you soon, Lee Y/N," With another cackle, I assumed he left as his fast footsteps echoed loudly down the hall. But it didn't matter... what said was said and I exhaled loudly as though I was in pain.

Namjoon's arms left me and I was alone in the dark for a few seconds when the light was switched on. The first thing I felt was that I couldn't control my legs, as they were shaking in an odd trembling rhythm and it seems like it was paralyzed to the spot. Beads of sweat were plastered on my face and I didn't realise that two pairs of hands were on my shoulder.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Namjoon asked and I slowly nodded. "Control your breathing, you don't seem to look well," Obeying his anxious words, I tried steadying my breath but terror had sucked all of it from my mouth. I looked up at Namjoon and he had his mouth open as though he was telling me something but I couldn't hear it as pulse was beating in my ears, blocking out all other sounds.

"Y/N!" He suddenly yell, shaking me back to reality and I pouted, giving him a vacant stare. "Are you alright? You're scaring me to death!" He said in a concerned tone and I shake my head.

"Namjoon..." I pronounce his name softly. "I... before I die, please tell my mum that I love her so much and that I'm grateful for everything she did for me,"

"What the hell Y/N? Can you stop with your nuisance- you're not going to die!" He roared into my ears but it felt like he was a few distances away from me.

"And how do you know that!?" I demanded, fighting back my tears. "Are you a fortune-teller? Can you read the future?!"

Scratching his chin, he passed me a hard look and he crosses his leg in front of me, trying to sit comfortably. He still had his hands on my shoulder, staring at me intently. "Y/N, don't be like this Don't believe what that bastard said- you know we won't let that happen."

"Oh yeah? Well, anything can happen! We're humans who are capable of making fallible mistakes! We're not perfect!"

"No sh*t," Namjoon spat, as though he was starting to get piss at me but he tried maintaining a reassuring look. "If you're gonna keep being like this- is best if you go sleep and rest." He started, removing his hands from me and took the pillow from my lap, and shove it behind me. "I'll do the rest of the researching and I'll watch over you till they come back, alright?"

"What does sleeping even do?" I muttered, too tired to protest. Maybe he's right, is best to sleep to remove the threats from my head. He left the bed to go raid Jungkook's one and ignores me as he gathers my laptop and the riddle  so that I'll have space to sleep. 

But what's even the point? With those words circulating my head, will I really be able to sleep?

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading :>

~Xin