{88} Dark

7:22pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Hurry inside," Jimin teeth's chattered through words as we huddle into the library.

It was surprisingly windy and cold outside, with the wind whipping through the trees, creaking like old doors. Makes my cheeks rubbed raw. I wrapped my arms around me, not surprised at how dark and cool it was in the library.

If only Jungkook had his arms around me... I would be fine- oh my god, shut up about him already you stupid ass. I adjusted my bag that was filled with stuff that could be useful if we found Taehyung to hold it in a comfortable way, as I looked around. 

It was so dark that even the clock ticking had a relaxed feeling. Due to the twilight, I knew where I was and where my partners were too which was great. Squinting my eyes into the deeper end of the library, I realise it was quite dark and scary since there wasn't any small light to help us.

"Shouldn't we turn on the light?" I suggested in a small voice and Yerim shook her head as she link arms with me, breathing visible air out her mouth.

"Turning on the lights would alert the murderers that we're inside. Since they don't know our plans anymore, is best to keep quiet... anyways, we have our torches so we'll be fine!" She whispered back and I could feel her smiling. She was such a positive person who evidently spreads happiness wherever she goes.

"Alright, let's begin before we run out of time," Jimin went straight to the point, interrupting us as he pushes his hair back and Yerim snorted. "I'm going to split up to find the entrance to the room. You two stay with each other alright?" Without giving us a chance to say anything, Jimin disappeared into the shadows of the library. We can tell where he was as he was shining a torchlight.

Looking at Yerim as I was unsure of how to act, Yerim tilt her head over to the direction of the books and we began to help Jimin out. We knew that to open the secret doors of the tunnel, it was to find a specific book. Just like in books or movies I've seen and read, it was quite the same. I'm just surprised I'm living in one of the scenes.

"Mister book, where are you?" I hummed quietly to myself, pulling books slightly out as though I was pulling a lever. I'm assuming there are about a thousand books here- it'll take forever unless luck was on one of our sides.

Yerim, who was beside me, had her torchlight turned on while muttering some words to herself. More than ten minutes have gone by and I'm starting to feel anxious. It was as though someone was watching us in the dark and I wonder where Jimin was as his light had gone.

If me and Yerim got attacked, we're possibly doomed-

Suddenly, as though something was reading my mind, there was a loud grumble. The floor started shaking as though there was an earthquake and I grabbed onto Yerim for support. The both of us fell onto the floor, with Yerim nearly screaming when I clamped her mouth shut. Somewhere nearby, something glowed with a brilliant white light as though it was trying to tell us to go there.

A few short seconds later, the light had disappeared and with clumsy legs, I quickly stood up, dragging Rebecca along with me as I followed the light. I eventually bumped with someone's shoulder and was about to dropkick the person when Yerim shone her torchlight at it.

Thankfully it was Jimin, and his eyes widen at the bright light, slapping it away from his eyes. He then pointed a finger in front of him and the both of us turned to look. What we saw was a tunnel, with only darkness seen ahead. It was so dark that we could only see a little distance ahead.

"This must be it," I murmured, removing my hands from Yerim as I grab her torchlight and shone it into the tunnel. With the light, it is evident that the tunnel had been abandoned for quite a well, with cobwebs sticking from everywhere.

Strange thoughts had started recurring in my head as I was curious what I was going to face in there. Those creepy crawlies...?

"If Taehyung's in there, we should hurry," Jimin interrupted my thoughts. "If those morons store Taehyung in there for like six days... that's f*cked up," He turned towards us and with a nod, he finally entered the tunnel. We trailed behind him, our footsteps stomping loudly on the rocky floor, meandering down the narrow path.

Through the tunnel, it was filled with nothing but dust and cobwebs. It feels like nobody had stepped into here for years and that it got completely forgotten.

The tunnel gives off foreboding and murky vibes and the path seems to be endless. Our footsteps had begun to be fast, with Yerim clutching onto me due to fear. With a free hand, I decided to intertwine fingers with Jimin too, to feel safe.

"Jimin, there's someone out there," Yerim whispered and I squint my eyes into the darkness. As though we were walking for ages, we suddenly walked into a room that was shaped like a square. It was the end of the tunnel and Jimin shone the light at the shadow that was seen in the middle of the room.

"Taehyung? Is that you?" I wondered out loud nervously, assuming it was him as the person was bound and gagged with tape, with the chair stuck towards him. With the sound of my voice, the person suddenly let out a strangling cry and without thinking twice, I ran towards him.

Leaning down onto the floor, I remove the tape on his face slowly, starting from the eye and then the mouth. My eyes were slowly welled up with tears as Taehyung's face appeared in my view. It was evident that he was in a bad condition, with his skin sagging and sharp angles visible that make him appear frail and weak.

"Y/N..." He manages a weak smile at me, a tear sliding down his cheek. "You're finally here." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin