{02} Warning

28/10/2020
Wednesday
7:30am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

It was a cloudy October morning as I was walking quietly along the streets. The university I applied wasn't that far from my house so I knew where to go.

I would be studying at Anh-jeon university for about 2-4 years and I was a little worried since I could not meet my mother, even in the holidays. So, instead of meeting each other, we decided to call each other once per day.

Of course, I'm a little nervous since I don't know anybody but I just got to face it don't I? 'Let today be the start of something new' is what my mum always tells me when I'm starting a new school. I just hope I'll be able to make friends and enjoy my life there.

I pulled my thoughts away when I reach my destination.

The wrought iron gates were imposing and ornate. It is also quite dusty and filled with scratches. It was wide open as if they knew I was coming. Or was it always open like this? Without much thought, I walked in.

Trees hovered above me, covering the morning sun as my shoes crunched onto the dead autumn leaves.

Do they even bother sweeping away the leaves? Or mow the lawn?

I thought the entrance to the school will always show high standards, but this one is just far off. I just hope I won't be living in a dorm with mouse poo and cockroaches crawling around.

Whatever, I guess I'll-

Suddenly, a high pitch noise interrupted the quiet atmosphere, making me jump like a meter high.

"LEE Y/N! PLEASE REPORT TO THE OFFICE WHICH IS TO YOUR RIGHT TO COLLECT THE THINGS YOU NEEDED FOR THE YEAR! I REPEAT. LEE Y/N. REPORT TO THE OFFICE WHICH IS TO YOUR RIGHT TO COLLECT THE THINGS YOU NEEDED FOR A YEAR! THANK YOU!!"

There was a loud beep right after the person finishes speaking and I shuddered.

One question, how did they know I was here?

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

8:04am

"Here's your dorm key and your schedule. You'll be starting school in two days and welcome to Anh-Jeon college!"

The office lady said cheerfully and I gave her a polite nod.

Since I'll be starting school in two days, I might as well prepare myself.

Making my way to the dormitory building, I wondered if my roommate will be a girl or a boy. Of course, I'm hoping for a girl and it should be one since having a roommate as a boy is just wrong on so many levels!

When I reach the front entrance of the dormitory building, I went inside.

There was a lady behind the reservation desk and she was eyeing me with an eyebrow raise. Her cheeks were sunken and her face was expressionless. She was wearing those rectangular glasses that Santa Claus wears and her hair was tied into a clean bun.

Being new, I'm always polite.

"Morning. My name is Lee Y/N and I'm here to move in-"

"I didn't ask for your name. What room number?" She interrupted, staring at me above her glasses.

Surprise at her rudeness, I said calmly. "Room 50. And can you please be a little nicer? I'm new here."

She blinked at me blankly and then pointed over at a sign and I turn towards it.

"Room 50, is on the floor above us. Take the elevator."

She then turns her gaze back to the computer and started typing away.

"Okay, thanks," I replied as I make my way towards the elevator.

If I had a broom, I wouldn't hesitate to whack her on the head.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

8:23am

"Room 50, room 50, where are you??"

I mumbled to myself, looking over at the numbers plaster on the door.

It seems like room 50 was at the end of the silent hallway of doors. I expected to at least see some teenagers since it was late in the morning already. But wherever I go, it seems to be deserted. I just hope that my roommate will be in the dorm, sleeping, or doing something.

Forty-two...forty-four...forty-six...forty-eight...FIFTY!!

Excitement bubbles in me as I push the key through the hole and turned it. I push the door open and walk inside, looking around.

It looks just like a hotel room. Two bathrooms were connected to the right wall. One open, one not.

Taking my shoes out and placing them on the shoe rack, I was about to walk over to the two beds when the closed bathroom door shot open.

It was a girl. She looks about my age and height. She had long brunette hair and her eyes were wide when she saw me. I was about to introduce myself when she said in the most disturbing voice.

"Get out of here while you can."

Huh?

"But I just got here, why would I-"

She cuts me off.

"Exactly, get out while you still can."

She paused as she looked around the room with brooding eyes for a few seconds. She then focuses her eyes back on me.

"Listen to me. Leave this place immediately."

I blinked, wanting to tell her off for telling me to get lost but didn't. Her eyes were begging me but I just frowned.

"Why?"

I asked and once again she looked around us wordlessly.

"Get out of here while you still can. Or you'll regret it."

She hissed.

"I-"

"Do you want to know how they knew you were here? They're watching you every step."

"But-"

"This school is not what you think it is. I'm warning you. This is your only chance to get out."

She warned and I blinked confusingly.

"Why are you telling me to get out? I just came here and I'm new. Aren't you meant to welcome me?" I asked, frowning.

She shakes her head as she disapproved of my actions and words.

"Get out of here while you still can. I'm not joking, Lee Y/N. Is for your own safety." 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading :)

~Xin