{105} Duck

10:48am

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Yes, yes I see," Jungkook mumbled through the phone quietly, holding a blank face. I stare at him curiously, waiting patiently for him to finish and wondering what the phone call was about. "Alright... do they just want to see me? Oh... okay, alright then."

He had sighed sadly, staring up at me to check how I was doing. He had passed a hand towards my hand to intertwine it as he speaks through the phone. "Yeah, is fine... I'm not busy. Yeah, I'll see you soon."

Sighing heavily as he remove his phone away from his ear, he pouted. "Baby, I have to leave as I need to go meet the principal and one of the authorities," He tells me and my eyes widen in disbelief.

"What- why?? We haven't even started eating..." I mumbled in disappointment. "Is it that important to skip our picnic date?"

"I'm sorry baby..." He apologised, passing his arms around me to lift me and place me swiftly on his lap. "This is about what happened with Lucas as his family wants to see me and discuss a few things," He explained.

"Oh, that's alright then," I replied, forcing a smile and he wrinkled his nose.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, if is about Lucas then is totally okay!" I chirped. "He did save my life after all..." I murmured sentimentally and Jungkook had tightened his hold around me by a little to reassure me. "But can I come?? I want to be with you."

"I want to be with you too but his parents only want to meet me," Jungkook replied with a pout. "But don't worry, my dad told me that it won't take long."

"Oh... okay," I said reluctantly, thinking up ways to waste time while Jungkook is gone. Should I revise those maths formulas? "But is the conversation with them going to be confidential?"

"Why baby? Are you nosy?" He questions with a smirk, caressing my back softly.

"No- forget that I ask," I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Is just, I'm a bit curious what his parents want to say, you know? As a friend of his, I feel like I have the right to know..." I mumbled and he laughs.

"Okie, I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I tell you, but it has to depend." He answered. "Anyways, when I'm gone, don't go anywhere dangerous by yourself alright?" He told me with a stern look, wetting his lips. "Seriously, I don't want you making any kind of trouble when I'm not-"

"What am I? 12?" I questioned, chuckling lightly. "Don't worry Kookie! I will be fine!"

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

11:01am

And they ask you how you are, and you just have to say you're fine when you're not really fine.

I AM SO NOT FREAKING, TRUCKING, PARKING, ROASTING FINE! IT WAS AN EXAGGERATION WHEN I SAID I WAS GOING TO BE FINE BUT I'M NOT!

After Jungkook had left, I had quickly packed the picnic mat and the food into one basket but on the way back, I was robbed. Okay, I didn't exactly get robbed but my basket got snatched by Yerim and Jimin and they had eaten everything- I'm not even kidding- they ate EVERY. SINGLE. FOOD. Including the fruit sandwiches I made, the orange and apple juice we got from the cafeteria, and the snacks such as jelly and chocolate.

I got a bit offended when they devour the snacks because Jungkook had ordered them online specifically for me since I love sweets. The feeling of feeling special has disappeared and I've been a bit pissed at them. Not only have they finished the food but they also have dragged me out to hang out with them.

Okay, here's the thing. I don't mind going out with the two of them for a walk as I considered them as close friends but if you're gonna ask me to be a third wheeler, that's just depressing.

"Come on Yerim, that's so not cool!" Jimin said, slapping a hand softly at her shoulder sassily, peeking at her with a mischievous grin. "You can't just leave me out like that when you're trying to help with Yoongi's mental health!"

"But your mental health is fine," Yerim answered back, caressing her shoulder and glowering at him. "Sure, you may be mentally ill sometimes but that's for you to go to the hospital not-"

"HEY!" Jimin yelled out loud at her. "How can you say that to me? I thought we were besties!"

Since I was in the middle, it was kind of hard to jump into the conversation as the two of them were slowly walking forward and leaving me behind. This had made me feel lonely and a shadow so I push them apart with two of my hands.

"Can you two just stop-" I cut myself off and extend and arm towards Yerim so she can link it with mine. "Give me," I said and she listened. "Look, guys, if you're on a date, don't invite me."

Both of them frowned at me, passing me a weird look as though I had said something strange. "I don't enjoy being the third wheeler, it sucks. I feel so excluded."

"Y/N, we're not dating you dumb b*tch," Yerim cursed at me and I glared at her. "You must've heard some bullsh*t Jungkook came up with."

"Who knows... you two just act like a couple in my eyes either way!" I teased both of them and Jimin flushed brightly. Yerim had ignored my statement, drifting her gaze towards her feet instead. "Okay, I'm sorry if I made you two uncomfortable- I'll stop."

"Damn, at least you're a nice one," Jimin mumbled. "Jungkook is completely the opposite."

"Constantly shipping us when we're more like siblings..." Yerim muttered, continuing Jimin's sentence. "I'm not interested in dating yet. I'm still young."

"True... anyways Jimin, do you ever realise that you look like a duck?" I questioned him and he rapidly nod, smiling in embarrassment and Yerim stifled a laugh.

"Yeah, I've always been reminded that since my lips are quite similar to a duck," Jimin mumbled.

"Because it is," Yerim insisted in a loud voice and I laughed as Jimin passed her looks. "But like, he has always looked like a duck, especially an annoying one." Her voice had dropped as she rolled her eyes and I giggled.

"But you got to admit Y/N, Yerim looks like an elephant," Jimin said, glowering at Yerim and my eyes widen in surprise at the word he had used to describe her.

"An elephant- you must be exaggerating..." I said in disbelief and Yerim nodded to agree with me. "There's no way you call this angel an elephant!"

"What do you mean!?" He demanded, as though he was offended. "I'm the angel one- I swear you're just biased!"

"Biased!? Her?" Yerim had laughed sarcastically out loud at Jimin's statement. "There's no way she's being biased- I think you're just salty Jimin."

Jimin had looked taken aback by the words Yerim had used but had not taken it personally as we were all just joking and fooling around like 9 year olds. For the first time after Lucas's death, I was just filled with nothing but happiness. Before I had worried quite a lot but now, I feel quite elated.

After all, to know true happiness is to know true sadness. And to know true peace is to have annoying distractions in your life...

Everything had happened so quickly in a blink of an eye. I didn't know how to describe it but within a click, two humans covered in black have surrounded us as though we were pigs and they were the wolves.

We assumed they were two of the murderers in this school, and this was not good news.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin