{95} Fallen

10:31pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Instead, a gun was pointing at me.

Only one question has run through my head. Is today going to be the last day of my existence?

The injection had fallen off my hand and it made a plopping noise. Taking a step back, I wanted to run but I was frozen to the spot. I wasn't completely frozen, I was shaking too but my legs couldn't move. It was just like jelly.

"Y/N, I have nothing to say to you," Yu said in a dry voice as though taking a life would mean nothing. "Farewell."

I clamp my ears shut with both of my hands and close my eyes as I fall onto the floor. A terrifying noise and it violently explode. It was so loud I only felt pressure in my ears and other noises were deafened for a moment. I didn't know how it felt getting shot but I waited for it to punch through my head.

Instead, it didn't. Nothing had punched through me and I could hear again. There were lots of shouting heard everywhere which made me dizzy and a loud groan was heard in front of me. Suddenly, I felt a body slumping against me and the impact had led me to drop myself onto the ground. The body had laid on my lap and I opened my eyes.

My lips were raised and I clamped my mouth shut in shock. I didn't know what I was seeing... actually I did know but is just...

Laying on my lap was Lucas. A bullet had punched through a hole in his chest and blood was constantly flowing out. Squeezing my eyes shut and opening them back as tears evaporated from my eyes, I quickly took out my jumper and place it on top of the wound to stop the blood. I was just wearing a shirt now as I had lend my jacket to Taehyung.

"Where the f*ck did he come from?" Yu curses under her breath and I look up at her, glowering at her through tears. She raises the gun again at me and I started shaking my head in hopelessness.

I was about to accept my fate but as though someone had listened to my pleads, a sharp noise barrel towards us. I assumed it was a bullet as it had shot through the murderer's right leg. She drop the gun and staggered in front of me. She tries to maintain her posture by stumbling but eventually, she loses her strength and nearly drops to the ground when two other murderers come to her aid.

I've completely forgotten which is which because is irrelevant. The only way you can tell them apart is their height or their body shape as they're all in black.

"Oi! Retreat!" One of the murderers shouted and I look over my shoulder to see one of them fighting with Hoseok. Obeying his orders, he ran towards us and I hugged Lucas in my arms to protect him while staring at Yu dragged and carried away.

They were super careful with blood not dripping on the floor as we can use their DNA to track them, but I'm too tired to explain furthermore.

Before they dispersed into the shadows, one of them had dropped a black feather near Lucas and I ignored it, crying helplessly as I stare at Lucas's pale face.

Both of my hands and clothes were soaked in his blood and tears were streaming down my face as I continue pressing on the wound, thinking I can possibly save him but he was already losing lots of blood.

A pair of arms were suddenly wrapped around me, bringing me warmness and I look over at my shoulder. Tears evaporated more from my eyes as I notice Jungkook with many bruises and injuries all over his body and he leans onto me for support. He places his chin on my shoulder to stare at Lucas's stiff state.

"Lucas... thank you," Jungkook thanked him in a brittle voice. Lucas managed a weak smile over at Jungkook and gave him a small nod.

"I-Is alright," He said in a low tone as he started coughing blood out. My eyes widen as I gesture him to stop talking with my other hand but he shakes his head. "J-Jungkook, you h-have b-been such a great r-role model t-these past y-years despite the c-circumstances," He said and my shoulder had started to be soaked with Jungkook's tears and I shake my head, wanting him to stop talking.

"T-Take g-good care of Y/N till t-the end and y-yourself and y-your love ones," He began to sit up and I force him down.

"Stop talking Lucas," I urged him and he continue shaking his head. "You'll waste your remaining energy to live!"

"Tell Yoongi that he has b-been a very g-good f-friend throughout the years and t-that I'm forever thankful to him," Lucas murmured, finding the strength to not talk in stutters.

"Lucas..." Tears stream down my eyes like raindrops sliding down the window. "I-I'm sorry. I really am," I cried out loud. "You can't die like this..."

"D-don't feel bad or apologise that I'm going to die here," He said, squeezing my hand with his. "Keep y-your h-head high and no m-matter how hopeless or u-useless you feel s-sometimes, g-grit your teeth and l-look straight ahead."

"Lucas... how can I not feel hopeless or useless when it was my fault you're like this?" I demanded as I couldn't speak properly. Both of my ears and nose were blocked from crying a lot and I can't seem to stop. The blood was pouring out a lot, slowly soaking the entire jumper I had used to stop the blood.

"Y/N... y-you have p-potential to s-save this school. I s-saw and h-heard how you capture the other murderers and s-solve the riddle. I-if you j-just die right n-now, who k-knows if there's a p-possibility of saving this s-school and f-finding someone so a-amazing like you a-again?"

Why... out of all the times, why is he saying this? What I did is all just coincidence and luck, I don't believe that I'm saving the school.

"Lucas... your death won't be forgotten," Jungkook mumbled through sniffs and Lucas nodded. I didn't know why Jungkook said that... Lucas isn't going to die... right? There's still time to call the ambulance and save him... right?

"This is my final wish," He whispered, looking at me with unblinking and trembling eyes. "Live... happily... forever," Before closing his eyes, he had given me a big smile.

He had a smile as though he didn't mind an injustice death. He had a smile as though he had lived life with no regrets. A smile that was like a ray of glowing sunshine, bringing happiness to people's life.

It was the last smile that had stabbed a hole in my heart, giving me mixed feelings of pain and grief. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thanks for reading :(

~Xin