{85} Peculiar

1:59pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"How did it go?" Jungkook asked he appeared in my view. Groaning tiredly in a soft tone, I hang my jumper on the hanging rack beside the door, and a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. From behind, Jungkook peck my neck with his thin lips and I smiled.

"It went okay," I murmured and he tilt his head to make eye contact with me.

"Don't lie, baby... your face tells me everything. Is anything wrong?" He asked and I shook my head. There wasn't anything wrong... I was still traumatised by Sehun's words. That's it.

"Don't press on her Jungkook," Yoongi piped in and I looked over my shoulder and Jungkook's forearm at him. He was tilting his neck from side to side to stretch. "The interrogation was a success. Is just that he couldn't shut up, that's it."

"Yeah, what he said," I force a cheerful smile to reassure Jungkook who was giving me a look of doubt. "Anyways... let's just all go to our seats and discuss some stuff, you know?" I said, slowly removing his hands from me as I began walking to my seat.

Sliding onto it, I sighed tiredly, caressing my head. Man, the interrogation had given me a headache... I want to sleep.

Yerim who was sitting beside me, poke me on the shoulder to get my attention and I frowned at her. "You didn't call him hot this time right?" She asked innocently and I rolled my eyes as I let my hair fall over my right shoulder, making a dark curtain between us. I could hear Jimin whispering to her to stop her nuisance and from the corner of my eyes, Jungkook was scowling at her.

"Yerim, I was joking when I called him hot," I murmured. "Is not a big deal anyway." I began to sit up as everyone had taken their spot.

"How did the interrogation go?" Jimin questions and I decided to let Yoongi answer as I couldn't be bothered.

"The interrogation went fine, there wasn't much to say," Yoongi said and the rest nodded. "But like, I wanted to ask them what their main goal was because the principal's prediction is quite vague."

"The principal may be right though. What if their main goal is to take over the school and find the valuable item?" Jimin guesses and Jungkook shook his head.

"My dad isn't sure Jimin, he's just guessing," Jungkook replied, flexing his shoulders to stretch them.

"Even if the principal was right, what do the serial killings got to do with anything?" Yerim wondered as it doesn't exactly make sense.

"Maybe those who had died got in their way? Or possibly had pissed them off? Or had broken one of their rules they made for themselves?" Yoongi answered in a reluctant tone.

"Even if they did, how could they just kill them brutally?" I asked, sighing in disgust at their actions.

"Because it is what it is," Jimin simply answered and I wrinkled my nose.

"This isn't something to be taken lightly of Jimin. Additionally, we have been the ones catching the murderers one by one- where are the authorities?" Yoongi questions and I shrugged.

"On holiday and acting like they matter," Jungkook answered obnoxiously with hate in his tone and I giggled quietly.

"Yeah, for real. But like, there's one thing I don't understand. How come the same things keep repeating over and over?" I asked, clasping my hands together.

"Exactly, none of the cases we collected have ever been resolved. It doesn't give us extra clues or answers to search for reasons why they are doing this to our school," Jungkook replied, brushing his chin with a hand.

"It sounds pretty peculiar but the CROWS have been around the school for about 3 years now and strangely, there's still hardly any information on them anywhere," Yerim explained which I find it quite hard to believe. They have to at least find some stuff right?? The murderers can't be that good...

"That is true. Even though we've caught five of them, there's still more of them out there. Like, who are they? Where do they operate from? Their attack patterns? Tactics? Nothing. It feels like the information is being withheld from us. And even the school news keeps repeating the same facts over again." Jimin sighed sadly, hunching his shoulders in disappointment.

"So, the theories we came up with... could it actually be correct?" Yerim contemplated and I didn't have an answer.

"I've been watching this happen for 3 whole years. So, I think-"

"We can't jump to conclusions yet," I interrupted, crossing my arms. "But I think it's safe to assume, that the authorities have no intention of going after the CROWS." Yerim, Yoongi, and Jimin stared at me like I just said something unbelievably stupid but Jungkook nodded in agreement.

"I agree with Y/N," Jungkook murmured, passing me a joyful look. "When my mother passed away, the investigator who came to deliver the news assured me that they would find the culprit in no time," Jungkook started folding his arms. "I put my complete faith into him but when weeks had gone by, the authorities never got back to me. I tried calling them for an update, and when I did, they would just hang up on me."

He pouted sadly, scratching his nose and passing a hand over the nape of his neck. "I even visited them at the station. The people there just told me I was a nuisance and kicked me out... and now here we are," Jungkook finished, exhaling in distress. " Other people and my mother's death, was completely forgotten like they were irrelevant. They don't care about these people at all... so I want to find the crows and punish them for what they did."

"That seems quite unlikely now, seeing as they're untraceable-"

"Actually... I did come up with an idea," Jungkook interrupted Jimin, his mouth slowly forming into a smile. " You see, if is impossible to find the CROWS myself, I'll just have them come after me instead. After all, we were allowed to go."

"You can't be serious right!? This involves real death! Are you out of your mind!?" Yoongi yelled out loud, scolding Jungkook sternly but he glowered back at Yoongi. "With people way more powerful than all of us! I can't believe you're even considering this."

"Yoongi, calm down!" Yerim shouted, slamming a hand on the table to get his attention. "The reason all of us agreed to help Jungkook was because if he did it himself, he's going to get himself kill! The 8 of us have a way better chance of succeeding than him going it alone!"

"Yerim is right, Yoongi! If we don't help Jungkook, he might die!" Jimin declared and I raised my eyebrows at the words he had chosen to say. I wish Jimin had exaggerated but it was just the harsh truth. "I know Jungkook's decision may be a little risky but I'm with him! Because Taehyung is in their hands." Jimin started explaining. "The longer we wait, Taehyung might die and more victims will get themselves involved which means more deaths will occur."

"And the crows aren't just going to turn themselves in. Even though I suspected a particular person being the leader, I can't just say it with no proof." Jungkook mumbled and I beamed at him. He's been thinking for a while... so I'm sure they've found answers throughout the three years I wasn't with them.

"Alright... fine. But we need to discuss it with the others before starting our last and final mission of saving Taehyung," Yoongi said and all of us nodded.

"Not gonna lie, we still have two days left. Let's discuss our plan to save Taehyung today. Additionally, I feel like we should also rest and get our energy back to prepare ourselves for tomorrow or the day after. Do we all agree?" Jungkook asked and for the last time, we nodded.

It was great how the discussion had ended this way- I swear it would've ended with Yoongi and Jungkook arguing...

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin