{144} My love

1:22pm

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

"Y/N...?" His eyes blazed with confusion and he started blinking repeatedly to see if his vision was right. I would've laughed since he was acting like that but seeing him all pale and tired just hurts me. I ran towards him, wrapping my arms around him but all I felt is coldness.

He didn't hug me back, either because he was stunned to see me or he was lost for words.

"Let's go guys, give them some private time," I heard Yerim whispering to the others as she started ushering them away, letting us have our own time. I wanted to smile at her to thank her but I didn't get to as I wanted to warm Jungkook up.

Assuming that the others had left to go to their own room, Jungkook wrapped his arms around me. I could tell his eyes were welling up with tears since my head felt wet. I couldn't help myself as tears began pouring down my eyes and I was slowly soaking his shirt with my tears.

With his arms wrapped around me, he slowly dragged me into our dormitory and as I hear the door close behind us, I lift my head to look up at him and he leaned down to connect our lips together. His lips were chapped and dry but he traces his tongue on both our lips. Leaning back, he cupped my face with both of his hands, using his thumbs to wipe the tears off my face.

"Don't cry, baby, I'm sorry," He said, sniffing between his words. "I love you," He said. "I love you, Y/N. I love you so much."

"I love you too," I replied and he guided me over to our previous shared bed and I notice it was a mess. The bedsheets were not properly lined up but were creased. The blanket was similar but I didn't care as I placed myself down onto the bed. He brought me towards his lap and this time, I cupped his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked anxiously looking at the eyebags and his red eyes. "You didn't get any sleep?"

"I couldn't... the doctors said they would get back to me but they never did so I eventually waited till I get their call. But nothing," He complained pouting sadly as he removes my hand from his face. "I didn't get anything and I thought... I thought-" He was about to sob out loud when I raised a finger at him.

"Don't start crying, alright?" I say. "I'm already here, I'm not gonna go anywhere," I reassured him, staring into his eyes as I could tell he was trying to hold back his tears. "If you cry, I'll leave you to rot here," I said and his eyes widen. "Hehe, I'm just joking! Don't worry, I'll never do that!"

"You're still the same..." He replied and I smiled.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I questioned and an amused smile crept upon his face.

"Is definitely a good thing," He leans in to connect our lips again but stopped when I open my mouth.

"I'm sorry... for nearly breaking my promise and making you upset," I replied, averting my eyes from him.

"Don't be sorry. I'm the one that should be sorry," He said, pushing his hair backward. "I'm sorry that I broke my promise too..." He said, intertwining his hands with mine. "By the way, I wanted you to know that I'm thankful for everything. You were always there for me when I needed someone and I also want you to know how much I love you."

"Same for you," I replied with a cheerful smile. "I was able to smile and live because of you, thank you. I'm glad I found someone like you to rely on. Anyways, after my eyes closed, I felt like I was floating on shallow water because I can't float on deep water," I replied and Jungkook frowned at me.

"What?"

"Is that how death is??" I wondered. "Isn't death like where you have to cross a bridge or something?"

"Hey, we're not in a K-drama- are you talking about Hotel Del Luna?" Jungkook questioned and my jaw drop open as I was surprised that he knew about that drama.

"Yo- I didn't know you watch K-dramas!" I replied and he shrugged.

"That's because my favourite singer- IU, is in the K-drama. Do you blame me?" He questioned and I laughed. "I really like her voice..." His voice trailed off and I smirked.

"If I sang like a dying donkey, would you prefer mine or hers?" I asked him and he answered with another enigmatic smile.

"You, of course. I'll rather spend listening to your horrible voice than to someone I've never met before. I'm just a fan," His honest and unpredictable statement made me smile like an idiot and I scoffed to stop myself from blushing too much.

"I'm flattered," I murmured, smiling happily. "You'll rather listen to a donkey sing than a celebrity?"

"Of course," He pulls me towards him and touches our nose together. "I'll choose anything over you, even if is the principal."

I was about to smile like an idiot when he connect our lips together, surprising me with his unpredictable moves. 

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Thank you for reading!

~Xin