💎The Beautiful Oppressor: The Board Game Club: Part 34💎

3rd POV

<<Board Game Club's Booth>>

Next was the Board Game Club. It was held at the Lecture Hall. There was a somewhat familiar flame haired male setting something up for the booth.

"Ugghhh, there's only two hours left until my research presentation.... I've tried every technique under the sun to calm my racing heart down, but it's not working at all." They muttered to themselves. This male is Idia Shroud, a member of the Board Game Club, and Dorm Head of Ignihyde. "For starters, why the heck do I have to take to the podium in person? That's such a high hurdle. Wouldn't a video chat with a digital avatar be just fine? My voice synth software is perfect, but could I really pull of typing up Q&A answers in real time without looking? While standing in front of people."

"There's some guy sitting in the corner muttering to himself, y'know." Grim said, pointing to Idia.

"... Idia, what are you doing over there?" Riddle asked the flamed hair boy.

"Buwaahhh! Professor Riddle! What're you doing here?!" Idia yelped out.

"Huh?" Professor?" Riddle blankly look at Idia.

"Ah, n-n-nevermind. Just talking to myself." Idia stuttered out.

"Are you all prepared to give your presentation on stage?" Riddle asked.

"Th-There's no need at all for you to worry. Just you watch. Hee hee." Idia said to Riddle.

"Oh? Alright." Riddle nodded. "There are so many topics within the area of magical tool engineering that you specialize in that are fascinating. I'm looking forward to your presentation."

"A-A-Anyway, I'm up to my eyes with last minute checks. If you're looking to play board games then go find Ortho." Idia stuttered out.

"Riddle Rosehearts. Trey Clover. Y/n Wonderlin. Grim, Hooty, Owlbert. Hello to you!" Soon, Ortho came and greeted them. "Welcome to the board game club exhibition booth! You can play a variety of board games booth new and old from all over the world here with the club members. On top of that, you can test out the magically powered game my brother made, VR Magical Sugoroku!" (A/n: Sugoroku is a type of Japanese board game, originally from China, that is, in this version, kind of like snakes and ladders.)

"What's VR Magical Sugoroku?" Trey asked.

"It definitely sounds fun, y'know!" Grim said.

"Put on the magic-powered VR goggles my brother developed... Then the wearer can enter the world of virtual reality." Ortho explained briefly. "The players roll the dice to advance around the game board and can take part in a bunch of virtual events. And of course, the dice is powered by an algorithm that makes sure every roll is random! There's no way for you to use some special technique to get the number you want. Entrust your fate to the roll of the dice, then defeat monsters in the jungle, or dig for oil in the middle of the desert, all while racing to the goal. That is the fresh and novel game, VR Magical Sugoroku!"

"So is that really.... A board game?" Trey sweat dropped a bit.

"It's a video game." Y/n said tilting her head.

"Oh, are you curious? Then please give it a try." Ortho said to Y/n and Trey with smiling eyes. (A/n: since his mouth isn't visible and all.)

"Thanks. Unfortunately, we're in the middle of going around to all the booths. Can I come back later give it the time it deserves?" Trey said to Ortho.

"Maybe once everything is done and over with, I'll see if I can have a round or two." Y/n said to Ortho with a kind smile.

"Oh really? That's a shame. Then I'll see you later!" Ortho said smiling.

"Well now, everyone, welcome to our Board Game Club Exhibition booth." Soon, Azul came into the room.

"Azul. Oh that's right, you're in the Board Game Club too." riddle said, turning to the silver haired male. "I had thought that on an event day like today, that you'd be hard at work at Mostro Lounge."

"Come now, Riddle. I'm a student too you know. I plan to take part in the culture festival as a member of a culture club." Azul said to Riddle. "For this event, I made sure to make arrangements to get some people with excess free time... I mean members of the Sports Clubs. Besides the shop, we'll also have people going through the stands at the different stages selling drinks to the audience." Riddle just blankly looks at Azul. "The centerpiece of this year's culture festival will obviously be VDC, happening on the Purple Stage."

"Whoa... You sure thought this all through. I can learn a thing or two." Trey said to Azul.

"Including myself as the dorm head and Jade as vice dorm head, there are many members of Octavinelle that belong to culture clubs." Azul said. "There is a good chance that the longe will be flooded with guests beyond what we're able to handle."

"That reminds me, Jade created a club of his own and is running it all by himself, isn't he?" Riddle asked Azul. "The Mountain Lovers' Association. He applied to host a booth this year. From the sound of the name, I thought it was a kind of sports club, but it's a culture club."

"By the way, what exactly does he do in that club?" Trey asked.

"Who knows... I don't know the details, either." Azul shrugged lightly.

"That scary guy put it together, so I bet its activities are just as scary." Grim huffed out. "He's gotta be digging up freaky things in the mountains, and burying suspicious stuff, y'know."

"I could see Jade doing that. We should go see what his booth is like." Riddle said to the others. "His booth application was accepted, but he could be up to no good."

"Yes, you should go see what he's doing. I'm sure he's be delighted." Azul said with a smile.

"That's unsettling." Y/n muttered out as she backs away from Azul a bit. Azul felt that through his soul but chose to ignore it.

"I'm sure he's swimming in free time since he's all by his lonesome." Azul said to the others. They nodded and soon left.

"Eh? Azul? Are you okay?" Idia asked when he saw Azul shake a bit.

"I'm not sure." Azul mumbled out with his head hung low. What Y/n muttered out sure took a toll on his pride a bit.

To Be Continued~

A/n
First chapter of the new book! I'mma start speedrunning writing. >:3