🎃 Pumpkin Knight: Part 42🎃

3rd POV
".... I see. So you know about the Pumpkin Knight." Ortho hummed out, hiding his frustration towards the Magicam Monsters. "Then, have you heard of this story before? It's a pretty famous talk among Otaku.... 'Pumpkin Hollow' is based on a true story."

"True Story?" The two Boys muttered out. One was skeptical and the other believed in what Ortho had said.

"Yep." Ortho nodded. "A long time ago, the spirit of an abandoned Jack-o'-lantern possessed a Knight... There was this one incident that a family gets turned into a pumpkin when they're eating! The Pumpkin Ghost must be envious of the food since no one wants to eat the Pumpkin Ghost when it's still a healthy plant. It is said that the scary Pumpkin Knight will appear on this island! They managed to defeat the Pumpkin Knight and buried him under this Library. That's why we're not allowed to eat or drink here, because the Pumpkin Knight will get angry if he sees humans eating happily."

"Ahaha! Do you believe that story~!? You're so cute." One of the Boys burst out laughing, not believing the story Ortho has told them.

"The spirit of an abandoned Jack-o'-lantern and humans turning into pumpkins...." The other Boy muttered softly. "That's impossible ~! It's not going to happen, don't worry!" The two Boys continued to drink and eat as Ortho sighed.

"But I don't think so... Oh!" Ortho yelped out. "Hey! Did you hear some strange noises?"

"Eh?" The Boys turned to Ortho with a confused look on their faces. A faint sound of rattling armor was heard.

"Indeed.... I hear it too. It sounds like something metallic is dragging along the floor...." One of the Boys gulped nervously. The metallic sound was heard as it draws closer to them.

"The noise is getting closer to us." The other Boy muttered.

"Which Pumpkin is not allowed to eat?" Someone groaned out. And soon enough, they appeared right infront of them. "The answer is me! A sad monster, the Pumpkin Knight!"

"UWAH!?" The Boys jumped out of their seats and stumbled back.

"What is wrong with this guy!? Suddenly appearing out of nowhere.... He's wearing armour....?" One of the Boys froze as he realized something.

"UWAH!! It's the Pumpkin Knight!!!" Ortho screamed out.

".... This is Pumpkin Knight? For real!?" The other Boy yelped out. (A/n: sorry to ruin the mood but all I hear is Ryuji from Persona 5 saying "For Real!?")

"Nah, I didn't actually watch the movie before so I have no idea...." The other Boy muttered out.

"D-Don't just stand still, you must run away!" Ortho stuttered out, pointing to the exit. "Or else.... The Pumpkin Knight will begin his revenge!"

"IT'S TOO LATE!!!!" The Pumpkin Knight shouted, his voice echoing around the room. "Hahahahaha.... You sinful humans. You're so unlucky on meeting me! The sorrow and pain I've been through.... You guys will soon understand it!" Suddenly, blue flames erupted around the Library, making the Magicam Monsters panic.

"What- the Library is burning! This is bad!" One of the Boys yelped out.

"What is this- blue fire!?" The other added.

"This is the hellfire of the other world.... I'll turn you guys into Pumpkins and let you suffer the same thing as me!" The Pumpkin Knight cackled. "Now crawl over me, the dark vine! Catch those humans!"

"T-The vine is aiming towards us!" Own of the Boys stuttered out.

"UWAH, HELP ME! THE VINE IS GRABBING MY LEG!" Ortho shouted as he was dragged away by the vine. "I DON'T WANT TO GO THERE!"