💀Backstory: Part 56💀

3rd POV
"It's not like that... I'm just curious about the story of my Dorm Leader and Vice Dorm Leader." Epel huffed out.

"I remembered I talked to Vil when he was reading a script in the courtyard. Under a beautiful afternoon light, the way Vil sat on the bench elegantly looks like a beautiful painting." Rook muttered softly. "I got so nervous when I talked to him."

"You're lying, you don't seem like you were nervous at all. And I can never forget the first word you say to me..." Vil sighed out. "Hey! I just saw your performance a few days ago. I've seen many of your performances before, all of them are very impressive! But this time your acting as a villain is truly amazing! There are not many people who can perfectly play the role of someone awful who is oppressive, cold, and hysteric!" Vil told what Rook had said to him when they first met. "That was our first meeting."

"W-Wow...." Epel didn't know to say.

"And I thought my first impressions were bad." Y/n muttered softly. "Is he complementing or insulting......?"

"Ooh-la-la... But I thought it was the best complement ever." Rook muttered out.

"Even so, you're foo straightforward. That time I looked at you and thought, 'Who is this rude guy?'." Vil mumbled out.

"Well, it can't be helped... I guess." Epel muttered out.

"After that, even though I didn't respond to him, he would come to see me..." Vil mumbled out. "He talk about his thoughts of my performance then went back on his own. It includes both good and bad impressions. At first, I thought he was just someone arrogant who pretends to be an advisor. But I realized something about his thoughts... Or should I say, his opinion was somewhat observant." Vil hummed softly as he recalled what Rook had said to him. "Hey! I watched your latest musical theatre. The last scene where you realized you lost the one you love, that expression was amazing. Hey! I noticed your acting in this performance seems more stuff than last performance, what happened? At that time, he will still judge the part that even I thought I did pretty well... I was just doing what the director told me to do, and even some part that I can't really accept. He will always guess the right reason for it. Something like, 'Are you satisfied with the last scene? It doesn't seem like that to me though'. And I ask him, 'How will you play the last scene if the actor was you?' And then... It takes five hours for him to finish his talk."

"F-Five hours!?" Epel stuttered out.

"What the fu...?" Y/n muttered under her breath.

"It was a truly meaningful time." Rook said with a smile. "Not only Vil's performance, we also discuss about the drama, the show and the script that we both watched.... When I realized that I was already passed the dorm curfew, so I immediately sneak back to my dorm."

"I'm pretty sure I know more about art and drama more than anyone my age." Vil mumbled out. "But, Rook's knowledge makes me realized I'm no match to him. To be honest, I couldn't understand half of the things he said and I got so frustrated."

"You're not the same with me, I just have many free time for myself ever since I was a little kid." Rook said to Vil.

"After that, I would always talk to Rook at the courtyard after school." Vil said with a smile.

The conversation was very exciting that we ended up catching a cold during winter." Rook chuckled softly.

"Hahaha! So you guys had a moment like that too." Epel laughed. "But, why would you guys talk at the outside during winter? You guys belong to the same dorm anyway, you could have return to the dorm to talk."

"Ah! I was still the dorm student of Savanaclaw back then." Rook said.

"Oh, Rook-San was a Savanaclaw.... Eh!?" Epel yelped out.

"What the actual fuck!?" Y/n was not expecting Rook being a Savanaclaw resident before. "Did you just say, 'I was still the dorm student of Savanaclaw'!? What do you mean by that!?"

"It's... Oh! Everyone look. We've reach the door of the next Asylum." Rook said.

"You're right. Let's stop the conversation for now." Vil hummed out.

"E-Eh!? W-Wait! Please wait! I'm curious a out the continuation of Rook-San Story!" Epel stuttered out.

"Hahaha! I can tell you as much as you want. If only we could get through the next Asylum safely." Rook laughed.

".....! That's right, the deeper the layer, the more dangerous the Phantom is..." Epel muttered out.

"Yes, it won't be the same as before. Besides, we never know Ortho's next move." Vil hummed out. "We should be cautious." Now entering the Asylum, they've noticed the atmosphere is a lot heavier than the last Asylum. It was chilling to the bone.

"Now... How will Ortho-Kun show up?" Rook muttered softly.

"Ah.... I-I hear someone here! Did the security team came to rescue me!?"

"Who is it!?" Vil gasped out.

"Please don't attack me! I'm just a researcher... I can't fight!"

"A 'S.T.Y.X' Researcher!" Y/n pointed towards their direction. "How was the Main Office? Is the 'Cerberus System' back to normal?" The Staff asked.

"Oh, what happened go you!? You're being tied and blindfolded, I'll release you now." Rook said as he approached the Researcher. Taking off the Researcher's blindfolded, the Researcher's eyes adjusted to the light in the room. "Y-You are... The experiment Subject that was taken from Night Raven Collage, and the people who invaded the island...."

"Yes, that's right. I'm Subject E, Vil Schöenheit." Vil hummed out. "And this is the main culprit of the rare case that happens in the Land of Grief, Rook."

"Why are you guys here?" The Staff asked.

"I won't go through all the details, but we are heading to the Underworld to end this situation. And you, why are you here?" Vil asked.

"We received the information of a sudden emergency happening, so I was heading to the escape terminal with the other staffs... And the Charon caught me!" The Staff explained briefly. "They take me over here and detain me after taking my ID Card away. The Charon put the ID Card in one of these cages and he left me alone in this place...."

"I see..." Rook muttered softly. "So this is what Ortho-Kun means by, 'I'll place an NPC Guide at the next entrance.'"

"That bastard... Does he even have to put someone defenseless at a dangerous place just for that reason!?" Epel growled out. His accent was more noticable.

"The cages in this Asylum keep unfreezing, and I heard the sound of Phantoms moving... So I thought it's over for me....!" The Staff whimpered out.

"It's too early to be relieved. We need to hurry up and find the ID Card, if we get surrounded by the Phantoms then it's game over." Vil said to the Staff.

"Do you know which cave did the Charon put the ID Card in?" Epel asked.

"I was blindfolded all the time, so I'm not really sure." The Staff muttered out. "But, judging from the voice of the Phantoms when they opened the cage.... I think it's not a beast or crustacean."

"Could you point us where the ID Card could be in?" Y/n said to the Staff as he nodded.

"..... There's a high possibility that it's being kept in one of those cages that has the number 800 or more." The Staff pointed to the back wall.

"Okay. Please hide somewhere safe until we find the ID Card." Vil said to the Staff.

"O-Okay." The Staff nodded as he goes off to hide.

"We have fought with many different kinds of Phantoms until now.... But I just know that Phantoms also have different species such as beasts and crustaceans. Very interesting." Rook hummed out.

"Ugh, please stop looking so excited for this...." Epel muttered out.

"Curiosity kills the cat, Rook." Vil sighed out. "... Well then, let's get ready and start looking for the ID Card."

To Be Continued~