💀Family Curse: Part 25💀

3rd POV
"Thanks to that, it causes a lot of trouble for all the descendants. Now this is what it means to have no dreams and hope." Idia sighed out. "The head of our family thought that if phantoms disappear from this world, we will be free from this gloomy place and the role as the Keeper. That's why they keep working hard on Blot research.... Well, as you can see, we're still here.... I used to think that, 'If I cast the same curse on all the humans in this world, then everything will be solved!' But when I start to analyze the curse on myself... I realized something after 3 minutes of analyzing. The curse that keeps burning the Blot inside our body. What will it burn after the Blot is gone?"

"The source of the Blot, our magic power.... Right?" Ortho mumbled out.

"Yes!" Idia exclaimed. "If we stop producing Blots, it will be a debuff that consumes MP as long as we're still living. If it only burned the accumulated Blot, the Shroud Family should be a cheerful, happy hero group with powerful magic power. But my grandmother and dad keep supplying their magic power with Magical Devices, and it's even the super downer type of negative thinking. At this point, we will know the 'curse' is the worst thjng ever...... I was so clueless back then." Ortho couldn't help but feel sorry for his brother. "Our bodies that keep burning the Blot.... The only suitable job for us js to manage the grave of phantoms that's full of negative energy, 'The Underworld'. It's the best curse ever! As expected from the ancient curse that statted from the 'Age of the Gods'. Of course I can't do anything about it."

"..... You're a genius." Ortho mumbled out. "So if you did your best, you might be able to change this situation!"

"Well, I'm pretty clever, I guess. But..." Idia sighed. "I can't dk anything about something that even my ancestors couldn't even do, it's useless to do my best for it. ..... Besides, you haven't forgotten about, that right? What happened to 'Ortho' when we tried to get out of this place...."

"That's...." Ortho mumbled under his breath.

"My fate has been decided since I was born. I have no other choice but to live with the Ghosts in this dark and gloomy place." Idia muttered out, closing his eyes shut. "If we give up on this task, and the phantoms that were sealed in 'Tartaros' got released to the ground.... The world will return to chaos again. Then I won't be able tk see the continuation of my favorite manga and the live performances of 'Gakemo'.... I won't have the time to play games anymore. We already don't have dreams and hope in the real world, but if I can't support my favorite characters anymore, it's the worst of the worst. And... I don't have the courage to press the reset button that my ancestors collected bit by bit. Haa.... The people on the ground don't even understand our hardships and they keep living happily, I'm so envious of them."

"........... It is said the King of the Underworld led the lost souls of the dead and diligently completed the task that everyone fears...." Ortho mumbled out. "But maybe he was forced tk do the work just like you."

"The King of the Underworld~? No way. But well...." Idia thought about it for a few minutes. "If what you're saying true, he would upgrade to my top favorite!" A beeping sound was heard before someone spoke out.

"Deputy Head, all of the examinations of Subjects A to E has been completed." An Operator informed Idia. "We told them to wait in their own rooms until preparation for the 'Lethe River' is completed, but there were some problems..."

"Ah, okay okay. I'm going now." Idia said to the Operator. "What did those problematic children do next?"

"..... I'm sure you candy do it." Ortho mumbled softly.

"..... Eh? Did you say something just now?" Idia turned to Ortho.

"Nope. Nothing." Ortho stammered a bit. "Let's go."