💀Dangerous Mimicry: Part 45💀

3rd POV
Entering the next Asylum carefully, they look around to see if there's anything else with them or a Phantom near by. But there's nothing but them and boxes.

"... So quiet. And it's colder than the Asylum before." Vil mumbled out, taking note of the differences.

"Maybe the Phantoms in this Asylum are still freezing." Rook mumbled out.

"I'll try to open the door with the ID Card we have!" Epel said as he rush to the next door, but access was denied. ".... It's not working. It seems like we need a new card to get through here."

"Oops... All the adventurers. Welcome to the third 'trial'!" Holographic Ortho appeared in front of them.

"Here you are, Ortho." Vil said as he takes a step forward.

"Am I late? I'm sorry, I have many things to do..." Ortho apologized. "I'll place an NPC guide at the next entrance."

"You keep fooling with us every time you appear! Just come out and fight with us already!" Epel growled out.

"I wanted to do so, but it will take some time for me to see you guys." Ortho said, a bit upset over that fact.

"Ara, you seem busy. If your hands are full of evol schemes, why don't you ask for our help?" Vil said to Ortho.

"Fufufu." Ortho chuckled softly. "Alright, I'll explain the mission that you have to clear to escape from this Asylum. And that is... 'Let's save the person in trouble!'"

"'Person jn trouble'?... But aren't there only Phantoms in this Asylum?" Rook asked with a horrified expression in his face.

"Are you sure about that? Listen carefully." Ortho said with a smirk.

"... Me.....! Help me......!"

"!!?" They all froze.

"I hear a voice! Someone is asking for help!" Y/n covered her mouth in horror.

"A Staff that has the ID Card is being trapped in one of these cages. The inside of the cage is not in a suitable temperature for humans, so.... If you don't hurry up, she might freeze to death... Fufufu!" Ortho chuckled darkly.

"What did you say!?" Vil gasped out.

"A hero must help people. Well then! Good luck everyone!" Ortho said as he soon disappeared.

"Staff-San! Please let out your voice so we can understand where you are!" Epel shouted out.

".... I'm here.... Please.....!" The Staff gasped out as she knocks on the cage's wall.

"GRRRRR!!!!!"

"!!!" They gulped nervously.

"The cages around are making a sound too!" Epel yelped out.

"This is bad. The other Phantoms have probably woken up after noticing our presence." Vil muttered out.

"The walls of these cages are pretty thick. If we could listen to the Staff voice, then that means she is not that far away from us." Rook mumbled out.

"Damnit...! If only I could use that cursed Unique Magic right now...!" Y/n cursed under her breath.

"Y/n, it's okay. We can find them in a different way." Epel whispered to Y/n as she calms down. "Let's hurry up and find it!"

"Right!" Y/n nodded. With no time to waste, everyone selects a box to open.

"Ha!" Vil's cage was easily damaged after a blast of magic.

"Wow... The solid cage is being damaged with just one hit!" Epel couldn't help but be in awe.

"This is nothing to me." Vil said with a smirk.