💀What comes next: Part 44💀

3rd POV
"In conclusion... Idia-Kun doesn't have much time either, is that right?" Rook muttered out.

"Maybe." Vil mumbled out. "Hmph... By the way, Ortho acting as a villain is pretty good. Wouldn't it be better for him to stop resetting the world and become an actor? A child actor who can perfectly play the role of a villain is very precious."

"Why don't you invite him to the Movie Club when we return to school?" Rook suggested.

"It might not be a bad idea. Now... Let's hurry!" Vil said as Rook followed behind.

"... Did we just stop during the 'Tartaros' Raid just to talk about Ortho's acting skills???" Y/n deadpanned as she and Epel follow close behind the two.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"They easily passed the second trial." Ortho mumbled out. "I know it's still the beginning, but I think I set the difficulty level too easy."

"It's okay, the 'Titans' will awake soon." Idia said reassuringly.

"It was kept in the most freezing 12th layer, but it melted very quickly." Ortho muttered out.

"As expected from the Primitive Phantoms. They are on a different level." Idia muttered out. "The unsealing of the gate of the 'Underworld' is also going well. It's easy to get in the 'Underworld', but once you go in, you can't exit from the inside. It's a one way an irreversible door... So we have to pry it open from the inside."

"Those who pass through the gate of 'Underworld' can never return to the ground.... That's the rule." Ortho added. "Everyone will be surprised if I return from the 'Underworld'. I'm so excited... Fufu... Fufufu...."

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

"Ugh... I just got a chill down my spine. This place is slowly getting to me by the minute." Y/n muttered out.

"Hmm? Something is walking at the back of the stairs." Rook mumbled out.

"The size of it... Could it be Grim-Kun? Hey! Gri-!!" Epel's mouth was covered by Rook.

"No, Epel-Kun! It's not Grim-Kun, that thing is 10cm shorter than him!" Rook whispered to Epel.

'Hunters are scary.' Y/n thought to herself.

"It's running really fast towards here. Get ready!" Vil commands as they get ready for a fight. But it was over in a blink of an eye after Y/n basically punts the thing with Owlbert's Staff into the bottomless pit.

"I-It wasn't Grim-Kun at all..." Epel stuttered out.

"Really, be careful not to dk such a thing again." Vil sighed out.

"We have encountered more phantoms at the outside of the Asylum. It seems like the lower floor is starting to melt too." Rook muttered out.

"I wonder where Grim-Kun is. I hope be hasn't been attacked by the Phantoms...." Epel mumbled out.

"... Or anyone else...." Y/n whispered under her breath, clutching the Staff in her gloved hands.

"Don't worry, he is more brave and celever than hkw be looks. I'm sure he's hiding somewhere to escape from the danger." Rook said to them reassuringly.

"If I hit a tuna can with a fork, I feel like he will rush over here immediately." Vil mumbled out.

"But he isn't a cat.... Pft- hahaha! You're right. I should have brought his favorite tuna can." Y/n laughed out, remembering her fond memories with Grim back at Ramshackle.

"Speaking of this, back at the 'S.T.Y.X' main office, you said you never met Grim-Kun for once here." Epel said, turning to Vil

"Yes, I don't even know he was here until you guys told me." Vil nodded. "Maybe... They suspect that the reason he attached Y/n was caused by the effect of Blot. If he was originally going to be released with us tomorrow morning.... It means the relation between Grim's violence after the VDC and Blot may not be confirmed."

"Grim is a magical beast. No matter how tame he is, a beast can suddenly become wild again." Rook mumbled out. "You can't prevent it from happening, because they were born with such an instinct. But it's the same with humans toom our sense of reason is like a fragile and unreliable thin ice. Which is why, Y/n-San... When Grim-Kun attacked you... It's most likely not 'his'- I mean, 'it's' intention."

"I know that. I have my own fair share of experiences with beasts. I mean, I do like near a mountain side after all." Y/n chuckled lightly.

"Right? Y/n-San spends more time with Grim-Kun than anyone else in the school." Epel said with a smile. "Because you guys are two as one student. I hope we can meet him soon."

"....." Y/n smiled softly and gave a small nod.

"By the way, Y/n-San. Did Grim-Kun take good care of his nails?" Rook asked. "Even for house cats that have a body length of around 50cm, if you don't take care of their nails, the long nails may hurt others unexpectedly." Y/n just gave Rook a deadpan stare. "Grim is a 70cm Magical Beast. If he lives with humans, then taking care of his own nails is even more important."

"The importance of nail care doesn't only apply to beasts but also to humans." Vil added. "If you grow your nails not for fashion purposes but because you're lazy, then it's not the question. It looks bad, and above all, it's dirty. Just because your nails are trimmed perfectly, the cleanliness and polishing of it is different. You should take good care of your nails too, Y/n. In fact, you should come over Pomefiore every once in a while to get yourself a manicure."

'I want to say that we're still in a middle of a Raid, but I can't muster up the courage to do so. They seem to be enjoying themselves so why ruin in for them?' Y/n thought to herself.

"Fufufu, when I became Vil's friend, the first thing he pointed out was my nails." Rook chuckled out.

"Because when it comes to your hand, not only you had callus on it of pulling the bowstring, there were cracks and splits... It's just very bad." Vil sighed out

"I usually wear gloves, so I didn't notice it." Rook mumbled out. "But you told me that, 'I should pay more attention to the place where I can't see'."

"By the way, how did you guys meet each other?" Epel asked.

"I was wondering the same thing. I got curious about it when you mentioned something about how you two met just before those Charons attacked Ramshackle." Y/n added.

"When you were talking about it at the Ramshackle Dorm, the Charons broke in and I couldn't listen to it until the end, so I was curious about it...." Epel mumbled out.

"Oh... Speaking of this, I did say that before." Vil hummed out. "But it's not a big deal though."

"It would be awkward to walk silently, so please..." Y/n said to Vil. Her curiosity was leaking out as she radiated with a pleasant aura of wonder.

"Is that so?" Vil sighed softly as he caved in. "... Then I'll talk about it. The first time I talked to Rook was a few months after we entered the school. The first impression wasn't good... Ah. Look, it's the door of the next Asylum."

"EHHHHHHH!? But you just start talking!!" Epel and Y/n yelped out.

"Rather than my small talk, it's more important to get through all the asylums and reach the 'Underworld'!" Vil said to the two. "... I mean, sorry to break your expectations, but it's really just a simple story. If you're fine with that, I'll tell you after we get through the next Asylum safely. And by the way, Y/n. Try not to punt those Phantoms towards our direction."

"Haha... Sorry."

To Be Continued~