💎Ugly: Part 41💎

3rd POV
"Roi d'or! What are you doing here?" Rook yelped out in shock. "Y/n, Grim, Hooty, and Owlbert are here too."

"Kalim, why'd you knock that glass bottle right out of Rook's hands like that?!" Hooty and Grim asked the boy.

"I-I made it in time!" Kalim huffed out.

"Why are you all..." Vil muttered out. Soon, something was happening.

*Bubbles*

*Gurgles*

"Ffgna?! The apple y that spilled all over the floor is starting to bubble and turn a poisonous green color, y'know!" Grim yelped out as he jumped into Y/n's arms to avoid the nasty liquid.

"This juice has a curse put on it by Vil's Unique Magic, didn't it?" Kalim muttered out.

"What now?!" Grim and Hooty yelped out.

"He tried to curse his rival?" Hooty gulped.

"I got a really bad feeling when I saw your expression after we watched Neige's rehearsal. It looked eerily similar to the face Jamil made during the break right before he went berserk." Kalim said, turning to Vil.

"......." Vil stayed deadly silent however. But then he turned to Rook. "... Rook. Why did you try to drink it? I'm sure you knew that you wouldn't be all fine and dandy if you drank that..." Vil asked.

"Because I wanted to trust you. You, who works more earnestly else and is always aiming for even greater heights." Rook answered. "And trust that you would never do anything foolish that would tarnish your beauty... But at the same time, if you really had put a curse on that apple juice, then I wanted to try it." Vil's eyes grew wide. "The taste of a poisonous fruit from one who is driven mad by their fixation on beauty."

"Do you hear yourself, Rook?! Something like that is out of the question!" Kalim said to Rook.

"......." Vil stayed silent once again. His vision growing more and more dark.

"Hey, Vil, do you have any idea how stupid the stunt you just tried to pull is?!" Kalim said, turning to Vil. ""We have to put on a show that makes all who come after us look nothing but potatoes.". Isn't that what you told us?! Those were your words, but..."

"Hah.... Ah hah hah... I'm the one.... Who wants to know that most of all..." Vil muttered out. "But I realized something. THAT WE HAD NO CHANCE OF WINNING!!!" Vil yelled out loud. The sudden yell made everyone flinch. "So that's why I.... I.... Why I decided to take care of Neige myself.....!"

*Bubbles*

*Gurgle*

In a heartbeat, the spilt poisoned apple juice turned into a toxic purple mist.

"Ffgna?! The heck? The juice that spilled on the floor is starting to move again?!" Grim yelped out. "I-It's spreading a across the floor, y'know!"

"What's this smoke?! I-It's getting.... Hard to.... Breathe!" Kalim coughed out.

"Everyone, don't breath the smoke in!" Rook said, turning to the others. "Vil's Unique Magic is "Fairest One Of All"! With it, he can put a curse on an object. This mist is from the cursed juice turning into gas. The moment you breathe it in your body will start to succumb to paralysis. But can he really manipulate a single bottle of juice to transform to this extent?" Rook soon gasped. "He can't be!"

"Oh no...." Y/n mumbled as she holds onto Grim tightly as she covers her mouth and nose.

"Please, don't look at me... Don't look at me like that!" Vil shrieks out. "Why? I wanted to be the most beautiful in the entire world, but why and it this..... Ugly, ugly, UGLY!!!"