Derek

Stiles's POV

I ran up the steps onto Erica's porch and started pounding on the door, ringing the doorbell at the same time. Her dad answered, an obvious look of worry in his eyes.

"Hello Stiles. Have you seen Erica?"

"No. That's what I came here to ask you, actually. So, she didn't come home?"

"No, she's been gone since yesterday. I thought she was with you."

"I'll go check with Sophie." I lied, feeling sorry for the poor man.

"Thank you Stiles. Please, if you see her, tell her we're not upset with her. Tell her we love her and want her to come home."

"I will. Bye Mr. Reyes."

I ran back to my car, calling Scott as I started the engine.

"Stiles, was she there?"

"No. Her dad hasn't seen her since the hospital. What are we gonna do?"

"Sophie said she knows how to track her."

"How?"

"I don't know! She hasn't answered my texts in like an hour."

"Where are you? I'll come pick you up."

"I'm at the old Hale house."

"I'm on my way."

Scott's POV

I sighed in frustration as I sent Sophie another text asking where she was.

"Scott."

I turned to see Derek sitting on the stairs, Erica lounging behind him.

"Erica!"

"Hi Scott." She raised her hand in a wave, smiling. "Was that Stiles on the phone?"

"Erica, we've been worried sick about you."

"Why? No one cared before."

"Yes we did! Stiles did, I did, Sophie did! We still do."

She scoffed, shaking her head slowly. "You guys didn't care about me. You...put up with me because you felt sorry for me. I was just the freak who had seizures and you threw me a pity party."

"That's not true!"

"Enough!" Derek snapped, his eyes flashing red. Erica immediately backed down, looking away. "Scott, I don't think we've been introduced properly. I'm Derek Hale, the Alpha of this pack. Your Alpha."

"My Alpha?"

"Yes, your Alpha. I was the one that bit you."

"You did this to me? Why? My life was finally going somewhat good. I had just met a girl I really liked, lacrosse was just starting to pick up, I was getting better grades, why did you have to ruin it?" I yelled, curling my hands into fists.

"Oh my God. Erica!" a new voice shouted as something bumped into my shoulder. Stiles continued running, pushing passed Derek to tackle Erica in a hug. "Scott, why is Derek Hale here?" Stiles asked, lifting his head, although his arms stayed around Erica.

"Derek is our Alpha." Erica said proudly, smiling.

"Derek's a werewolf?"

"Stiles, babe, keep up. Yes, he's a werewolf."

"Scott? You're part of his pack too? When did that happen?"

"It didn't. I still need to think about that." I muttered, taking a few steps away from Derek as he shot a glare at me.

"There is no thinking required. I bit you, I'm the only Alpha in the entire state, I'm your Alpha. End of discussion."

"Why do I need an Alpha?"

"Your girl."

"What about her?"

"You want to protect her, right?"

"Yeah, of course. Why do you keep avoiding my questions?"

"There are a lot of bad things in this world, Scott. Things you couldn't even begin to imagine. You need to be strong if you want to protect her. And if you want to be at the top of your game, you need a pack. I'm offering you a pack, I'm offering you shelter for full moons, I'm offering you training, I'm offering you knowledge, you'd be an idiot to decline."

"Look, can I just think about it? It's kind of a big decision."

"Well think quickly, Scott because time is running out. The hunters are here and it won't take long for them to find us. I need you on my side and you need me on yours."

Author's Note:

This chapter is dedicated to adrika1111 because she's been so supportive and sweet<3

I will see you gummies and nerds in my next chapter. BYEE!!