Mute

Sophie's POV

"Ok, so, the Alphas were first. Kali and Ennis were both murdered by a military tomahawk. The Walcott's were next. Sean, his brother and their parents. So, that's four. They were all killed by the professional assassin, the Mute." Stiles recited, taping up the pictures of Sean and his family. "And last night, Demarco was killed."

I looked at Scott at the mention of the body he had found last night, remembering how both he and Isaac had gone outside to find the man's head cut off.

"And this morning, another body was found. Carrie Hudson." Stiles stepped away from the board as I looked over all of it. "All of them were on the list. But Carrie and Demarco weren't killed the same way the others were. It's like someone else killed them. So the Mute's probably not working alone."

"And we need the other two keywords." I added, getting up to stand in front of the board, folding my arms across my chest as I stared at it.

"Which Lydia is working on."

"And we still need to find out what Lydia is."

"And then there's Kate and Laila. Kate knew about the Mute before we did and she knew he'd be at the loft that night."

"And she wanted Laila to choose who died."

"Which means we're all tied in."

"Maybe I should tell my mom." I admitted under my breath, lifting up one hand to run it through my hair.

Telling her was one of the last things I wanted to do but this was getting out of hand.

"Is that a good idea?" Scott asked, speaking up for the first time in a while.

"Probably not. But we don't know what we're dealing with and Stiles might be right. My mom might know what or who this is. She'll at least know what to do next."

"Don't tell her yet. Let's wait for Lydia to find the other keys, maybe one of them will tell us something important."

"Maybe we should call Isaac, see how she's doing."

Laila's POV

"Laila, seriously get out of here." Lydia demanded again, still trying convince me to leave.

"I don't want to leave you alone."

"Your parents leave in a few hours. Go spend time with them. Maybe I need to be alone for whatever this is to work."

"I don't know."

"Laila, you get to see your parents about twice a year. Go."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. I'll call you if anything major happens."

I sighed before grabbing my phone off the desk and leaning down to give her a quick hug. "Alright. Isaac and I will be back after my parents leave."

"Take your time. Say goodbye to them for me."

I nodded my head, slipping my hand into Isaac's as he hung up his call. He muttered a goodbye to Lydia before pulling me out of the room and down the stairs.

He pulled me to a stop once we were out the house, turning me to face him. "I'm sorry you didn't get to spend your birthday the way you wanted to."

"Don't be sorry. I had an amazing birthday."

"Besides the fact that you found out all of us are going to die?"

"You're not going to die." I shook my head, stepping closer as I reached up to rest my free hand on his jaw. "We'll figure it out."

"I'm not worried. At least, not about me."

"No one's going to die." I rephrased, squeezing his fingers. "Everything will be ok."

"I know. Come on, let's get back before your parents leave."  

Author's Note:

The pack is putting together pieces! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!!!