Math

Sophie's POV

"How's your mom?" I asked as Scott came back out of his house.

We'd driven Melissa back to the house and left them alone to talk about what had happened, Stiles and I waiting in the Jeep.

"She won't talk to me." he grumbled, a look of obvious hurt and frustration on his face.

"Well, at least she knows now." I tried, an attempt at cheering him up.

It didn't work, his frown remaining in its place.

"Yeah. Did you guys find anything on wendigos?" He changed the subject, his eyes looking over to where Stiles was doing some research on his phone.

"Yeah, but nothing on the mouthless murderer." Stiles muttered, shaking his head.

"Do you think he was something supernatural?" I questioned Scott, turning back to him.

"I don't know."

"I've never seen anything like him." I agreed, playing with my hands as I talked.

"Wait a second, would you parents know?" Stiles pointed out, looking up from his phone.

"My parents...they don't exactly know about all of this."

"They're hunters, they should know about the supernatural."

"I mean, they don't know about us. They don't know that Scott's a werewolf or that I'm technically in Derek's pack or any of this."

"Well, you're gonna have to tell them eventually."

"No, look, my mom has enough to deal with right now. I can't tell her yet, I don't even know how she'd react."

"Well, what are we supposed to do? Who else knows about the supernatural?"

Scott's eyes lit up as he held out his hand, telling us to stop. "Deaton."

Laila's POV

"Where was that?" Isaac pointed at another picture on my wall, once again demanding I tell him the story behind some of them.

"That was Luke's third birthday. He was so excited when we brought out the cake and then, he realized there were gifts and he just had this really big smile." I smiled fondly at the picture of a younger Luke with frosting surrounding his mouth, a goofy grin on his face.

"Are those your parents?" he continued, pulling the photo off the wall to get a better look.

"Yeah. They try to come back for birthdays."

"Try?"

"Sometimes they don't make it. They missed Luke's this year and I doubt they'll be coming back for mine but you never know. They always surprise me."

"Where are they now?"

"Last I heard they went to Ireland."

"Why aren't they here?"

I debated telling him the same answer I'd given him the first time he'd asked about my parents but decided on just telling him the truth.

"Long story short, my parents had me when they really young. They both wanted to successful people and they didn't think they could do that if people knew they had a kid. My mom knew Mary's aunt and she agreed to take me in. And back then, Mary lived with her aunt too and when Mary turned eighteen, my parents bought us an apartment and we both moved out together."

Isaac's eyebrows furrowed, his arm wrapping around my shoulders to pull me into his side as he nodded me on.

"And then, my parents had Luke and they bought us this house. That's pretty much it."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm not mad about it. I don't even want to know what I would've been like if I'd been raised by them instead of Mary and her aunt."

"Do you know them at all?"

"A little. Like I said, they show up for birthdays sometimes, maybe a holiday. From what I know, they seem like pretty decent people."

The arm that was around my shoulders moved, his hand reaching back to play with my hair. "Maybe one day I'll meet them. Do they even know about me?"

"Yeah, I told them about you a long time ago."

"How long?" A flattered smile began to grown on his face, that fascinated look lighting his eyes up.

"The night of that first lacrosse game."

"What'd you say?"

"A lot."

"Like?"

"Like, 'oh my God, mom, he's so cute!'" I teased, smiling as he laughed, rolling his eyes. "What about you? Ever talk about me to anyone?"

"Nope. Never."

"Oh really?" I sat up, leaning away from his body so I could full look at him. "So if I were to call Erica and ask her that, she would have the same answer?"

"Erica tends to exaggerate."

"I'm sure she does."

"And besides, we're not supposed to call or text anyone today so it doesn't matter." His grin turned smug, obviously proud of finding the loophole.

"I'll just ask her tomorrow."

"Alright, I may talk about you a little." he admitted, giving in.

"Just a little?"

"I'd say average amount."

I had to let out a laugh at his stubbornness, leaning forward to press a quick kiss to his lips. He let out a whine as I stood up, his hand reaching out for mine.

"Where are you going?"

I shot him a smile before beginning to stroll around the room, just wanting to stretch out my legs. Isaac got up, only to move over to sit by my desk, his eyes going over to the notebook Lydia had left behind.

"What's this?"

"Lydia's math notes." 

He lifted it up, opening it up as I walked over to him.

"What are you doing?"

"I could use some help in math."

"Isaac, those are Lydia's." I laughed again as he pulled me down onto his lap, holding the notebook away from me so I couldn't take them. 

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

I let my eyes scan over the notes, pausing when it seemed to be nothing but a jumble of letters and numbers with a few punctuation marks.

"What kind of math does she take?" he grumbled, looking over at me in confusion.

"That's not math."

Author's Note:

So, Laila and Isaac discovered Lydia's notes! What do you think Lydia's reaction will be?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!