Sleep

Laila's POV

"I just need to shower and then I'll take you home." Isaac promised, leading me into the loft.

He pulled me up the stairs, into the room I assumed was his. It wasn't too messy, a few shirts thrown around but it seemed decently clean.

"I'll be right back." He grabbed a change of clothes before leaving the room to shower.

I looked down at my dress, playing with the soft material before deciding to look around the room. I spent a few minutes looking through the books he had sprawled over the bed, most of them for school.

I walked over to the dresser, smiling to myself as I saw a picture of a woman who was holding a toddler, another slightly older looking child next to her. All three of them had the blue eyes Isaac had.

My eyes then moved over to the picture next to it, of Isaac and I kissing. I tilted my head as I remembered Isaac taking multiple pictures of me, remembered taking the camera from him and taking the picture, remembered how he had asked to borrow the camera after.

It was such a small thing but for some reason, I felt flattered he'd kept the picture and put it on display.

"Uh, I can explain." His voice made me jump, his eyes staring at me to try to get my reaction. "I just-"

I cut him off by pressing my lips to his, reaching my arms up to wrap them around his neck as I felt his go around my waist. He held me tighter when I pulled back, pressing his forehead to mine.

"I just really like the picture." he finished, his eyes opening again to look into mine.

"It's fine. I love that picture too. I'll have to get a copy of it."

He grinned down at me before his eyes went down to my dress, his smile falling. "I'm sorry we ruined your winter formal."

"You didn't ruin it. It might not have been what I imagined but I went with you, we got at least one slow dance and all of you survived. I think it was a very successful night."

"Are you sure you're not mad?"

"Not at all. And even if I was, I wouldn't be mad at you. I'm just glad you're ok. You must be exhausted though. We should get going so you can get some sleep."

He laughed before pulling me back down the stairs and outside. He opened the car door for me, helping me in before getting in on the driver's side.

"You know, one of these days, I want to drive us around." I told him as he started the car, looking over when I spoke.

"You know how to drive?" he joked, reaching his free hand out to grab mine.

"Yes, I do. I'm an excellent driver. You can ask Lydia or Mary or really anyone who's seen me drive. They'll all say I'm fantastic."

"And incredibly modest."

I let out a laugh, leaning my head against the seat as I tilted it to look at him. I leaned over to press a kiss to his cheek before resting my head on his shoulder, my free hand coming up to grab his arm.

I smiled as I felt his lips press into the top of my head, his fingers squeezing mine.

"What did you think of the winter formal? Before, you know, nearly being set on fire." I questioned, letting my eyes shut.

"It seemed ok."

"Just ok?"

"Well, like you said, I was nearly set on fire. But before that, it was fine."