Howling

Sophie's POV

I used the spare chains, wrapping them around the Alpha a few times before dragging him into the bathroom.

"Oh God." I groaned as I started for the door again.

He growled in his sleep, making me smile. I turned to watch as he slowly woke up. Red eyes met mine and he started snarling, bearing his teeth.

I reached and turned the sink on, letting the cold water run over my hand before turning and flicking the water at him. "Bad dog." I scolded, turning the water off.

He shook his head and went back to his threatening growls.

"Derek Hale. I see you've upgraded to Alpha." I smiled at him, crouching down to his height as I folded my arms across my chest.

He snapped his teeth at me, straining against the chains.

"Don't even bother. An Alpha twice the size of you couldn't get out. And he had a pack. Who do you have, Derek? Your sister? Your uncle? Oh wait. They're dead."

He lunged for me, falling a few feet away from me.

"Ooh, touchy. Is something wrong with me talking about them? Is it the fact that they're dead and you killed them?"

"I didn't kill my sister." He regained some control, enough to talk.

"But you killed your uncle. How could you? Your own family."

"He deserved it. He killed her."

"Just think about it. If he were here, then maybe you would have a pack." I pointed out, shrugging my shoulder.

I then heard a howl, sounding close. Scott. Derek stiffened and gave his reply, making me wince at the volume.

"Really? He's twenty feet away from you. You had to howl that loudly?" I snapped, standing up. I walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me.

I went down into the basement, finding Scott struggling with his chains, growling and whining in frustration when they wouldn't break.

"Scott!"

He froze and turned to me, tilting his head as his yellow eyes looked at me.

"No howling."

I turned and went back up to the kitchen, hoping he'd stay quiet.  

"Sophia? Why is Derek Hale in our bathroom?" my father asked, his arms folded across his chest.

"Mom, dad, you're home early."

"Answer the question."

"He attacked me. Or tried to."

"That's my girl." He smiled proudly before giving me a small hug and kissing my forehead. "Are you hurt at all?"

"Nope. Perfectly fine."

"Good. Honey, call Marcus and tell him we have an Alpha to deal with."

Mom nodded and left, smiling at me before she went out of view.

"And you need to go upstairs and get into bed. You've done well."

"Thanks but I think I'll stay for just a bit." I needed to keep them away from the basement. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell my father Scott was a werewolf just yet. He would either embrace the idea or kill Scott.

"Alright. Stay safe." He smoothed my hair down before going into the living room.

I snuck back down into the basement, locking the door behind me. Scott was now slumped against the wall, probably exhausted from struggling with the chains.

"Scott, my parents are here."

He perked up at the sound of my voice and turned toward me.

"We need to get you out of here. Can I trust you not to hurt me?" I knelt down next to him, meeting his yellow gaze. His hand came out to rest on my knee and then it wrapped around my leg to yank me forward.

I closed my eyes as he leaned in to sniff at my neck. I felt his lips brush against my skin, softly. Then he pulled away.

"Yes." he whispered, nodding.

I slowly unhooked the chains from the dresser but kept them on Scott so we could hold him down somewhere else.

"Wait here. I'm gonna go see if there's anyone in the kitchen." I stood up and quietly made my way up the stairs, peeking out into the kitchen. Three tall men stood in the middle of it, talking to my father.

"Sophia. There you are. Come here, princess." He held out his hand, smiling.

I obeyed, shutting the basement door quickly. I walked over to them as the man in the middle held out his hand.

"I'm Marcus. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Sophie."

"I see you've found an Alpha."

I stayed silent, simply starting to play with a lock of my hair.

"Let's go see what you've caught then."

He started for the bathroom and once they were all in there, I rushed for the basement door. I waved at Scott, who stood up and gathered his chains before walking up the staircase.

"Sophie? What're you doing?" I heard my mother's voice as I saw her begin to walk over.

I shut the door, pressing my back against it. "Nothing! Just...I thought I heard a noise."

"I did too. It sounded like chains."

"It was probably just the guys. They're with Derek right now and I used the chains to tie him up."

"Honey, now that I think about it, I actually need a new knife. Would you mind stepping aside so I can get inside?" she asked, giving me a look that told me she wasn't buying it.

"Um, I'll get it for you. What kind do you want?"

"Just let me get it." She reached for the doorknob, pushing me aside.

"Wait!"

But the basement was empty. There was no sign of Scott, no sign of him ever being there. I breathed a sigh of relief and smiled at mom, who frowned and turned back around. "Never mind. I just remembered I have it in my bag. Let's go check on your father."

"Actually, I think I'm just gonna go to bed. I'm really tired. I've had a long night." I lied, shrugging as I headed toward the stairs.

"How was your date with Scott?"

"It was fun. He, uh, took me out for ice cream then we went to the party for a bit."

"Are you alright? You seem nervous."

"I just...I'm fine. Nothing you need to worry about."

"Why do I get the feeling this has something to do with Scott?"

"It doesn't. I just, I got into a fight with Erica."

"Oh I'm sorry, sweetie. What happened?" She turned back into my caring mom, reaching her arms out for a hug.

"It was silly. I'm gonna go call her and apologize."

"Ok honey. I'll be here, alright?" She rubbed my shoulder and kissed my cheek, releasing me.

"Yeah. Goodnight." I ran up the stairs, shutting my door behind me. I immediately ran for my window before peeking out, hoping he'd be there in his room.

Of course not.

I opened the window and slid out, looking for anything to grab onto. I made my way down, jumping off when I was close enough to the ground. I landed in a crouch, my hands reaching out to steady me. I straightened up without a pause and took off towards the woods.

I heard the ever familiar howl of a lonely wolf searching for its Alpha. But it wasn't Scott.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late upload but here it is!!

I will see you boogles in my next chapter. BYEE!!!