Forbidden

Sophie's POV

"Scott's a good kid." a voice said as I went into my room, the smile still on my face. I looked up to see Derek leaned against my desk, his eyes going down to the wolf I still carried.

"Hello Derek."

"What could you want with a guy like Scott? I don't understand you Greys. Always so mysterious. What's your motive with him?"

"Does there always have to be a motive?"

"Yes." He straightened up, shooting me a glare. "He's innocent. Whatever you're planning, you should stop before I have to rip you apart."

"I'm not planning anything with Scott. And why do you care so much about him anyway?"

"He's in my pack."

"No, he's not. I think you're the one planning something here. Why do you care about Scott, really? Is it because you need a pack? What are you going to do with Erica?" I snapped, folding my arms across my chest.

"You think you know everything, don't you? You're just a little girl, Sophie, stop acting like you rule the world."

"Watch your tone, Derek. When will you realize I'm the only thing standing between you and Scott? If I tell him it's a good idea to join your pack, you've got another member."

"That's what you think. But what if I were to tell Scott the truth about you? About your family? I doubt he would still be with you if he knew."

"Don't try to threaten me, Derek. It won't work. And even after he finds out, he'll still love me."

"Love you? How do you know he loves you? Has he said it yet?"

"Well, no but...I know he does."

"And there it is. You Greys always have a breaking point. Yours is Scott, young love, I guess. That will go away. Once you two get out of the honeymoon stage, he'll leave you. He'll realize how crazy you are and run as fast as his legs can carry him."

The door burst open, revealing my father standing there, his gun raised and pointed at Derek.

"Don't move." my father warned, even as Derek quickly ducked out of the window before either of us could react.

My dad sighed, lowering the gun before walking over to shut my window.

"Why was he in your room?" he asked, leading me down to the kitchen as he went straight for the stove to make tea.

"He must have snuck in while I was out with Scott. I don't know how. I guess I'll have to get a new lock on my window."

"You were out with Scott until this late?"

"She had permission. I told her it was ok if her curfew was extended to midnight." my mother defended, sitting down next to me.

"It is not ok! That is too late for my daughter to be staying out." he snapped, giving up on the tea and dumping the water back out into the sink.

"Dad, it's fine. We were with Lydia and Jackson."

"And that makes it better?"

"Come on, it's not like we were eloping!"

"I don't care. Your curfew is ten. In fact, on weekdays, it's eight and on the weekend, it's ten."

"That's not fair!" I complained, my eyebrows furrowing.

"Greg, that's too extreme. It's fine for her to be out until ten on weekdays and then midnight of weekends. Tonight was special because this was a double date." my mom put in, taking my hand in hers.

"You're lucky I'm letting her out at all!"

"Dad, I'm not six anymore. You can trust me." I tried again, nodding my head to exaggerate my words.

"I do trust you. It's him I don't trust."

"Scott?"

"Greg, Scott is a nice boy. He has been nothing but polite and he has treated our daughter like royalty." Even my mom was shocked, both of us now staring at my father in confusion.

"He's a nice boy now but what happens once they get comfortable with each other? What happens if he gets bored and decides he wants someone else? What if he hurts you?"

"Scott isn't like that. He's the sweetest boy I've ever met." I defended, leaning towards my dad in an attempt to get him to listen.

"That's it! I've let this go on for too long. You are forbidden from seeing him anymore."

"What?" Mom and I both yelled, my eyes widening.

"You heard me. Now go up to your room and make sure you stay in there. I'll be checking."

"Why can't you just trust me, dad? I get it, I'm your only daughter but I think I've earned your trust by now. I have never broken your rules. I stayed away from boys. I did my training. I never did anything to deserve this!" I protested, standing up.

"Go to your room."

"Fine!" I stormed up the stairs, slamming my door loudly. I stood there for a few seconds before grabbing my school bag. I threw in a few things I thought I might need, listening to my parents arguing downstairs.

I grabbed my phone and called Scott, taking a minute to sit down on the bed and try to catch my breath.

"Hello?"

"Can I stay the night tonight?"

"What's wrong?"

"I'll tell you when I come over."

Author's Note:

Drama!!! Who's side are you on? Derek's or Sophie's? And do you think her dad's right to forbid her from seeing Scott? Do you think he'll ever warm up to him?

I'll see you boogles in my next chapter. BYEE!!