Jealous

Sophie's POV

We walked into class, hand in hand with Stiles trailing behind us with Erica. I saw his hand slowly reach out to hold hers as they walked. I gasped and hit Scott's shoulder to get his attention.

"Ow! What was that for?" he asked as we sat down. I pointed to Stiles and Erica both smiling at each other. "Oh."

Erica looked away from Stiles for a moment and I winked at her as she passed. She giggled and went to sit in her seat right behind ours.

Nothing too excited happened in class, most of it spent passing notes with Scott and now Erica.

Then it was time for art. Turns out Erica had this class to, but she was sat in the back with a kid named Matt.

We had a choice to either play with some clay or do the project. I didn't feel like painting so I decided to grab some clay for both Scott and I.

"Wait. Give me your clay." I demanded as a new idea came to my head.

"Why?"

"We're gonna make a super wolf." I took his ball of clay and then started working on the body while telling him to start on the legs.

"A wolf can be super?"

"Of course a wolf can be super. Keep up with the times, sweetie." I teased, shaking my head.

We spent the next hour shaping and cutting and detailing our wolf. I sighed proudly as we finished, leaning back to admire our work.

I left to wash my hands, unable to stand the feeling of my hands being dirty.

"Hi." a voice murmured as someone started using the sink next to me.

"Hi." I looked up to see Erica's partner, Matt.

"You're really pretty." he muttered, almost to himself.

"Oh, thank you. I should go. My boyfriend's waiting." I hinted, grabbing a towel to wipe my hands off.

"Scott, you mean?"

"Yeah. You know him?"

"I've seen him around, yeah."

"Cool. Um, I really should go." I couldn't shake the feeling that there was something off about Matt.

"You're way too pretty for a guy like Scott." Again, it sounded like he was talking to himself but I still responded, trying to be polite.

"It's actually the other way around. He's too good for me."

"Never say that. You're perfect." He moved closer, a little too close for my liking.

"Ok, I'm leaving. Maybe I'll see you later or something." I rushed back over to my desk, immediately ducking into Scott's chest in an attempt to remove Matt from my mind.

His arms slowly wrapped around me, his eyes looking down at me as his grip tightened. I peeked over his shoulder and found Matt staring directly at me with burning blue eyes.

"Miss Grey and Mr. McCall, this is amazing! There's so much detail." the teacher cooed, coming over to look at our wolf. "I would like to see you two after class."

We nodded and she returned to her desk, smiling and humming to herself.

"Who was that talking to you?" Scott asked, playing with a lock of my hair.

"This guy named Matt. Can we please not talk about him?"

"Did he do something to you? What happened?"