Hang Out

Sophie's POV

"Where are you going?" my mom's voice called as I went to open the front door.

"I'm going to hang out with some friends."

"Alright, be back by curfew."

I slipped outside, jogging over to Scott's house. Stiles's Jeep was parked in the driveway, both of them sitting inside already. I got in, leaning forward to kiss Scott's cheek before he shut the car door.

I sat silently on the drive over to Derek's loft, playing with my fingers. I didn't like the thought of my dad and all of his men out there fighting the Alphas.

"Sophie? Hello?" Stiles snapped his fingers, making me look up at him. "We're here."

I nodded my head, quietly getting out of the car. I saw them glance at each other before Scott waved Stiles ahead, grabbing my hand and pulling me aside.

"You alright? You haven't said a word to me since this morning." he whispered, careful not to speak too loudly since there were werewolves in the building a few feet away, no doubt able to hear every word.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

"Are you sure? You know, you don't have to train with us. You can go back home and get some rest, if you want."

"No, I want to train."

He sighed, letting me lead him inside. Bryn looked up at our arrival, mid-stretch.

"We're still missing one." she pointed out as she continued stretching.

I looked around, noticing Isaac wasn't here yet.

"I knew it. I knew he wouldn't come." Erica rolled her eyes, folding her arms across her chest.

"What do you mean? Do you know where he is?"

"Where do you think he is? He's with Laila, as usual."

"Can you call him? Tell him it's time to train."

"I have. I've called, texted. I highly doubt he's coming so we might as well get started."

Bryn frowned at that, turning to Derek. "We should go find him."

"As much as I would love to embarass Isaac by literally dragging him back here, we're wasting time talking about it. Let's just start now." Erica dismissed, getting up off the couch. 

I followed her over to the empty space we'd labeled as the training area.

Derek looked over at the door before shaking his head, walking over. "Fine."

Isaac's POV

"No, it's not the same." Laila argued, shaking her head. "It's not like any other festival. It's the best festival ever invented."

We were currently sitting in my car, the sun setting in front of us as we talked.

"I never said it wasn't." I pointed out, fighting off a smile.

"Good. Just you wait, you'll love it. There are rides and games and we can be that cheesy couple that wins each other stuffed animals."

"Is that the kind of couple we are?"

"Cheesy? Well, you do have a habit of saying very corny things."

"When have I ever said something corny?"

"You are the king of corny. We kissed under a tree in my backyard while the sprinkers were going, so technically we kissed in the rain."

"That was both of us. Actually, if I remember correctly, you kissed me first."

"I'm corny, I'll admit to that. I love a good romance."

"I'm still not corny."

She giggled, reaching her hand up to rest it on my jaw, her thumb stroking the skin there. "You are but it's cute."

I began to lean my head down when my phone rang for what felt like the hundreth time that night. I'd been ignoring it, too busy focusing on her.

She smiled as my nose bumped into hers, my eyes beginning to shut. "You should answer that. It's been going off all day."

I pulled my phone out, turning it on silent before setting it down. "There."

"What if it's an emergency?"

"It's not. Don't worry."

She dropped her head onto her fist, a frown forming on her lips. "I don't want to take you away from your friends."

"You're not."

"They must miss you. I've been kinda of hogging you. Maybe you should go see them."

"I'm not some trophy, you don't have to share me with anyone. I want to spend time with you."

"Maybe I can invite them over for a game night or something." she continued, her eyes flickering around the car. "Would you be ok with that? I've already met them all. I like Sophie and Erica. And I've bumped into Scott and Stiles a few times, they seemed cool. So it's really just a formal introduction."

"Laila. It's fine. I'll talk to Erica tonight." I interuppted, smiling at her rambling.

"I want to. I'll talk to all of them."

Author's Note:

Another chapter!!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEEE!!!!