Tomorrow

Isaac's POV

"The full moon's tomorrow, you know." Erica informed as I packed up my books after school.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Scott and Sophie are meeting us at the loft since the train station obviously didn't work out too well."

"What time?"

"Around five."

I noticed Laila and Lydia about to leave, both of them laughing about something.

"I'll see you later." I muttered, closing my locker and running over to catch up to them. "Hey." I absentmindedly wrapped my arm around Laila's waist in an attempt to slow her pace.

"Hi. Are you still coming over?"

"Yeah, if you're ok with it."

"Of course I am. Did you want a ride over?"

"That'd be great, if Lydia doesn't mind." I looked over at Lydia as she continued walking to her car, paying no attention to us as she talked to Jackson.

"She doesn't."

I got into the backseat while they both got in the front seats, Lydia starting the car. They chatted on the drive to Laila's house, trying to keep me in the conversation.

"I'll see you later." Laila called as we got out of the car. Lydia waved at her before driving away. "Come on."

Laila led the way to her door, letting both of us in.

"I think Mary and Luke are out shopping. He needed some new clothes." she said, going into the kitchen and beginning to look through the cupboards. "Want something to eat?"

"I'm fine."

"Well, remember what Mary said, make yourself at home. If you ever need anything, don't be afraid to get it."

I smiled as she grabbed a bag of chips and started heading for her bedroom. I followed her upstairs, into the room.

She took off her jacket as I started to shrug off mine. I saw my old jacket laid on her chair, making my smile grow.

"You kept it?" I questioned, nodding to it.

"You said I could. Did you want it back?"

"No, it looks better on you."

She bit her lip on a smile before turning back to her bag, pulling out the books she would need. I walked over to her side, standing much closer than I'd originally planned.

I looked over at her, letting my eyes roam over her pretty features before her eyes glanced up at me.

"What?" she muttered, a small laugh following her words.

"Nothing."

She opened her mouth to say something else, her eyes narrowing before they moved back down her books. "We should get started."

She sat down on the bed while I sat on the floor, pulling out the things I would need. She brought the book into her lap, looking down at it as she opened it. We got started, although half of the time, I was more focused on her than the book.

She eventually sprawled out on the bed, laying on her stomach while I was still on the floor, using my knees as a table. 

"I'm kind of stuck on this one." I admitted, tapping my pencil against my notebook.

She leaned over my shoulder to look at it, making my eyes go back up to her face once again. Her hair fell forward, into her face. I reached up to tuck it behind her ear, her gaze slowly moving over to mine as I kept my hand on her cheek.

She leaned closer, pressing her lips to mine as my thumb rubbed her cheek. I felt her smile as she pulled away, shaking her head.

"Um, what question was it?"

Sophie's POV

"I want to join the training." I announced to Derek, feeling Scott's fingers squeeze mine.

"Soph, you might get hurt." Scott quickly argued, turning to face me with a worried look on his face.

"I think she'll be fine." Derek added, a knowing smile on his face as I sent him a glare.

"He's right. I'll be fine."

"If you ever want to stop, just let me know. If they fight too hard, tell me. Ok?" Scott tilted my chin to force me to look into his eyes.

I nodded, gently placing my hand on his wrist.

"As touching as this is, can we start already?" Erica snapped, her arms folded across her chest.

"I'll fight with Sophie." Derek said, stepping towards me.

Scott hesitated, glaring at Derek. I let go of his hand, sending him a small smile when he looked over at me.

I took a deep breath as I turned back to Derek. Here we go again.

***

"That looked like it hurt." I commented as Derek stumbled back.

He growled before grabbing my arm, pushing me onto the floor as if I weighed nothing. Scott quickly ran over, his hand on the same place Derek's had been as his thumb rubbed gentle circles into the skin.

"Move, Scott." Derek ordered, rolling out his arms.

"No. I think that's enough training for today."

"It's only been an hour." I protested as he helped me up, keeping his arm locked around my waist.

"That's already too long. Especially since you're just starting."

"Oh, she's not just starting." Derek scoffed, turning away from us.

"What do you mean?"

"Scott, let's just leave." I interrupted, trying to recapture his attention.

"Why don't you ask Sophie about her family?" Derek hinted, walking towards Erica.

"What is he talking about?" Scott muttered, looking down at me in confusion.

"Let's just go. Thanks for the training, Derek, it's been a pleasure." I led Scott out of the loft, nearly running out of the building.

"What did he mean?"

"I'll tell you later." 

Author's Note:

A bit of Lilaac in this chapter and Sophie's training!

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!