Monster

Isaac's POV

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked, driving Laila back to her house.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

"I do worry about you. Whatever's happening to you isn't normal."

"I know." she muttered, looking down at her hands, wringing her shirt in between them.

I looked over at her, deciding to go through with what I'd been thinking about for a few days as I turned the car around.

"Where are we going?"

"Someplace to clear your head."

"I told you, Isaac, I'm ok. Really."

"You died, Laila. You were dead. And every night since then, you've been having the same nightmare and last night, you had the same dream as the two other people that died. I'm pretty sure that's going to cause some stress."

"I can handle it."

"I'm sure you can. But that doesn't mean it won't be good for you to have a little distraction."

"And what exactly is that little distraction?"

"You'll see."

Sophie's POV

"What do you say tomorrow, we watch more of those horrible werewolf movies?" Scott offered, walking me up to my door after Stiles had dropped us off.

"That sounds so incredibly amazing."

"I'll see you after dinner? Are you sure you don't want to eat with my mom and me?"

"I'm sure. My mom made some of her famous brownies and I really want to be able to get the first bite."

"I will love you forever if you bring me some of those brownies."

"Aren't you supposed to love me forever either way?" I teased, getting on my toes as I looked up at him, biting my lip on my smile.

"I will. But I'll let you choose which movie we watch first if you bring me the brownies."

"You would let me choose either way." I pointed out, reaching up to play with the collar of his shirt as he leaned down to press a kiss to my temple.

"Alright fine. I'll let you choose, I'll make the popcorn and I'll pay for the food."

"You'd do all those things no matter what I did. But I'll bring them for you anyway."

He laughed, leaning down further to press his lips against mine, his hands gently grabbing my waist to pull me closer.

"I love you." I murmured, keeping my eyes shut.

"Love you more."

"We're not discussing that right now. You are going home and eating with your mother and I'm going to go get some of those brownies. Meet you in an hour?"

His response was another kiss, this time to my cheek before he turned to walk back over to his house. I laughed to myself, the goofy smile still on my face as I let myself into my own home.

The smile fell off my face at the sight in front of me, pausing as I let the door close behind me.

"Dad? What're you doing?" I asked hesitantly, walking over to stand next to him.

Nearly every weapon we owned was displayed on the dining table, all of the chairs occupied by the ones that couldn't fit. He had a small handgun in his hands, loading it up with bullets.