I Trust You

Sophie's POV

I groaned as I sat up in the bed, stretching out my sore limbs. I reached over for my phone to check the time, seeing that I had a few messages from my parents.

I let out a deep exhale before going downstairs. I started going through the cupboards, assuming Scott was the one opening and closing the front door.

"Scott? Is that you?" a voice called. Melissa. I froze as she stepped into the kitchen.

"Hi Mrs. McCall."

"Sophie? Where's Scott?"

"He went out to see Stiles. I hope you don't mind, I just needed to drop something off."

"In my cupboards?"

"I, uh, I borrowed some sugar so...I was returning it."

"You're lucky I like you. Tell me what you're really doing here." She sat her bag down, smiling as she patted the chair next to her. I sat down at the table with her, awkwardly pulling at my shirt.

"Well I kind of fell asleep over here last night because I got into a fight with my parents and then I made Scott let me stay with him and it's all my fault so don't blame him and I just needed someone-" I rambled before she broke me off by laughing.

"Calm down. Fight with parents. I've been there before. It's ok. Stay as long as you need to."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Not in the same room as my son though. Scott can sleep on the couch."

"You're like the coolest mom ever." I muttered in awe before reaching over to hug her.

"Well, Scott really likes you. He talks about you all the time. You must be something special because he's never acted like this before."

I smiled, looking down at the floor at the thought.

"Can you cook, Sophie?"

"Not at all."

"Neither can I. Want to order some pizza?"

"Seriously, coolest mom ever!"

***

"And then, he-" The story of how Scott had convinced himself he could fly when he was a kid was cut short by the door opening again. His eyes widened when he noticed Melissa and I sitting on the couch, quickly putting two and two together.

"Oh, mom, Sophie, um...I can explain."

"Don't worry. She already did. And she's free to stay as long as she wants. We ordered pizza, It's in the kitchen if you want some. I'm going to head off to bed. Scott, you're sleeping on the couch tonight. I'll be checking on you both." She walked over to kiss Scott's cheek then smiled at me. "Goodnight."

"Night!"

"Wait, so my mom is ok with you staying here?" Scott summed up, waiting until she had left the room.

"Yep. I think I'm on her good side now."

"But I have to sleep on the couch." he whined, pouting at me as I wrapped my arms around him.

"You poor thing. It could be worse. She could have kicked me out the second she saw me."

"But the couch!"

"You'll live. Come on." I took his hand and led him upstairs, into his room. "What happened with Stiles?"

He tensed up as I sat down on the bed.

"What's wrong?"

"There was an Alpha." He launched into the story of this afternoon, sitting down next to me.