Birthday

Laila's POV

"You're sure I wrote these?" Lydia repeated, looking over the notes again.

We were sat in her car, about to drive to school.

"It's your notebook so I'm assuming you did. Do you know what it means?"

"Not at all."

"Why did you write it?"

"I don't even remember writing this."

"Did anyone else have your notebook?"

"Only you."

I shook my head in confusion, looking over the unusual collection of words, number and punctuation marks. "I don't understand it. Do you think Sophie or Stiles will?"

"That still won't explain why I wrote it."

"Maybe they'll know that too."

She sighed before her eyes lit up, quickly moving forward to start the car. "We should get to school."

"Alright?" I laughed at her sudden change in mood, assuming she just wanted to get answers or maybe see Jackson.

"So, tonight, you and I are driving up to the lake house. You can invite Isaac, if you want because Jackson's coming. It can be like a double date."

"Tonight?"

"It's a bit short notice, I know, but it'll be fun."

"I'll see if Isaac can come." I leaned down to tuck the notebook back into my bag, trying to make sure I wouldn't forget it in case it was important and we just didn't know yet.

The car pulled to a stop in front of the school a few minutes later, Lydia eagerly getting out of the car. I shook my head to myself, climbing out and shutting my door before jogging over to join her.

We walked into the school as I spotted Isaac, starting to walk over to him when Lydia grabbed my arm.

"You can talk to him later. Come on."

"Alright?" I repeated, confusion sinking in.

I waved at Isaac and Erica as I was basically dragged past them, to my locker. Lydia turned to greet Jackson, a smile immediately brightening her face up.

I opened my locker, jumping as a few balloons floated out. A hand grabbed their strings before they could fly away, making me shoot Isaac a grateful smile. I noticed the card hanging on the door, "happy birthday" written in bright, bold letters.

"It's your birthday?" he asked, obviously amused.

"I totally forgot."

"How do you forget your own birthday?"

"It's been a bit crazy lately." I pointed out, opening up the card and reading the sweet note from Lydia. "Thank you, Lydia." I spoke up a bit to make sure she heard before tucking the card back into my locker.

"Well, how are we going to celebrate it?"

"Oh, that reminds me. Lydia, Jackson and I are going up to her lake house tonight. Do you want to come?"

"Of course. But I meant us, as in me."

"So my birthday is about you?" I teased, knowing what he meant.

"Exactly. So what are the plans? What do you want to do?"

"Right now, I think we need to get to class. Maybe after school, we can go out."

"Why don't we just skip?"

I let my jaw drop, turning my head to look at him, checking to see if he was serious. "We can't skip just because it's my birthday."

"So you really want to spend today in school, instead of out there, spending time with your boyfriend?"

"Maybe it's not the ideal birthday but I've never skipped and I'm not starting now."

"Fine. But after school, you're mine."

"Deal." I shut my locker after arranging everything back into place, shoving the balloons back in for now.

I turned to thank Lydia again but Isaac's hand quickly tilted my head back to face him, his lips pressing against mine before I could say anything. I lifted one of my arms to sling over his shoulder, getting on my toes as I felt a small smile spreading on his lips.

"Happy birthday."

Sophie's POV

"So, tonight, we'll go meet Deaton." I confirmed, sitting down at the lunch table. 

"Yeah, after school." Stiles agreed, taking a bite out of his apple.

Isaac nodded a greeting to us as he and Erica sat down. Before anyone could say anything, Laila walked over, moving to stand next to Isaac's chair.

"Um, I was wondering if I could get your help on something." she said, reaching into her bag to pull out a notebook as Lydia came to stand next to her.

"What is it?" Isaac questioned, his eyebrows furrowing as he tilted his head up to look at her.

Laila glanced back at Lydia, who nodded her on. "It's meant to be Lydia's math notes but this is what she wrote instead. We don't know what it means and Lydia doesn't know why she wrote it but we were hoping you guys would."

She set the open notebook in the middle of the table, revealing the confusing notes.

"What is that?" Erica muttered, leaning forward to get a better look.

"Hey, do you mind if I hold onto this?" Stiles asked, turning back to Laila.

"If it means you'll figure it out, you can keep it." Lydia added, obviously wanting to get this over with.

"Yeah, we'll look over it."

"Thanks." Laila smiled at him, turning to leave with Lydia not far behind.

"Do you know what it is?" I took the notebook, pulling it torwards me so I could see it.

"I don't know yet. But it's something."

"Like what?"

"I don't know that either."  

Author's Note:

It's Laila's birthday! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!!